No announcement yet.

The Chiron Chronicle: Discussions (4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC in the US Senate, if the vote is tie the vice president's vote makes the call or something like that (?!)

Anyways, I think that a tie should be resolved by the Planetary Governor's vote which in this case would be...

Maybe we should have a vote about it
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

... Apologies, I think I'll be unable to post until Sunday

Sprayber, sorry about hte mistype...

Anyways, the Free Drone's vote may decide the issue
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
        ... Apologies, I think I'll be unable to post until Sunday

Sprayber, sorry about hte mistype...

Anyways, the Free Drone's vote may decide the issue
        No biggie. I just like giving people a hard time.

I got the same outcome that Argonaut did. That is taking into account the Gaians, Drones and Cyborgs all voting for Roze. Which means the two that abstained would have made the difference since neither would have voted for Santiago. The cults votes alone would make the difference.

As it stands
        Santiago- 34
        Roze-33

If you add +1 to the cyborgs for having the extra SP then it's 34-34. Unless you also give the Hive +1 for the planetneck then its 35-34.

Guardian: I wondered if you would catch that or not.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
          IIRC in the US Senate, if the vote is tie the vice president's vote makes the call or something like that (?!)

Anyways, I think that a tie should be resolved by the Planetary Governor's vote which in this case would be...

Maybe we should have a vote about it
          I agree 100% with my ally on this. This is truely the only fair way to handle it.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
            OK Guardian, I'll level with you. I'm not exactly sure what Morgan is going to do. I know I've made it seem like he's trying to pick a fight with Svensgaard and everyone else. I don't think I'm capable of fighting a real war, though.

And as long as I'm here, I thought I might share something I heard about hybrid aircraft. I heard that the US Marines are now using a plane called the Osprey which has large propellors on its wings which can shift into a vertical position so it can fly like a helicopter. They think that the future of combat aircraft is in rotary propulsion.

How is this related to the Chronicle? It's not, not directly anyway. But when we get back to the military end of the stick, the general idea might be worth thinking about. Since our version of Chiron seems to be so huge, you might have to hybridize aircraft, particularly helicopters, just to cover the enormous distances.

Its been awhile since they had those, just that they started using them more often.Combat aircraft rotary?? sure, when we run out of petrolum for Jet engines. anyway, will only be a support role and the Osprey is a transport plane to drop off supplies, troops, etc...

In SMAC, helicopters are powered by Fission Reactors... don't need gas to power a rotary engine. So with Fission Reactor, Helicopters already have a good range :P

The Nautilus Pirates only use two types of helicopters...

The Armoured Personel Chopper which is use to transport personel and one can easily land on the main deck of a Pirate Cruiser/Destroyer. They are also used for support and transporting marines... not much in weaponry, but it armoured.

The Patrol Chopper... use to Patrol an area around a base/outpost... use as support and defence of bases, ships, etc.... used for search-and-rescue... capable to carry anti-ship missiles and carry a small squad of marines.

Anyway, can have a Osprey like Chopper, just don't go overboard :P it is future tech, not modern.

-LMP

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
              I agree 100% with my ally on this. This is truely the only fair way to handle it.
              We have agreement! Shall we proceed?

Actually, in the game this could produce an unwanted situation where people refuse to admit the power of the council

Question for those who have played CC before; has the election ever been as complex and thight and disputed as this time?

And we really really need to get in touch with Bearcat! Where are you... I think that Santiago has a most good proposal for you.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

The Cult of Planet actually has 4 votes because they have the second Human Genome Project which i remember Cyber mentioning and remember the player before that who controlled the Cult wanted the Cult to have.

The Cyborgs can have their Citizen's Defence Force, bringing their total votes by one

As for the planetneck... neither the Hive or the Pks control it because the border is there. Also, the long water neck almost seperating the eastern continent could also be known as the Planetneck. anyway, doesn't give any bonuses, so it doesn't count as a vote

Spartans does control a Landmark as Sparta Command is located in the middle of that flat mountain (temporally forgot the name).

The Pirates controls the Geothermal Bubbles in Unity Sea and partly controls the Fossile Field Ridge along with the Peacekeepers...being mined by both factions with Mining Platforms and Supply Foils/Cruisers.

