Ind. Jobs: 4,222

Bubble Junction
    Lemmy
    Pop: 36,809
    Com. Jobs: 7,160
    Ind. Jobs: 7,433
    "

Comment

• Your cities look cool. The last time I played I created a large island littered with tall mesas. The city itself was built on the mesas allowing me to fractionalize them by types of ind, res, and com. However, I quickly discovered that you can't buid a bridge connecting two mesas unless it was also crossing water. This meant that I had to build the city on the mesas along the edge of the island until I could afford to have contruction for the central mesas as well as finding ways to get roads to the lower level. Anyway, the result of the city was odd but cool.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• East Central Report - 2015

As regional planner Jonny predicted, the recent housing boom led to a job crunch. The East Central government wasted no time to rectify the situation, giving the Redevelopment Agency $20,000 to rezone downtown farms into business districts. Nearly 10,000 commercial jobs were created in less than a year.

With the sudden boom in jobs, there was another housing boom. This time, the demand was satisfied with the construction of Smiley Homes, a new larger transit village based on the older Gulch Transit Village.
        With development proceeding at insane speeds, a third transit village served by subway and elevated rail was also built, with a connection to Bubble Junction. However, the housing bubble burst before development began, and as of now the three subway stops serve detached houses.

Meanwhile downtown a new stadium has been built. More windmills sprout up on the peaks. The army has expanded its facilities to include an airfield.

Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Fray Bentos '15

Stats:

4, 783
          2, 736
          9, 863

My industrial jobs went through the roof, thankfully most of it is manufacturing, now working on upgrading to high-tech.

All water system was placed, which immediately upgraded all my residential, and with a few tax breaks, a load of R$$$ have moved in, which in turn lowered my population, but increased land value a lot.

Next turn will probably be spent working on upgrading to high-tech industry, including converting to clean power.

Attached Files
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• BubbleJunction '15
            Population: 48 890
            Commerce: 18 173
            Industry: 7 439

Bubble Junction's finance department decided to take out a loan to speed up city development and toll gates were placed near both bridges to offset the loss caused by the defunct bridge.

To further the goal of becoming the commercial hub of the region, commercial taxes were lowered again, to an all-time low of 7.8% for High-Wealth Offices. This resulted in a low, but positive and steady demand of both Medium and High-Wealth Services and Offices.

Bubble Junction's traffic coordinator reached the height of his career this term, by opening Bubble Junction's first rail bridge (big bridge in the south), rail tunnel (see Crimigration B), and connecting our rail network to Y City, Fray Bentos and Blountberg.

City planners decided to postpone the residential development west of Sacaferocious and expanded Birestitutional Beach instead, which is now also where Mayor Lemmy has his home.

The plans to convert Slothilicious into an attractive business district continued however. Development of this new district started west of Slothilicious, but that was soon found to be too small.

So development continued on the east side as well, splitting this new districts into two parts. Development of this eastern section is currently still underway.

The two parts are scheduled to be merged into one superdistrict in the not so distant future, whenever fund become available.

With this new district taking shape, and Birestitutional Beach almost fully developed, city planners felt confident enough to start demolishing some city blocks of Slothilicious in favor of commercial development.

For the future, demolishment in Slothilicious will continue to make room for the booming Crimigrational Commerce district, at the same time Birestitutional and a newly planned residential district will be developed to provide new homes for the evicted sims.
            In the very near future however Bubble Junction is looking at the possibility to build a Waste to Energy plant to deal with the ever increasing garbage output of the city
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• ...for some reason, Y City refuses to display. It unzips perfectly fine, and I'm using the same set of plugins from the Network Addon mod (plus a couple of other plugins, none of which involve transit mods or anything that would conflict with the NAM), but when I load up the region, it gets DELETED from the Taipei directory. The other cities load fine, though. Not that it really matters, since I'm not playing in this group, but odd nonetheless.
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                ...for some reason, Y City refuses to display. It unzips perfectly fine, and I'm using the same set of plugins from the Network Addon mod (plus a couple of other plugins, none of which involve transit mods or anything that would conflict with the NAM), but when I load up the region, it gets DELETED from the Taipei directory. The other cities load fine, though. Not that it really matters, since I'm not playing in this group, but odd nonetheless.
                Did you import it into Atragons region from the "Downloads" folder, or just put the file in the Taipei folder?
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

Did you import it into Atragons region from the "Downloads" folder, or just put the file in the Taipei folder?
                  I just put it in the Taipei folder, though now that you mention it, there's a copy of it sitting in the Downloads folder now. All the others worked fine just plopping them in the Taipei folder.

...how would this importation-from-Downloads-folder method work? I must have skipped over that bit in the manual.
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Click on Atragons region and the window pops up, click the lower-left (i think- theres a tooltip anyway) icon, and import his city from the downloads folder to his region.

Ive had a couple of problems just putting the city in the Taipei folder, mainly related to connections, so ive imported them all from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley

Hey Ludd- Can you see these pictures? They are hosted on the same server as the files.
                      Nope.

If someone could upload smiley's '10 and '15 saves for me again... it would be appretiated.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• links removed

Perhaps Smiley can upload his cities with apolyton upload in future?
                        Last edited by Maquiladora; June 17, 2005, 12:18.

Comment

• Got them, thanks again.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• El Dorado does not seem to have energy to spare. Atleast, I am not able to strike a deal to buy it.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Ive got plenty to spare, thats why I made the connection.

About 4k to spare and another 2k as a safety net.
                              Last edited by Maquiladora; June 17, 2005, 13:20.

Comment

• The last five years was a period of upward as well as outward growth for Epwood. As the manufacturing zones were completed, San henri, the commercial district, underwent dramatic expansion. Commercial jobs skyrocketed from 5,000 to over 17,000 in five years. The Y Freeway was also completed, and now connects to El Dorado to the North.

The other major development occurred in the Old Industrial Zone, where the long awaited dezoning and residentializing began.

Current City Statistics:

Population: 41,437
                                Com. Jobs: 17,461
                                Ind. Jobs: 20,471

Save: http://home.comcast.net/~epwood1/City_-_Epwood.zip
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X