FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/8.

Waiting for Joncha, Moron, and Lord Nuclear.

If you can, try to get your orders in the next 12 hours.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• No update tonight i'm guessing ?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Great That Lord Nuclear is keeping two games of GO waiting for updates.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Well... only LN and Joncha haven't sent, and there's no serious consequence to processing without them, so processing is beginning now.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Chapter 17.1
            Descent of the Iron Nebula

Here is something to think about
            We must make the galaxy safe for Overlording
            As tensions grew higher between the capitalist and communist camps, the arms race surged ahead, with all production being either converted into war material or stockpiled for future use.

The MAL doctrine of Mutually Assured Lazorgeddon had come to prominence, with the investment in weapons concentrated in lazors. Only Mr. Y, who had the luxury of a massive production base, bothered to even build any of the other weapon types. Some analysts attribute this to needs to satsify pork barrel contractors.

Comment

• Sounds like a dull turn.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Chapter 17.2
                Duck and Cover

There was a turtle by the name of Bert
                And Bert the turtle was very alert
                When danger threatened him he never got hurt
                He knew just what to doooo...
                He'd duck! And cov-er....

While Senator Danq promised a restoration of the ancient Republic after the overthrow of Min Grah's police state, most galactic leaders laughed. The quaint times of emperors and senators had gone the way of the projectile weapon and the chemical rocket- these were the days of chairmen and commisars, and Danq's holdings of a single planet and tiny fleet were laughable at best.

Nontheless, in the current time, such small nations were at risk of falling into enemy hands as a satellite that would carry out dirty espionage missions. With that in mind, Ken Banobi decided to liberate the fledging republic.

Banobi was confident, as the entire fleet was sent to face what could not be more than 15 frigates. That part was indeed true. However, the legend of JEBUS had travelled far, and Danq was prepared. Shields were up, and two torpedo titans were atomized, while a third took severe damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                  Well... only LN and Joncha haven't sent, and there's no serious consequence to processing without them, so processing is beginning now.
                  Oh my. I sent my orders friday night, but there appears to be no record of it... looks like I got lucky.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Chapter 17.3
                      Spy and Spy vs. Admiral

Congratulations on your purchase of a Galactic Battle Fleet. Please be aware that Galactic Battle Fleets are very dangerous and should not be used without international supervision.

With the loss of all bases, Polly Siffan had gone from loose cannon to loose cannon with a burning fuse.

With invasion set at 100% certainty, two other Overlords decided independently that fleet movement had to be stopped.

The first spy was dispatched by General Ordin, who had been attacked before and expected a followup on either himself or one of his new allies. Despite their being no bases to land on, the spy managed to infiltrate Siffan's fleet and made his way to the senior officers' lounge.

There, he was in for quite a surprise- among the faces in the crowd was a familiar one, another agent among the shadowy galactic network. This spy worked for Agath Agathari. The two exchanged some code and met later to discuss the operation.

As it turned out, Siffan's fleet was preparing for invasion of Agathari's territory. Bogus coordinates were hacked into the ship's computer, and the armada found itself arriving in yet another empty corner of space. Thirty tons of shipping were scrapped for parts.

Comment

• Hmm. That was a waste.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• The PM system seems to have dropped a lot of messages recently, so check after you send and post a "sent".

Chapter 17.4
                          Stockpile

An arms race has no winners.
                          With both planned invasions thwarted by shield or spy, the galaxy was a relatively peaceful place. Just the same, though, no investment in bases were being made, with all resources either stockpiled or turned into shipping. Tonnage climbed past the 2000 mark, nearing the all time high reached in the 11th year.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Right now, it seems those with big fleets have balanced fleets, while small ones are single weapon fleets. Cause or effect?

-------------

Orders due Tuesday at 5 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                              Sounds like a dull turn.
                              You sneaky little...
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• It still would have been a dull turn if my attack had gone through.

Comment

Working...
                                X