No announcement yet.

2013 NFL Playoff Pick Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for the record, I was not commish when you sent that PM.
    A technicality given as you had just resigned. I'm not happy you chose to post a PM sent to you in your official capacity with the league. Especially given as I went out of my way to be conciliatory, as you can see. We already have enough issues with people leaving picks. Say what you want, there were other, more constructive approaches here.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The man obviously has no character left to insult, so I guess we're done here.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        I won't apologize for statement of facts concerning my faith. I will apologize to FFZ league, which is the point of the thread. Make a list of the players, including Chris with their addresses and I'll make a full apology to each of them for my conduct. I'll even do it first, if you promise to apologize for the bribery comment so we have proof here of your promise.

If either you or rah or JR feel I have made comments attacking your personal character, then fine I can include that as well. I'd like rah's apologies for the character comments and the same from JR if I'm to apologize to both of them too.

Otherwise it will just be you and me, Ming.

Do we have a deal?
        You must have a reading problem... One last time so that even you might understand.

If you apologize to all the people you have offended here, Then, and ONLY then will I apologize to you.
        The reason I dislike you so much is because of how you treat others.
        You lie about what they say, you're bigoted towards people, you are intellectually dishonest, you make stuff up, you troll people, and you are a quitter.

So do we have a deal?
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think both apologies should be in video form, uploaded to youtube.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Ben please post the "character" comments you want me to apologize for and if I think they deserve an apology, I'll consider it.

But a warning, if you just post where I called you a douche, don't expect one because I stand by my judgment on those.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If you apologize to all the people you have offended here
              I'll apologize to FFZ league (as this is the point of the deal) for my conduct during the draft. This includes you and Chris. I'll throw in an apology to you for any personal comments.

You'll apologize to me for your bribery comment, and for the personal comments regarding pedophilia.

This is fair.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben please post the "character" comments you want me to apologize for and if I think they deserve an apology, I'll consider it.
                Any comment with pedophile in it and referring to, 'what I must be in RL'. Those are the only ones I care about. I have said a few personal comments about you that I'm not proud of and I think that's fair. Plus any you can recall that you feel are unwarranted, and I'll write you up. Regardless as to what Ming chooses.

But a warning, if you just post where I called you a douche, don't expect one because I stand by my judgment on those.
                Nah. Douche is ok. It's mostly the pedophile comments I take offense to.

Comment

• JR's apology will be the personal attacks on his character, on his commish powers with the league and for all of the incidents we had with Poly league. I'd like JR to apologize for posting the PM and for his personal attacks too.

I don't mind going first for all three of you and FFZ, but I'd like promises here.

Comment

Yeah, gee. Apparently I'm the only one who drew that connection.
                    So far... yes.

I had to reread the post to make sure I understood it correctly. You said nothing about the prosecutor until after.
                    More intellectual dishonesty... or you are simply a moron.
                    You must have missed the whole long quote about the story in the real newspaper.
                    Again, where did I EVER SAY I APPROVED of the relationship because the kid said it was consensual. OH, that's right, I never did.

Well then. So you think it's ok to base your accusations on this? Wow. That's a pretty low bar.
                    It's a far higher bar than the stuff you simply make up.

I stated that I believed the priests when convicted should be locked up in their order not in jail with the general population. Not the least of which is because when convicted they will face a stiffer penalty within the order than they would in jail. The average is something like 3 years and they would be out for those successfully convicted of pedophilia if they were put in jail. Does that seem sufficient to you? After they get out they would not be subject to further scrutiny. Inside their order they would be there for life.
                    You also stated the gods law was above local laws, and the church didn't need to report these to the local authorities.
                    So you are saying that's it's ok for the church to cover it up by not reporting it.

There has been some bishops who have abused ecclesiastical privilege, folks like Rembert Weakland. For someone who's so concerned about the issue, I've never seen you name the actual bishops involved in the coverup. This is a concern. All of them are now gone. The problem isn't so much the incidence rates, but the collaboration of folks like Weakland to protect the pedophile priests from both ecclesiastical and secular scrutiny. That is why the crisis was as bad as it was, and worse in certain dioceses than others.
                    Gee... since only a few were doing it, it wasn't really all that bad.
                    I guess you should tell that to all the victims.

