No announcement yet.

The Chiron Chronicle: Discussions (4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely we can't end up with Morgan being governor again - he didn't even stand for election this time round!
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Well, no, but he already is Planetary Governor, so if the Council fails to elect a new one...

Guardian, if there is rules in the charter about voting... what are they? Can the Cult and possibly the Peacekeepers change their vote? especially before the voting is officially over.
      Well, the Charter doesn't really say anything about that. It basically just states that each member has one vote, you need so and so many votes to make this or that kind of decision and if you're a party to a dispute you have to abstain from voting. Hence, when I said DarkCloud was right, I just meant that the Charter does mention voting (which i suggested it did not).

However, it does say that "important decisions" in the General Assembly (such as electing members for the Security Council) require support by a "two-thirds majority of the members present and voting ". So, if you're not present, you don't count and if you abstain from voting, you don't count.

It seems to me requiring a two-third majority on elections for Planetary Governor would make it virtually impossible to ever elect another one, so perhaps that's not such a great idea.

The "if you abstain, you're out" rule, however, does seem fair enough. You had a chance to vote and you chose not to. -And without those votes the remaining members of the council can not make a decision even if it only requires a simple majority... So, as far as I can tell, either the whole thing is off or we start from scratch and do it all over again...
      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
        Sparta may be interested in some form of alliance with the Usurpers. Depending on the sitution of their landing.
        So would the Believers, except that then they would have to face their enemies closer by. Most troubling situation, but the Election is the situation at hand.

I say, Morgan to governor. IIRC Roze would not like that, but hey, he got the 2190 vote behind him.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Kass: I think that Sparta would want to ally with one of the alien factions, depending on where they land and who they interact with.

Guardian: empty your message box.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Guardian: empty your message box.
            Ughf...

Well, that's what happens when you don't delete or move them...

It's been taken care of.
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Hmmmm....

See what you think of this...

Don't know if this is relevant or not, but on the copy of the CC map which I have (warning: may be outdated), the Believers don't have any seabases in the Freshwater Sea.

Arguments for their control:
              No other faction has prospective access to the Sea. The Believers have the only ocean access and have the Sea completely surrounded with land bases.

Arguments against their control:
              The greatest part of the Sea is actually not under their control by the rules of SMAX. (In fact, under the rules of SMAC, none of it at all is under their control according to my map.)

I also want to quibble about the population allocations. I think it's a bit unfair to give the Spartans twice as many pop votes as the Gaians when (again, only according to my copy of the CC map) they have roughly the same number of bases as the Gaians. The Gaians may be running Green, which will ****** their growth, but they are also running Demo.
              Also, the Data Angels have fewer pop votes than the Spartans, despite having a lot of seabases. Again, according to my map, it seems that the Angels have more bases than the Spartans. Sure, the Spartan bases may be bigger, but
              a) they're in the Upland Wastes, not exactly the best place for nutrients
              b) can they really be so big as to outnumber the Data Angel numerical superiority?

Go on then, one more...
              Do the PKs really get a vote for control of the Great Dunes? It's more a hindrance than a help...

I know I'm going to get shouted down, so someone please go ahead and tell me that the map's obsolete and I'll've done this all for nothing...
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Re: Hmmmm....

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
                See what you think of this...

Don't know if this is relevant or not, but on the copy of the CC map which I have (warning: may be outdated), the Believers don't have any seabases in the Freshwater Sea.

Arguments for their control:
                No other faction has prospective access to the Sea. The Believers have the only ocean access and have the Sea completely surrounded with land bases.

Arguments against their control:
                The greatest part of the Sea is actually not under their control by the rules of SMAX. (In fact, under the rules of SMAC, none of it at all is under their control according to my map.)
                They have Ground Bases all around the Freshwater Sea and currently, their the only ones who have access to it. Perfect place to build up navy and then transfer it via Canals.