All factions have a landmark i think.

-LMP

Comment

The Planetary Governor cannot veto or choose who wins as that would be giving the PG WAY to much power.... I think a lot of people have WAY to much power :P bad enough the PG can veto votes on somethings like GLobal Trade agreement, solar shades (dry up the oceans, less space for the pirates :P)

Darn Canadian government have the power to give themselves a payraise without any input from the people of the country.... thats to much power to those fat arses politicians.... and the ethics of democracy be damn to them.

-LMP

Comment

The rule which makes the most sense to me is that if no agreement can be reached on who will be the next planetary governor, then the new one continues on in his place.

Comment

I think that with two abstaining votes, it should come down to between those two. Leave it in the hands of the UN and Cult I say.

What! If the other side can propose a biased resolution, so can I!

Wasn't one of the suggestions in Florida to make them vote again, regarding misleading ballots or lost ballots or something? What about a re-vote? Not that I'm suggesting that for any particular reason or anything....

Oh and Guardian....sure, now you tell us! You were so busy being high and mighty that you forgot to mention it!
                      -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

When I get home from eating with my friends and girlfriend I will propose a alternative. Of course I will have an offer for Domai, Aki and Dee if they listen. But I guess I should wait until it officially becomes a tie to announce Sparta's proposal. It won't be a revote, it won't be to let the cult and UN decide. It will shock some, make some foam at the mouth and surprise all. But it will be a fair offer and one that will make the former Chiron Alliance look bad if they try and force the issue.

Question: Has it been resolved yet who will vote for those factions? Cause that makes a lot of difference regarding the offers that I want to make. At least two of the three offers will be generous by Spartan standards and one will be only a token. But I need to know who will be playing them. Santiago wants to do business cause she has grown attached to the idea of being PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonaut

Oh and Guardian....sure, now you tell us! You were so busy being high and mighty that you forgot to mention it!
                          Well, if you'd paid a little more attention and understood us a little better, you would have known it all along...

Lal never said no to the idea of voting for Roze if he himself did not stand a chance.
                          He just wasn't willing to give up without even trying, that's all.

With the way things turned out (pretty much exactly as Roze predicted), the Peacekeepers would have been backing Roze to the hilt if we hadn't had that nasty falling out over it.

As matters stand right now, we're not even sure if Roze is better than Santiago at all.
                          "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Okay, i got the internet at home now, High Speed this time i was able to check ICQ where i received a message from Bearcat... he is not playing anymore and hasn't given any reason.
                            So for now, I will temporally sort of control the Free Drones base on obviousness... For getting the Free drones to vote the Santiego, the proposal as to be VERY big and good.

As for the Gaians and Cyborgs, SMAC Fanatic play one and temporally control the other until another player or Alyzia comes back.

there is this other thing about Units which i would to confirm before redoing the Pirates units in Admin...

everyone okay with...

10-12 Rovers Squadron/Platoon units, (30 to 60 people)
                            100-500 Infantry Battalion Units,
                            10-12 Choppers Squadron/Platoon Units, (10 to 24 people)
                            10-12 Needlejet Squadrons, (10 to 24 people)
                            Single naval ship units? (Foil: 10 to 50 people Cruiser: 50 to 300 people)

So in centauri dawn, the total units the Spartans would have to attack UN HQ... 2 Synthsteel Infantry Units, 1 Elite Plasmasteel Infantry, 1-2 Scout/Laser Rover Units

As for the Zone of Control.... it is a bit unrealistic, especially for 2000 square kilometres squares. Besides, the Zone of Control thing was ignored before in Chiron Chronicles. And no Single Unit can properly control an entire Square.

Comment

I can handle that...

I have the week off, so I can use that to get up to speed on everything since I left.
                              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I think, that we should allow Santiago to make her proposal, because frankly I'm curious - Sprayber used such words to describe it that I'm very interested in knowing what will come out

And if we can not reach a common agreement, I think that the CEO should retain his position. I think that in the game it is resolved like that. Fair enough...

Comment

Working...
                                X