Neverwinter Nights - The revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qilue
    Out of all the AC modifiers (natural, armour, dodge, defelection), only dodge AC modifiers will stack.
    That was my thought too. It makes the kukri kind of useless since you will already have a deflection ring or cloak, and it's not like there are lots of rings in game you are dying to use as a warrior. Perhaps make it a dodge AC bonus?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
      Hide in Plain Sight sucks if it doesn't work, which it doesn't about half to the time. I've been killed many times by relying on HiPS only to have the enemy see me and attack while standing prone. This with lag means certain death for my character. Is it supposed to work like this? My character has hide and move silently ranks in the 40s, yet even easy monsters can spot her after she hides sometimes.
      It sounds like invis potions; you can take one and get hit shortly after, which can be annoying.

Comment

• Shadow dancers need 10 hide, 8 move silently, 5 tumble, and the feats of Dodge and Mobility (IIRC)
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• That was my thought too. It makes the kukri kind of useless since you will already have a deflection ring or cloak, and it's not like there are lots of rings in game you are dying to use as a warrior. Perhaps make it a dodge AC bonus?

Not possible to put dodge AC on a weapon, only on boots for some reason. Think that its freeing up ring and cloak spots for something better than AC

Invis and stealth are both defeated if the monster makes a spot check. Like all checks you can always roll a 20 and make it... oh, and standing RIGHT next to someone gives a tasty bonus on the check.

Oh... and you'd be surprised how many monsters have true seeing

Kukris... they're just as tasty as the other magic weapons available Spikie. No +10 weapons with Haste In fact... are there any Haste weapons to buy in Folderol? Hmm...

Oh... hehehehehe... you "ant farmers" are going to be in for a treat soon

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Implementation of the 3.5 experience system?
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Erm... yeah, mostly. But modified, so if a level 40 partied with a level 1 kills an level 40 monster, the level 1 player doesn't get the huge XP for killing a monster 39 levels above them. It will probably cap out at 6 levels difference beyond which there will be no gain.

The aim is to reduce the benefit of "muling" to acceptable levels, to encourage low-mid level characters to get out from under the shirt tails of epic characters, because they'll get more XP without the epics about, and the epics won't gain much from having the lowbies about.

It means giving every monster a custom OnDeath script, so this is why its taking AGES.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                That was my thought too. It makes the kukri kind of useless since you will already have a deflection ring or cloak, and it's not like there are lots of rings in game you are dying to use as a warrior. Perhaps make it a dodge AC bonus?

Not possible to put dodge AC on a weapon, only on boots for some reason. Think that its freeing up ring and cloak spots for something better than AC
                Kukris... they're just as tasty as the other magic weapons available Spikie. No +10 weapons with Haste In fact... are there any Haste weapons to buy in Folderol? Hmm...

Oh... hehehehehe... you "ant farmers" are going to be in for a treat soon

-Jam
                Ok so no dodge. I might be more amenable to using the kukri for deflection AC, but there is no benefit to freeing up ring slots (cloak you can get improved evasion, which is nice) as there are few good rings in the game, especially for fighters. Might be worth thinking further about that.

And the +10 with haste thing was a little joke. I wasn't expecting that, but can you really claim that those weapons are even in the ballpark of the ueber greatswords/longswords/dwarven waraxes/tonnes of other examples.

They just aren't IMO.

Comment

Erm... yeah, mostly. But modified, so if a level 40 partied with a level 1 kills an level 40 monster, the level 1 player doesn't get the huge XP for killing a monster 39 levels above them. It will probably cap out at 6 levels difference beyond which there will be no gain.

The aim is to reduce the benefit of "muling" to acceptable levels, to encourage low-mid level characters to get out from under the shirt tails of epic characters, because they'll get more XP without the epics about, and the epics won't gain much from having the lowbies about.

It means giving every monster a custom OnDeath script, so this is why its taking AGES.

-Jam
                  So why is it that when you log on with a level 1 character, every epic character on the server, you suddenly become popular with all the epic characters currently playing?

Also Jamski, are you the admin of Folderol?
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

• Is Folderol going to be updated to CEP 1.50?

And is there a graphics package I am missing?

There is a lot of the fairy grotto that is simply white.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I presume that you have the latest patch.

Otherwise I'm not sure why the grotto was white. Did you go in the winter?

Is there any chance of a character log here like there is in the Kingdom of Whatsisname thread? I know that Spike has nicked a munchkin cookery master build but what is everyone else using? You could also post your stats with or without magic loot unless you're bothered by PvP assassins discovering that you've only got a will save of natural 20.

Comment

Erm... yeah, mostly. But modified, so if a level 40 partied with a level 1 kills an level 40 monster, the level 1 player doesn't get the huge XP for killing a monster 39 levels above them. It will probably cap out at 6 levels difference beyond which there will be no gain.

-Jam
                        This is an excellent change. Did you propose this before or after I said grouping was broken on Folderol?

Comment

• They haven't changed it yet, so you figure it out.....

ACK!

Comment

• That's neither here nor there. Jamski may have been working on this for a long time, or he may have started when I made posts on this issue a while back. There is a precedent - the sticky death script was added after I said it would improve the game.

Comment

• So why is it that when you log on with a level 1 character, every epic character on the server, you suddenly become popular with all the epic characters currently playing?

That is indeed why, and the reason to develop a new custom XP script. Coming soon! (Its very complicated)

Also Jamski, are you the admin of Folderol?

Nope, I build and script, two guys in CA admin and build some, and another guy does the server. Then there's a few DM drones.

Is Folderol going to be updated to CEP 1.50?

Eventually, yes. But not immediatly. CEP 1.50 user will be able to use CEP 1.01 modules still, so its not an urgent issue.

And is there a graphics package I am missing?
                              There is a lot of the fairy grotto that is simply white.

You're one of the few people unlucky enough to be running 32bit textures, right? The CEP only has complete textures for 64bit (i.e. nearly everyone) texture users. Or something like that.

That's neither here nor there. Jamski may have been working on this for a long time, or he may have started when I made posts on this issue a while back.

This has indeed been in development since July but there are some serious disagreements about how it should be implemented. I'll keep you up to date as it happens.

And the +10 with haste thing was a little joke. I wasn't expecting that, but can you really claim that those weapons are even in the ballpark of the ueber greatswords/longswords/dwarven waraxes/tonnes of other examples.

Give me an example of each

-Jam

Comment

You're one of the few people unlucky enough to be running 32bit textures, right? The CEP only has complete textures for 64bit (i.e. nearly everyone) texture users. Or something like that.

-Jam
                                That's what I figured, my crappy video card.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X