NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Ware signs with Denver.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      And Ware signs with Denver.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

At least you both can agree that Tampa Bay signing Josh McCown for 2 yr/$10MM and naming him their "starter" is idiotic, right?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I hoped he would re-sign with the Bears; I wanted to see Sava's face explode.

Comment

I hoped he would also. I only sort of believed he might get starting offers.

I forgot Lovie Smith was out there... Rex Grossman is next, right?

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

I'm happy for McCown. $10MM is a pretty nice payoff for a handful of decent starts -- especially after having been out of football.

I don't think Lovie is as stupid as some are suggesting. This makes Tampa very salary cap-friendly for a couple years at a notoriously expensive position. Glennon was sort of forced into starting before he was ready last year and McCown is a great locker room guy who wants to coach. Seems like a good fit. However, I do think McCown will be exposed as an average QB when he doesn't have a bunch of 6-foot-5 receivers to throw to.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

McCown is a below replacement level QB who was in an amazing system facing awful competition. He will be brutal for Lovie facing ATL and NO and CAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                    I hoped he would re-sign with the Bears; I wanted to see Sava's face explode.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      McCown is a below replacement level QB who was in an amazing system facing awful competition. He will be brutal for Lovie facing ATL and NO and CAR.
                      TB is going to be a train wreck
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think -Jrabbit's point was that Tampa wasn't going to be competing for anything anyways, why not just sign a cheap ass QB to let the young guy mature more. Would it be that horrible if they only won 2 or 3 games rather than 4?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They are a dumpster fire and nobody cares. TB is a ****hole and should be bulldozed into the sea.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

While I agree with you about the trashiness of Tampa-St Pete in general, I predict the football team will be moderately successful under Lovie. By which I mean, mediocre.

Like Jacksonville, the Bucs have a lot of cap space, so both teams should reduce their talent deficits this year.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

i don't disagree

lovie can coach up a team on defense

but I don't think there are any HoF defensive players on TB's roster

he's going to need some help
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sproles traded to Philly for a 5th round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X