Where have I supported Weakland?
                    You have supported the church not reporting the crimes to the local authorities.

Ok. None of which should have any bearing on fantasy football. I dislike that you're Catholic but don't practice, that you've advocated dissent against the Catholic church teachings. I really dislike your method of conflict resolution and your general attitude towards me over the years. It gets tiresome to see most posts from you to me flaming me for something or other. Especially when I remember things were different. I would like to resolve this, finally.
                    Then stop being a jerk to everybody... and maybe we can make some progress.

What is there to hide? The Good book says it and teaches it. I believe that Christians should follow the teachings of Christ and that he taught that marriage was between one man and one woman. These are all statement of facts. It's got nada to do with my opinion on these issues. Not for the last 14 years.
                    Sure... all just statement of facts. If you simply believed it, no problem. But you bring your religious brand of bigotry to this site and piss on gays whenever you get the chance. Doesn't the Good Book also teach to let God be the judge. Who appointed you?

Logically one would surmise if someone has not completed a successful baseball draft and has been 10 for 10 in football, that the sport involved is the most reliable indicator of their participation.
                    9% in fantasy leagues... a pretty bad track record.

If one of my brakes failed because one of them was defective, would I toss out the other 3 because 'they had to be bad too?'
                    You would get rid of the bad one.

My retention rate > FFZ retention rate. I'm more likely to return and participate successfully than FFZ is to see their average player return and participate through the year.
                    25% at FFZ and 9% overall in Fantasy leagues. And you are proud of these and use them as proof that you are dependable?

Every year you're willing to tolerate greater risk in the leagues you actually play. There's nothing to indicate that I am more likely not to finish than the folks you usually play with. I agree, you would have a significant concern about me returning, but that would fade over time as I continue to successfully participate in leagues.
                    25% and 9% I can do math, and you are a bigger risk than anybody else, since you are the only one that has ever quit in the middle of a draft.

As opposed to someone who quits halfway through the year and grants free wins to half of the league? When I left, I had zero impact on the competitive balance of either the draft or the year's playing results. Better than getting autodrafted, fwiw.
                    Only because we found a replacement. You still quit and screwed everybody.

Objectively that is a sensible approach. Given as most seasons you have to replace a player, I'm not seeing how my rate is significantly worse than what you're willing to work with in FFZ. At some point I will cross that acceptable threshold, if we assume that the ban is based on actual results.
                    25% and 9% vs 0% for everybody else since you are the only person with a track record of quitting in the middle of a draft

I would argue low sample size. Can't ban a person from the leagues and then ignore the other evidence in favor of successful participation. That's begging the question. You would have to rely on evidence in other leagues in order to argue against reinstation based on behavior.
                    25% and 9% - sounds like good evidence to me.

You're routinely topping that turnover on FFZ. Again, at some point I'll cross that threshold, if the ban is based on my actions and not feelings.
                    Turnover is turnover... it will always happen. Quitting in the middle of a draft has only happened once... by you.
                    It is based on actions, not feelings. If it was simply feelings, you would never have gotten a chance to quit in the first place.

Indeed, I'm not asking to get back into baseball. Football is a different ball of wax. I strongly doubt you would consider a player's participation in say, a NASCAR league to be as important to you as fantasy football in evaluating whether to bring someone into a football league. Someone leaving a NASCAR league would be considered much less serious all else being equal.
                    Ohhh... so a baseball fantasy league isn't as important as a football fantasy league. Are you really trying to say that?

I usually play em like survivor. Pick'em all at once, lay the cards down and see how you do. I'd rather have the one post at the start of the playoffs with all the matchups and the champions.
                    So why bother to even play when you won't follow the rules. And if that's how you want to do it, fine... but don't be surprised when people thing you are silly for doing so, and comment on it.

Just how I roll with it. Others play it different.
                    Yep... others just follow the rules of the game.

Rah chose to attack my character here in the thread, it wasn't just about the pick'em.
                    Gee, the initial comment was about pick'em...

Fair enough. Attacking my character is unfair, which rah did do here. Making fun of me, fine, I'll take my lumps. But you went well beyond that to be abusive here.
                    Maybe you should reread your posts here.

How is Fantasy football at FFZ relevant to a poly pick'em thread? You guys brought that up, not me. Had you left it at that, there'd be no issue, but you couldn't help yourself.
                    Gee... you quit in both. Maybe there's a pattern here?