I also want to quibble about the population allocations. I think it's a bit unfair to give the Spartans twice as many pop votes as the Gaians when (again, only according to my copy of the CC map) they have roughly the same number of bases as the Gaians. The Gaians may be running Green, which will ****** their growth, but they are also running Demo.
                Also, the Data Angels have fewer pop votes than the Spartans, despite having a lot of seabases. Again, according to my map, it seems that the Angels have more bases than the Spartans. Sure, the Spartan bases may be bigger, but
                a) they're in the Upland Wastes, not exactly the best place for nutrients
                b) can they really be so big as to outnumber the Data Angel numerical superiority?
                Data Angels populace is spread thin among their Seabases i would think and the Data Angels are a faction that broke off from another... where the Spartans are not. Spartans peoplemore into breeding... well, they do need troops :P

EDIT: Oh and the Gaians do have fungus throughout their territory, but not as much as the Cult thought :P Where the Spartans erradicated their fungus.... so more breathing space for the Spartans and not all of the Spartan Bases are in the Upland Wastes... only the northern part.

Go on then, one more...
                Do the PKs really get a vote for control of the Great Dunes? It's more a hindrance than a help...

I know I'm going to get shouted down, so someone please go ahead and tell me that the map's obsolete and I'll've done this all for nothing...
                Great Dunes is a Hot desert, no? Perfect place to acquire Energy, especially with solar collectors. In the game, they can easily be irragated and place some mines...not the biggest minerals, but still can get some deep under a desert.

Thanks for your concerns, but the stats are been done and changing them, especially during a election, is not a good idea

Your just trying to give the Gaians more votes are you

-LMP

Comment

Factions will still need to research Proginator Psych, even if it is a requirement to other crossfire techs.... They never knew about these aliens until they meet them and so on... where they can base their Proginator Psych research on. The aliens would also have to research Social Psych or wait until the humans learn their form of communication. So even then, there will be a period of time before any form of diplomacy can be done. The Usurpers will go on take over the whole Isle of Deneira... meaning taking the Morganite, Data Angel, Free Drone and Spartan bases there.

Caretakers won't rush into battle, but will attack if humans are in the way or damaging planet :P will be the easiest to deal with thought.

Once the Usurpers and Caretakers discover they are each survived and where they are located... all out war and anyone between them will be indanger.

Do remember, they will be more advanced too :P

-LMP

Comment

We'll give them bugs a run for their money when they come looking for our bases, that's for sure. Still, a brilliant mass retreat across the ocean may be in order (ala Dunkirk) to save the majority of lives there.
                    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

• Originally posted by Argonaut
                      We'll give them bugs a run for their money when they come looking for our bases, that's for sure. Still, a brilliant mass retreat across the ocean may be in order (ala Dunkirk) to save the majority of lives there.
                      The Spartans will cooperate if the bugs attack Bunker 118 on the island.

You know, i am actually anxious for them to arrive. I assume we will advance the years a little from 2200?
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• I believe that, according to the game rules, they should rule jointly... or Morgan should arbitrate a tie-breaking vote.

About Progenitor Psyche- a little note: all factions already have the tech; however since they do not know the aliens, they will have to reresearch it, as per LMP's orders.

Guardian- It's nice to be right for once
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                          I believe that, according to the game rules, they should rule jointly... or Morgan should arbitrate a tie-breaking vote.
                          Sparta will agree to that. Who should propose it?

Comment

• Another issue that the University would like to discuss in regards to the charter- Just why are women and children given extra rights? Are they weaker- no! Are they more important, most certainly NO!

We suggest a revision.

I nearly feel out of my chair when I read this.

If we had a thread for the best quotes in CC, this would surely be there.

Comment

• Interesting. If I take on the Usurpers as I very much want to, I may very well be in the unusual position (as a godlike controlling personality) of having to go to war with myself. How very Freudian.

I suspect the technological gap between Progenitors and humans may not be as great as we think, considering that people were claiming Chaos Guns several months ago. Remember, the aliens each land with five Level 1 technologies. They wouldn't last ten minutes.
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sure you would love to see Morgan make the decision Sprayber Talk about a governership being continually questioned. It will be funny after all this, for us to have to cooperate on Denairia to get people out alive. Serious irony there.

As for the Alien tech, because they're landing so late, I'm assuming a lot more will "survive the crash" yes? Perhaps shard and res-bolts?
                                -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Working...
                                X