FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncha
    Well... if he hadn't refused to join in the allied attack against Jonny, I wouldn't have had to resort this.
    Eh, i didn't think this was the right turn to do it, and i'm not willing to just help you win, joncha. I don't play that way. Besides, you and LN and jaguar would have been enough by yourselves...

But i'm not too worried about it. I'll get my due.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
      It takes some skill to strike fear to the point that one simply D's instead of LD's.

-------------------------------------
      Orders are due Sunday at 5 PM.
      Or just a large fleet.

Why not 24 hour update this time? Sunday is too long away, we can update again on friday...

Comment

• It ruins the game. Then underdogs would stand no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Or just a large fleet.

Why not 24 hour update this time? Sunday is too long away, we can update again on friday...

Eager to have your revenge? Remember, revenge is best served cold.

Comment

• I just think we should have an update on friday. There's no real reason not to - this update took him about 5 minutes. And there's few enough of us, we have plenty of time to negotiate etc.

Comment

• Why not Friday? I got a party to go to right after work Friday night. I will update on Saturday however if everyone gets their orders in, but there's no pressure to do it.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                It ruins the game. Then underdogs would stand no chance.
                Verily I agree. Use the DDD at your own discretion. And Jamski will probably come up with a very plausible explanation why in the depths of space it is possible to only know that someone is coming, but not exactly what is coming. Poor sensors, long distances, jamming devices, etc.

The fact that I usually end up as an underdog has nothing to do with this.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Why not Friday? I got a party to go to right after work Friday night. I will update on Saturday however if everyone gets their orders in, but there's no pressure to do it.
                  Ohh, ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Verily I agree. Use the DDD at your own discretion. And Jamski will probably come up with a very plausible explanation why in the depths of space it is possible to only know that someone is coming, but not exactly what is coming. Poor sensors, long distances, jamming devices, etc.

The fact that I usually end up as an underdog has nothing to do with this.
                    Huh? The absolute underdogs - you and Ljube - HAVE no chance at this point, but it's the middle people - myself, lord nuclear, maybe MORON, etc. - who are screwed over by the lack of this option. The top people - jonny, joncha - have no reason to use it; only people in the middle, who are large enough to still be a target, but too small to have any chance at surviving.

Why would anyone just D unless they WERE an underdog, anyway?

Admittedly LD might have been smarter. I was concerned that Joncha might have built all lasers, and then sent a huge laser fleet at me, doing a lot of damage and still forcing me to disengage. But still, I think this option only increases the strategic options and takes away the absurd frigate ping. It is absurd by game play standards, and it means someone like Spaced (imagine him if he were still in the game) is impossible to beat - he can just frigateping away, as he would have 500bps of lasers by this point. Could you imagine 500bps of lasers? You'd HAVE to D straight up - if 500bps of lasers came and visited me, i'd lose my whole fleet just LD ...

Comment

• Not so- all you'd have to do is line up lasers and Back Off. You'd lose your entire fleet only if Spaced had a differential of firepower equal to 3 times the tonnage of your entire fleet- in this case, 1100 lasers.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Not so- all you'd have to do is line up lasers and Back Off. You'd lose your entire fleet only if Spaced had a differential of firepower equal to 3 times the tonnage of your entire fleet- in this case, 1100 lasers.
                        3 times my fleet? He'd need (laser amonut) + (fleet amount) i'd think. L vs L, if I have 200 lasers and 300 fleet total, and he sends 500 lasers, close in, versus my 200 lasers back off ...

(500-200)=300 meaning I'm dead

But it's not 100% death that i'm worried about anyway, even losing 100-150hps is bad enough at this point, in addition to my bases.

Comment

• I think we should just get rid of M, D and opponent-based OoBs.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I think we should introduce I (intercept)
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Geo, that is a great idea. An I to thwart the D, that is, An I in the same place in the OoB as a D, negates the withdraw. Every option has to have a counter.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• And what does I do if there is no D opposite it?

Comment

Working...
                                X