No announcement yet.

SimCity4 RH MP Game, revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It destroyed it when I reconciled the edges, though I didn't save it. Its not a big deal..I want a freeway eventually anyways.

And that road and bridge is just a connection to his city anyways.
    "

Comment

• Ok, I'll leave it alone then

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
        Actually, It doesn't destroy the road or bridge... or at least it didn't when I viewed the two of those cities. I looked at Y first, then Epwood, and the highway connection didn't appear to do any damage.
        Without reconciliation the highway doesn't connect at all.

This is what reconciliation want's to do:

Isn't that a bit much? It might destroy my entire industy to the south.
        "

Comment

• Oh, I never bother to reconcile edges after the city has been founded. It has a nasty habit of destroying a whole side because one tile on the neighboring side is off... which happens sometimes during the course of development.

And for me the highway appeared without reconciling...

Comment

• Weird, then again, I've been in a situation where reconciliation has said 'nope everything is OK' and then suddenly changes its mind after I quit and reload.

And I didn't change anything on the south end at all.

Comment

• Okay, I imported my own city and the highway appeared.
              "

Comment

• Sweet.

Someone should make a table of everyone's cities...

Comment

• East Central

Here's downtown. Development is very mixed, with farms, housing, and factories all mixed together in close proximity. Grid? What grid?

Note the tollgates in the roads to Blountburg- East Central is not a car-friendly city! Road and Rail connections have also been made to Lemmy's future development as well as to the big space where depressed folks jump off the edge of the world.

On the flipside, most citizens are able to walk to work:

Download 1 MB
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Blountberg Year 05 in pictures.

Here we see the road and rail bridges heading from the "downtown" into the industrial area east of the river. The road bridge is particularly well-used, but it is believed that the separation of industrial pollution from the rest of the city is preferable. Also note of the heavy use of trees along the developed riverbanks; this program was initiated to help protect the waterways from too much damage, and to add green to the city.

At the main intersection of the so-called downtown, we see a commercial strip and some medium-density development, along with the mayor's house, the first city park, the first church, and the main station of the Blountsberg Southern Railroad (yes, it's the BS Railroad).

And here are the state of the art medical and educational facilities serving the town's 7000-plus residents.

Comment

• City Statistics 2005

Epwood
                      EPW
                      Pop: 12,033
                      Com. Jobs: 2,416
                      Ind. Jobs: 6,069

El Dorado
                      mrmitchell
                      Pop: 5,453
                      Com. Jobs: 848
                      Ind. Jobs: 2,303

Y City
                      Atragon
                      Pop: 12,282
                      Com. Jobs: 1,333
                      Ind. Jobs: 6,234

Mergdale
                      General Ludd
                      Pop: 2,197
                      Com. Jobs: 450
                      Ind. Jobs: 327

Blountburg
                      Jonny
                      Pop: 7,807
                      Com. Jobs: 1,281
                      Ind. Jobs: 3,759

East Central
                      Smiley
                      Pop: 9,904
                      Com. Jobs: 898
                      Ind. Jobs: 1,001

Fray Bentos
                      Maquilidora
                      Pop: 6,270
                      Com. Jobs: 831
                      Ind. Jobs: 1,442

Bubble Junction
                      Lemmy
                      Pop: 19869
                      Com. Jobs: 3707
                      Ind. Jobs: 5772
                      Last edited by EPW; June 16, 2005, 15:18.
                      "

Comment

• East Central Residents' Guide to the Cities 2005

Blountberg
                        Blountberg- probably where you work in the vast Blount Works on the east side of the river, or perhaps a place to go when the local clinic can't help you.

The downtown near the Blountberg Southern depot has the town's shopping and some civic facilities as well.

Mergdale
                        Accessible as of now only by water, Mergdale is a poular place to go for weekend getaways to its clean beaches. With all electricity generated by wind, the city's environment has been kept clean.

Y City
                        A slice of Los Angeles just over the hills, Y City is a drivers' paradise, with huge avenues and the regions' first freeway. Experience it now while traffic is still light.

Epwood
                        Those UFOs you've been seeing just might be real, as the city of Epwood is rumored to host a secret military installation. Sprawling over the map into several distinct districts, Epwood offers many the chance for that suburban dream house. Just watch out for those alien abductions and invading freeways...

El Dorado
                        It looks like this town's under a military dictatorship, with a huge military-industrial complex overlooking the city. Camp Dorado, located at the end of Army Avenue, is home to a new research program concerning coal-powered tanks.
                        For the less military inclined, the drive down Cliff Avenue affords spectacular views of the river and the Mr Mitchell Bridge.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• No pics for now, looks dull anyway. Ill gradually remove the grid system, and replace it with alternate transport systems.

Stats:

Maq-FrayBentos-1.1.05.zip
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Ok heres a picture taken down by the river in Fray Bentos:
                            Attached Files
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Oh damn, looks like i'm last...expect my upload sometime today
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• Presenting, Bubble Junction, with the beautifull Birestitutional Beach and Slothilicious Slums.

Population: 19869
                                Commercial Jobs: 3707
                                Industrial Jobs: 5772

Complete region @ 2005

And the city itself: Bubble Junction

(in case you're wondering, i don't believe those words exist.)
                                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                                X