X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So. how about that MJD signing, eh?

MJD+DMC in Oakland...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How do you spell BUST?

R-A-I-D-E-R-S.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Raiders suck because they're always rebuilding. When they have a good but not elite team being built, they gut the whole thing.

I remember them actually being reasonably good and looking like they turned the corner only a couple years ago. I checked the stats. Yes, the Jason Campbell-led Raiders (2010 and 2011) went 8-8 both years and were 11-7 in Campbell's starts until he got hurt and the team sold the house to acquire Carson Palmer for the 2011 playoff push that never materialized (they went 4-5 with Palmer the second half of the season after a 4-2 start with Campbell).

I remember thinking at the time that Tom Cable and then Hue Jackson had finally 'got it' on how to use a team like the Raiders. Despite Al Davis' obsession with speed and a vertical offense, the 2010 Raiders were a smash-mouth, defense and run the ball kind of team (#2 in rushing, #11 defense in yards allowed) led by a game manager QB in Campbell who minimized mistakes (only 12 interceptions in 18 starts with Oakland). Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, and Pro Bowler Zach Miller were the young building blocks to a budding passing offense.

Then the Campbell injury happened, the Carson Palmer trade which mortgaged the future of the team, and they suck again.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          I want to hear how well you anticipate the bears doing this year. All you bears fans.
          I agree with most of the comments made by the other Bears fans, but ask again after the draft. They still have more holes to fill (safety) on defense and more depth to add. BMI, division is possible, playoffs pretty good and then hopefully at least to NFC title game.

Comment

• Personally I think the Bears should be the favorite in the division this year. With normal injuries, not particularly concentrated in one area (hint hint), they should be 11-5 plus or minus a win. With that offense - which should only be better this year - there's no reason to believe they won't win a ton of games assuming the defense regresses to the mean (both in health and performance).
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• DABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSD ABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDA BEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDAB EARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABE ARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEA RSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEAR SDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARS DABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSD ABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDABEARSDA BEARSDABEARSDABEARS
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Adrian Peterson is the 21st century edition of Barry Sanders.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If you mean, "best RB in the league, who will rarely see the playoffs and never win a post-season game," I agree with you.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    If you mean, "best RB in the league, who will rarely see the playoffs and never win a post-season game," I agree with you.
                    Not true. He already has a playoff win. Doesn't he, Sloww?

The 34-3 divisional whooping of the Dallas Cowboys in the good Favre Viking year.

Remember? Romo threw a pick and fumbled 3 times while getting sacked 6 times. In retrospect, an above average playoff game for the Dallas QB.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Not true. He already has a playoff win. Doesn't he, Sloww?

The 34-3 divisional whooping of the Dallas Cowboys in the good Favre Viking year.

Remember? Romo threw a pick and fumbled 3 times while getting sacked 6 times. In retrospect, an above average playoff game for the Dallas QB.
                      And Barry Sanders has a playoff win as well. 38-6 over the Dallas Cowboys in 1992. Beuerlein and Aikman combined for 0 TDs and 2 INTs.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• In retrospect, an above average playoff game for the Dallas QB.
                        Staubach was a pretty good Dallas QB.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Staubach was a pretty good Dallas QB.
                          I said the Dallas QB, referring to Romo, not a Dallas QB.

Comment

• I said the Dallas QB, referring to Romo, not a Dallas QB.
                            I bet you think Folk is *the* Philly QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              And Barry Sanders has a playoff win as well. 38-6 over the Dallas Cowboys in 1992. Beuerlein and Aikman combined for 0 TDs and 2 INTs.
                              So the equivalency still works; I just understated their mutual futility.

[Edit: Maybe that should be "overstated."]
                              Last edited by -Jrabbit; March 31, 2014, 18:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                I bet you think Folk is *the* Philly QB.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X