No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was starting to get painful to watch. And every time he was back there, the broadcast crew would display his TD total... hoping that the next play would be the record breaker.

He had his chances.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Says don't bring in an aging, injury prone QB... suggests Matt Schaub
      Schaub is younger, cheaper and healthier than Vick. He's also thrown for more yards and TDs. Houston would be retards to cut him. Case isn't the answer.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        It was starting to get painful to watch. And every time he was back there, the broadcast crew would display his TD total... hoping that the next play would be the record breaker.

He had his chances.
        It's all Craig Steltz's fault. Stupid, totally unnecessary blocking penalty cost him the record on a punt return vs. the Rams last November.
        (Actually, Hester has had at least three TDs called back on penalties... This was just the most recent.) Sorry, couldn't find video.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Schaub is younger, cheaper and healthier than Vick. He's also thrown for more yards and TDs. Houston would be retards to cut him. Case isn't the answer.
          This is classic Ben. You say things that are technically accurate but fail to counter the basic point.

Schaub is younger? Yes. By 355 days to be exact. That doesn't change the fact that when the season starts, he'll be a 33 year old QB and Vick will be 34. That single year age difference won't mean ****.

Healthier? Let's not act like Schaub didn't play only 11 games in both 2007 and 2008, only 10 games in 2011, and was injured in 2013, with only 8 starts. Healthier than Vick, sure, but let's not act like Schaub is an ironman. He's only played a full season 3 times in his 7 years in Houston, which is Jay Cutler-esque.

Cheaper? Not really. Plus he's under contract for pretty big bucks until 2017:
          Matt Schaub contract info

Way back in February 2013, then starter Vick signed a 1 year/$7.5M contract, which is peanuts compared to what even Schaub is contracted to make in 2014 ($14.125M).
          Mike Vick contract info

So wrong there.

Thrown for more TD's? 130 vs 128. Again, technically correct that Schaub has thrown for more, but what difference does 2 ****ing TD's mean over their combined 20 years in the NFL? (Plus, it's not really true. Vick has 133 passing TDs including the playoffs while Schaub has 132. Vick also has 32 more rushing TDs)

The fact is:

Schaub is done as a starter in Houston and he's likely done as a starter in the NFL. He might show up for a few starts when someone gets injured or a team is desperate down the line but he's done. Remember how Kyle Orton got a start for the Cowboys this year and the media was like 'Oh yeah. Remember him?'. That will be Matt Schaub in 2015.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Peter King on Vick

6. Michael Vick should be in more demand than he is. I keep saying this, and few believe me: Vick’s a very good locker room guy now, a leader, and he’d be a good team guy whether or not he wins the starting job. I think if Vick had been more accurate in his past two years in Philly (.581, .546), offensive coordinator Norv Turner could have been sold on him with the Vikings; I know Vick was very interested in Minnesota. The team that makes the most sense is the Jets, because they have no idea if Geno Smith is their quarterback of the future. Oakland makes sense because the Raiders have no idea what they have either. I’ll give you a dark horse here: San Francisco. Let’s say Vick gets only lukewarm interest to start, or to compete for a starting job. If so, and if the Niners want more than a third-string insurance policy for Colin Kaepernick, Vick might be willing to go to try to win a Super Bowl ring. He turns 34 in June.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Peter King is ****ing ridiculous.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Free agent shuffling has begun. One of the worst FA classes in recent memory...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This is classic Ben. You say things that are technically accurate but fail to counter the basic point.
                  Seems the facts that:

1, Schaub is healthier
                  2, Schaub is younger
                  3, Schaub has thrown for more yards
                  4, Schaub has thrown for more touchdowns.

Are all evidence for why a team given the choice between the two of them should pick up Schaub, a proven and successful NFL starter.

Thrown for more TD's? 130 vs 128. Again, technically correct that Schaub has thrown for more, but what difference does 2 ****ing TD's mean over their combined 20 years in the NFL?
                  The fact that Schaub is younger and has thrown for more than Vick (I notice you ignored Yardage), is significant. He's the better QB. Even the contracts show that he's, by far, the better QB.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I will laugh if Vick goes to the Vikings with Norv Turner.

Comment

Vick vs Schaub? Really??

So now you two are down to arguing about which QB is less over-the-hill?
                      Even though they play totally different offensive styles and are unlikely to be considered by the same team?
                      Even though Schaub hasn't even been released?

Kinda sad.

Comment

This was the interaction that started it:

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        bringing in an aging, injury prone QB sounds like the ticket... Minny would make the playoffs if they could get Schaub.
                        Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Says don't bring in an aging, injury prone QB... suggests Matt Schaub

What is the argument? Ben seems to think Schaub isn't an old, injury-prone QB.

Comment

Ben is also a moron who will pick the white QB over the black QB just about every single time. Who cares what stupid crap he thinks?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Shh. If people didn't argue over obviously stupid stuff the site would have no traffic.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo True
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

On the other hand arguing with Ben just makes threads longer with no benefit (most people just see a bunch of "This Poster is Ignored").
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X