Do you Wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bkeela
    Masturbation is shameful enough, but I will never humiliate myself enough to become a dumb, casual gamer.

Its far better to be a "serious" gamer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
      I don't think I could look myself in the mirror anymore if I were to swing a Wii remote around my living room just like hundreds of thousands of dorks around the world.

Masturbation is shameful enough, but I will never humiliate myself enough to become a dumb, casual gamer.
      Well at least it will be good exercise for all the 'fast food' generation(and their equaly fat parents)? They should make the controller weigh 3kgs atleast - and maybe introduce a running mat to the equation?

Comment

was at a friends the other day, they had a wii, for the 13 YO. Not playing any particular game, just registering for the Nintendo online service, creating a "wiimee" etc. Moving the controller around was essentially like using a mouse, and seemed a lot easier and more intuitive than using standard console controllers. Not that Ive spent more than a few minutes using a console controller.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

ASHER JESUS CHRIST http://www.slate.com/id/2154158

Comment

I have Zelda, but not a Wii it was the last one on the shelf, so I figured I'd get it when I could. The stores should be getting new Wii's later this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              ASHER JESUS CHRIST http://www.slate.com/id/2154158
              Just read that article for the first time, and I see why it's not widely circulated. It's hilariously bad.

He basically pans all the games for it, even Zelda, disses its graphics and sound, but says it's flatly "better than the Xbox 360 and PS3".

Then again, looking at his blogs, he's a whacky lefty pinko commie. I can see why you like the article.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I wont buy one but I hope one of my friends does as I'm kinda curious.

Comment

Today I was able to try out the Wii for the first time at GameStop. The only game they had was ExciteTruck, which is a fun game, but I'd have liked to have demoed a different game, even WiiSports. I'd seen people playing it, so I knew I needed to turn the controller sideways (holding it with both hands as you would a steering wheel) but the buttons/D-Pad setup took a little bit to get used to. The (1) and (2) buttons in particular threw me off, mostly because I was used to the 360 controller. I played a couple races in ExciteTruck, gave the Wii Menu a spin (the system wasn't set up to the Internet so I couldn't try out the Channels), but didn't hold on ot it for too long because there was a line growing for it. Compare this to the PS3, which I saw one person playing when I walked in; he left a minute or so later.

I don't think the controller will translate well in a traditional FPS game. Halo, etc would be, IMO, absolutely impossible to play with the Wiimote - you'd need the GameCube controller for it, which is fine. So games like Red Steel, I don't see how well it'd work, although lots of people love it.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid

Well at least it will be good exercise for all the 'fast food' generation(and their equaly fat parents)? They should make the controller weigh 3kgs atleast - and maybe introduce a running mat to the equation?
                    Nah, they are all too busy with their third hand playstation ones equipped with Britney's Dance Mat and a copy of International Track and Field.

Comment

got a wii this morning, my local bestbuy had I think 40 in stock and I was about halfway through the line, people were turned away. No extra wiimotes or nunchucks, so no multiplayer

purchased zelda, been playing that and wii sports off and on the rest of the day.

also purchased 2k wiipoints and will probably download mario64 tomorrow, and will see what other games get released tomorrow (the virutal console gets new games every monday I believe)

The controllers are much easier to use than I expected, a very short learning curve for each game.

Wiisports-
                      Boxing my favorite
                      bowling (my follow through causes a bad left spin on the ball)
                      tennis alright, but boring
                      baseball-haven't played enough, want to see multiplayer
                      golf-I suck at all forms of golf including this game.

Next purchase will probably be wii play, which has another 5 or so games and an additional wii mote included. will rent other games for now, will purchase virtual console games.

wireless setup was pretty simple.

Can't wait to try out Madden using it.

So far I like the system, but I am more interested in gameplay than graphics, and the wiimote is fun to use, especially in zelda, feels very natural there.

Comment

The Wii seems like a very interesting console. Super Smash Bros for Wii is gonna be a must have.
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          got a wii this morning, my local bestbuy had I think 40 in stock and I was about halfway through the line, people were turned away. No extra wiimotes or nunchucks, so no multiplayer

purchased zelda, been playing that and wii sports off and on the rest of the day.

also purchased 2k wiipoints and will probably download mario64 tomorrow, and will see what other games get released tomorrow (the virutal console gets new games every monday I believe)

The controllers are much easier to use than I expected, a very short learning curve for each game.

Wiisports-
                          Boxing my favorite
                          bowling (my follow through causes a bad left spin on the ball)
                          tennis alright, but boring
                          baseball-haven't played enough, want to see multiplayer
                          golf-I suck at all forms of golf including this game.

Next purchase will probably be wii play, which has another 5 or so games and an additional wii mote included. will rent other games for now, will purchase virtual console games.

wireless setup was pretty simple.

Can't wait to try out Madden using it.

So far I like the system, but I am more interested in gameplay than graphics, and the wiimote is fun to use, especially in zelda, feels very natural there.
                          Aside from Zelda, you might want to check out Rayman Raving Rabbids, 8.3, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, 8.0, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, 8.4 (scores from IGN) I haven't played these (as I don't have a Wii yet) but they are definitely ones I'd like to try out.

Comment

yup, I'm going to rent those. I originally thought I would buy one of the rayman or monkeyball games,but hesitated. Trauma center I'm concerned its a one weekend game, so I'll rent and see.

Comment

I've heard nothing but good about Rayman, so that would definitely seem to be a good one to pick up.
                              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Just read that article for the first time, and I see why it's not widely circulated. It's hilariously bad.

He basically pans all the games for it, even Zelda, disses its graphics and sound, but says it's flatly "better than the Xbox 360 and PS3".
                                Yup, did you see why? he says, that its better not cause of graphics, but cause of the gameplay mechanic of the controller. And he does criticize the current games, but sees great potential, which he expects will be realized soon.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X