No announcement yet.

How many of you are free marketeers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• *laughs at BinT for getting caught asking dumb questions in public
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazerus
        Question erased before i get mocked by the mods and their in house joke
        I wish I had been quick enough to see the question
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin

Hey, you've got only 50% more!

And with my rate Im gonna catch up soon!
          Not that soon!! You only post an average of 3 times more a day than me and I have a 1500 post lead !!
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
            I wish I had been quick enough to see the question
            I was quick enough
            He was asking what the A: 43 | D: 99 | M: 21 | HP: 13 values mean and how they're derived.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos Theory

I was quick enough
              He was asking what the A: 43 | D: 99 | M: 21 | HP: 13 values mean and how they're derived.
              Ahh so I assume the contest continues??

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Tommar no problem. My response was not so much to you as I know you are one who works for the good side of the force.

Moreover I was hoping to inspire Cal to read and apply techniques cited in link format. Much of what he describes speaks to a hybrid game and does not unlock the true power of a true early game use of FM. His discussion about air units and inability to use FM in of themselves indicate a mid game approach as D:AP is a mid game tech. So there are some semantical differences.

The intention of the linked material was to try to accelerate the early game as everyone should know early game is the most important single aspect of the game.
                There was a link in your post?

Comment

• Ahh so I assume the contest continues??
                  Yes and I already stepped into that.
                  Let's just hope they don't notice this, otherwise this will be one hell busy place in no time..
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Not that soon!! You only post an average of 3 times more a day than me and I have a 1500 post lead !!
                    Actually my post count per day increases (just take look at it 3 days in a row) because I was not so active at the beginning of subscription.

OTTM

Comment

Heh, reffering to me?!

Well, I didn't say "I know", the content of my first post clearly showed what I intended to say.

And I think you have a problem with your attitude to links, for example if you disregard this one or this and have never read them, it's only worse for you.

People here are tired of repeating the same a thousand times, so they give links to where they said that.
                      I think there might be a problem with linking on the message board. I didn't see any in your previous posts.

I think linking is good! Much better than repeating, if possible.

Comment

• I think there might be a problem with linking on the message board. I didn't see any in your previous posts.
                        You know if you start to get insulting people will insult you in return.

You said in one of your posts:
                        Posting "I KNOW!" without explanation, or providing links is a waste of space
                        And I probably didn't notice the "," before "or"..

It is called, off-topic or spam, yes, but the forums would be plain boring if there were no off-topic posts..

Comment

You know if you start to get insulting people will insult you in return.
                          That's cool with me. I can take the heat if I was right. Or apologize if I was wrong. Better yet would be to ignore people who are a waste of time, working on their post count, etc. but I'm still working on that one. After all, it might take some discussion to be sure of that.
                          Last edited by Tommar; July 14, 2005, 07:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

And that ultimately is the point. However after a period of time the challenge of fine tuning ones game becomes a game of itself, hence the inevitable learning of how to min- max ( or at least thats how it worked for me).

IN any event, I agree wholeheartedly the main point is to have fun!
                            I agree. There comes a time when fine-tuning becomes the major fun.

But I thought Cal asked honest questions, and deserved honest answers.

Links are good, but if they were provided, I didn't see them either.

Comment

• yet would be to ignore people who are a waste of time, working on their post count, etc. but I'm still working on that one.

IS this OT:
                              And actually I've been in such a stage since I read all the info available at Vel's guide and SMAC Academy and tried it all out.

Advice is to do the same and not waste too much words in proving something that the expierence could later prove you as incorrect.

Links are good, but if they were provided, I didn't see them either.
                              So you probably missed one of my "spam" posts..
                              I even cared to provide you with a file, which you obviously didn't download.

Generally with your brush attitude to some offtopic posts and other persons themselves Poly might not be the right place for you - people here are not answering machines, they tend to break in for a joke or two or remember things related (sometimes the link seems very unclear though) to the topic.

I had provided you the only 2 links you really need and one of the best advices a SMACXer could give to another SMACXer (I know that because was adviced the same in my young days of SMACX).

What else do you want?
                              To continue a discussion which lacks some very important points or even states things not fully correct?
                              From reading the first posts here I understood that at least one of the arguers (not necessarily you) hadn't read the links I provided later so I gave advice.
                              Those links are very common, you can find them on most SMACX fansites, but noone obviously did, so I took my time, actually searched for a thread where those links were given and pasted them here.

Yet you even fail to notice them.

What else do you want?
                              To copy all of the content of links here and you'll be satisfied?

And next time you don't like anyone's advice you can ignore it, not insult the person.

Comment

• Guys lets chill a bit-- no need for anyone to get worked up here-- lets all stick to content

Comment

Working...
                                X