SimCity4 RH MP Game, revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity4 RH MP Game, revisited

Anyone up for another bout of the "multiplayer" Simcity 4 we used to play around here?

I'd be in...

teh Edit: Link to previous game, for those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...ight=Rush+Hour

I might be interested... and then I might not

/me keeps an eye on this thread
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I recently obtained a copy of simcity 4 + rush hour and may be interested in playing.
      "

Comment

Well, that's two, not much though...

Where are the others? Tassi? Ludd?

Comment

Is 1.1.638.0 the newest version?
          "

Comment

I honestly don't know, it's been so long since I dealt with the official patches...

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
              I recently obtained a copy of simcity 4 + rush hour and may be interested in playing.
              Same.

Also, when i tried to install that .638 patch it didn't overwrite all files, i got some errors...the game is still functional though :/
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

One more should be enough....
                "

Comment

Suppose i can play to make up numbers. Havent played it in a while either.

Originally posted by EPW
                  Is 1.1.638.0 the newest version?
                  Yeah it is.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sure why not.

How involved will this be?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Not much. If the rules havent changed since i played with the original SC4, we all play a different region of the same city and each upload when we've played, the next player in the queue downloads all regions uploaded by other players into their own region to play, so they can do deals etc.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

So you rotate it then? ie, player 1 plays his time, player 2 downloads player 1 and plays, player 3 downloads player 1 and player 2 and so on? Or am I missing something?

Comment

No I think it means that we all play one city, but we download each others' at periodic intervals.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Correct.

People interested:
                            1. Jonny
                            2. EPW
                            3. Lemmy
                            4. Maquiladora
                            5. Smiley
                            6. Atragon
                            7. DaShi(?)
                            Last edited by Jonny; June 12, 2005, 09:12.

Comment

Six should be enough, more than I expected actually.

So what region are we going to use? What difficulty? What other rules? (I assume we will not be able to do the U-drive it missions for money, its a bit cheesy in my opinion). How many years before each upload? When do we start?
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X