What year was it, off the top of your head. Without checking. How many players in the league that year?
                    Got me there... I remember most of the players but I would have to look it up to be exact. One of the problems of getting older.
                    But I can say it was years after the gift incident which you have been bringing up for years

I've won twice and yet this gets more mention. Like I said, massively blown out of proportion.
                    25% and 9% Quitters usually don't quit when they are doing well.

Still doesn't explain how YOU were doing ME a favor by me choosing to accept your request for help.
                    Again... I never said that. Just more lies on your part.

Then why did Berz say that there were people unhappy when I joined? That attitude has an impact. You were welcoming to other folks, but not to me. Had Berz said, "we'd love to have you in our league this year", do you think I might have responded differently from being told, "keep your head down, don't make waves?"
                    I only said I wasn't thrilled about it... but I agreed as well as the others to let you play. So are you really trying to say that you quit because somebody told you to keep your head down and don't make waves?

It does if you're accusing me of joining to screw your league. It's evidence that I had no such intent and further evidence that I was reluctant to join in the first place neither of which fits with the accusation that I'm trying to screw you guys over. I'd argue that how I did things was actually superior to competitive balance than an autodraft in terms of just looking at the end result.
                    Once again, when did I EVER ACCUSE YOU OF JOINING THE LEAGUE TO SCREW US? I never did. And the fact you were reluctant isn't in question either.
                    And you can argue all you want, but you did indeed screw us by quitting. The fact that we were lucky enough to find somebody else doesn't change your actions.

Telling someone you need a help that you are short a player and then believing that you were actually helping me? No wonder I wasn't very welcome! After I left you had a scapegoat and were on your best behavior. Easier to blame all your troubles that year on me, when I was only in the league for less than a week.
                    I still don't know where this I thought we were helping you BS comes from. I never said it. And it doesn't even make sense. And one more time... you wore out your welcome when you quit in the middle of the draft.

What smoke and mirrors? I know I'm not the easiest to get along with, but hell. The only person who got screwed in the end was me. You want your pound of flesh? You've already taken it and then some for years. I'm not sure how you feel I haven't suffered?
                    Again, the victim card. Let's see, you quit and you were the one screwed. Tell that to the other members of the league that you screwed.

I've made my point. I'd like to resolve this so you can stop obsessing over one draft years ago and move on. Are you willing to apologize for accusing me of bribery? If so, we've got a deal.
                    Yet once again... I've repeated my terms.
                    Do we have a deal.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ming, once again:

I'll apologize to FFZ league (as this is the point of the deal) for my conduct during the draft. This includes you and Chris. I'll throw in an apology to you for any personal comments I've made over the last while.

You'll apologize to me for your bribery comment, and for the personal comments regarding pedophilia.
                      Take it or leave it. You and me. Nobody else involved.

It's a fair deal on both ends.

Comment

• Ben, please find ONE post where I called you a pedophile and post it. If not, stop asking for an apology for one.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming, once again:
                          Take it or leave it. You and me. Nobody else involved.

It's a fair deal on both ends.
                          I'm on record for disliking you because of how you treat just about everybody here.
                          My "involvement" with you goes far beyond the it's just you and me.

If you treat others better, that will prove that you are serious and that you are a true christian.
                          Until then, you will get treated as you as treat others.

Since you are so fond of mentioning the "GOOD BOOK" as your source of moral guidance go back and read it again.
                          Maybe you can learn a few things on how to treat others.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• please find ONE post where I called you a pedophile
                            You're really going to make me look. Ok.

Comment

• This ought to be good... Good luck bennie...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I'm on record for disliking you because of how you treat just about everybody here.
                                Ok. Then those people as individuals are free to work things out with me. I'm concerned about your comments to me accusing me of pedophilia and your comment accusing me of bribery.

I'm also promising to apologize to FFZ, and to you for my personal comments.

Up to you. I made you a fair deal. If you choose not to take it, that's on you, not me. I'm willing to make amends with you personally. Are you willing? I'm happy to drop this with you and go back to how I treated you before. I'd like to get back to that if at all possible.

If that's not possible then fine. But I am taking a shot here.

The Good Book says we should make amends to each individual, personally, for what we have done to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X