X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nettles rule! and they are easy too

Comment

• Originally posted by Qilue
      I logged on and had a bit of a look round and seems quite good. While I've played melee clerics, I've never played a caster type.

With that in mind -

Nymph.
      (How exactly do the sub race stat modifiers get applied?)(eg, would elf mods + nymph mods = -2 con, +2 cha?)

Str (10)10
      Dex (8)10
      Con (12)10
      Wis 16
      Int 12
      Cha 16

Starting skills
      Concentration
      Heal
      Spellcraft

Feat
      Combat casting or toughness.

Domains
      Sun and Earth (or Air depending on answer to Q2 below )

Further questions.
      1. Anyone have any opinions?
      2. What is the availability of items that cast stoneskin? (I'm kind of enamoured with this spell )
      3. Isn't Turn Outsider a special ability for good and evil domains?
      this would work for a pure caster. But you will be hurting until you can get a permanent summoned monster (one that lasts a long time). Err wait, I need to check if the animal summons are 24 hours or rounds/level. I forget the original game had them at 24 hours. But many persistant worlds and modules change the animal summons to what they should be in the AD&D rules. The only one that should be 24 hours in the animate dead I believe.

Either way you are going to need a meat shield. Although the easiest way to do this is travel in a party with a fighter or similar class . Just keep that in mind if you find yourself solo. And you will need healing spells to keep that meat shield alive. Or just use spontaneous casting- the coolest part of 3E rules for clerics.

The sub race should apply the same as choosing a half-orc. It will allow you to lower your charimsa more, but raise your strenght more. So you could get a 20 strenght, and 6 charisma.

I personally don't like that much charisma as a cleric, I don't think there's enough undead around. But if you get turn outsider, then the charisma might be a good thing to invest in.

I'm not sure about stoneskin. I don't think they have it set up so you need items to cast spells. I think you can cast whatever you have in your spellbook.

when you create a character you will see which domains have turn outsider. I cannot recall at this time.

Comment

• The subrace ability modifiers are not the same. From what I've read they are added after the character is made. They are basically additions to abilities like an Elven Belt gives +2 to dexterity.

They do not modify the base ability score.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• hmm, okay then. i stand corrected.

I've been meaning to try one of those. But ogres are so damned ugly. I can't see walking around as an ogre.

Comment

• I killed Tuberski yesterday in hand to hand combat with my mage.

Comment

• Summoning 101.

Normal I-XI is badger, boar, wolf, spider, bear, tiger, huge ele, greater ele, elder ele
              Animal domain I-XI is boar, wolf, spider, bear, tiger, huge ele, greater ele, elder ele, elder ele.

Under standard NWN magic, you can only get water, air or fire elementals with monster summon. Druids can get earth elementals through Elemental Swarm,

Most durable elemental is Earth with an elder version having 3 attacks each doing 2d20+11.

However, level 6-12, Animate dead (with stoneskin) will give a much more durable pet than the dire beasties. At lvl 6, it's a skeleton warrior and at 10+ it's a skeleton chieftain.

At level 11, planar binding (with character alignment Good) will summon a hound archon. These while not quite as durable as the skeletons, have some usefull spells they can cast on themselves as well as giving a good account of themselves in melee. One thing to note is that in addition to their weapon's +1d6 fire vs evil, you can add darkfire as well for even more fire damage.

At level 15, summon greater undead will bring forth a vampire with a doom knight for 16-17 but for later levels with this spell, the undead aren't quite as useful for protection until 20 when you get a greater mummy. By this time though, you can borrow balors from the abyss for a short time.

One thing to be careful of with undead summons is they can be seriously damaged by mass heal.
              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                I killed Tuberski yesterday in hand to hand combat with my mage.
                Yeah after I let you beat on me for 5 minutes without striking back.

ACK!

Comment

• It was more like 30 seconds. And if you'd been able to hit me back you'd have died much much faster.

Comment

It was more like 30 seconds. And if you'd been able to hit me back you'd have died much much faster.
                    Nope, I would have been immune to whatever petty magic you had cast on yourself.

ACK!

Comment

• Is there a listing of who everyone here is? I've been playing with my character Willhelm and I have to say I'm having a good amount of fun.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• I started up a new char, Aramis Ilphukiir, elven fighter/wiz/AA. After two days of adventuring, he's already level 11. My other characters of note:

--Reidmar the Mediocre (28th-level fighter/WM)
                        --Grog Stormfist (ogre, 8th-level sorc/palemaster/RDD)
                        --Iskander (half-elf, 10th-level ranger)
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Mine are Nord Spikian (32 Fighter/cot/wm) and Pauric Spikian (24 Sorc).

Tubby has a couple of characters, but they are pretty weak.

Comment

• Yeah, I did notice a charater named Tuberski.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• All Tuberski's are me.

There are 4 of them, I have about 8 altogether.

I did see a Wilhelm on there didn't know it was Apoc.

ACK!

Comment

Mine are Nord Spikian (32 Fighter/cot/wm) and Pauric Spikian (24 Sorc).

Tubby has a couple of characters, but they are pretty weak.
                                My bard/RDD/WM combo can wipe the floor with you.....

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X