No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to hear how well you anticipate the bears doing this year. All you bears fans.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Instant reaction:

If healthy, a playoff team.
      Not enough defense to win a championship.
      Hard to see them overcoming both SF and Seattle in the NFC.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just get us closer and we can rely on the "ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" possibility.

Always much better than "don't make the playoffs so you have 0 chance" strategy.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'd say it should be a close race between Bears and Packers for division title. No idea on WC chance at this point.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            I want to hear how well you anticipate the bears doing this year. All you bears fans.
            It's tough to say. But the roster seems to be improved... especially on defense.

Barring major injuries (major injury, we salute you!), I expect the Bears to compete for the division. They feel like a 10-6 team. I wouldn't call them "elite". They aren't on the level of SF and SEA. But they could conceivably win the division. And once a team is in the playoffs, anything can happen.

/optimism
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• WR Jackson cut from Eagles for being a gang member

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Curiouser and curiouser.

When the talk started a short while back that the Eagles might consider trading DeSean Jackson, I was mystified. He's the kind of guy that changes defensive game plans, with crazy speed and elusiveness. Why would they walk away from such a playmaker? Especially for a mid-round pick. I mean, WTF, right?

Then today, they released him outright. My reaction: There's something going on we don't know about. Is he sick? Is he a druggie?

Now, it appears, the explanation has surfaced:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports DeSean Jackson's off-field behavior, particularly his connection to a Los Angeles street gang, is the Eagles' chief concern and main reason they're entertaining trading or releasing him.

Jackson has a problem with missing team meetings, and the Eagles reportedly believe his friends are becoming a powerful, negative influence. The team is "concerned about having [Jackson] around the younger players." Jackson has become close with a man named Theron Shakir, a member of the Crips and one of two men charged in the murder of a 14-year-old rival gang member. The Eagles simply don't want to wake up to an Aaron Hernandez situation one morning.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger
                Mar 28 - 12:39 PM
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Also... any news involving the "Crips"...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• If you think the bloods and crips are inactive gangs, you've been hitting the mj too much.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I'm sure they are. But I can't recall talking about or hearing about them for like 20-25 years.

When is NWA's new album coming out?

Dr. Dre is a headphone mogul now.

Ice Cube does beer commercials for Pete Coors (Republican from Colorado).

Eazy E - RIP

"Fuck the police" to sellout in a couple of decades

The future is ****ed up.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        I'm sure they are. But I can't recall talking about or hearing about them for like 20-25 years.

When is NWA's new album coming out?

Dr. Dre is a headphone mogul now.

Ice Cube does beer commercials for Pete Coors (Republican from Colorado).

Eazy E - RIP

"Fuck the police" to sellout in a couple of decades

The future is ****ed up.
                        Ice Cube also plays the dad on crappy family comedies and plays the coach of a female Pop Warner football player

It's not being a 'sellout'. It's called growing up. Look at Ice T's career (he's 56 now). Dre is 49 and Cube is 44.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• no

it's called being a sellout
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You're an idiot.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Ice Cube also plays the dad on crappy family comedies and plays the coach of a female Pop Warner football player

It's not being a 'sellout'. It's called growing up. Look at Ice T's career (he's 56 now). Dre is 49 and Cube is 44.
                              I don't know, Ice T didnt really grow up so much as found new ways to make money being himself.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Pasty white dude who posts on Apolyton calling Ice-T a sellout?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X