Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, if you think the Chargers are throwing the towel in on Ryan Mathews, it's just further evidence of a previous observation about you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Owning the non-Mathews has never hurt me.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Of the Chargers' 65 rushes inside the 5 yard line since 2010, Mathews has only carried 10 of them (15.4%). Jackie Battle in only 3 games this year already has 9 inside-the-five carries.

Norv plain does not trust Mathews at the goal-line.

Even if Mathews gets a full workload, it's evident Turner looks elsewhere for his goal-line back and Battle could be this year's Tolbert.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• How's the zionist purge of your team going Albert?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            How's the zionist purge of your team going Albert?
            Sage Rosenfels
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I gotta say, the best investment I made in the whole Auction League draft was the Bears Defense for $5.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Looks like Jaguar and I are going to come down to the wire.

Comment

• JR had a horrible day against me in AFC and takes the loss (he needed his optimal lineup to win). But I am down 58 in FFZ (need Brees to have a great night).

I'm glad I took Bears D in Salary Cap.
                  Last edited by Demonbinder; October 7, 2012, 20:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                    JR had a horrible day against me in AFC and takes the loss (he needed his optimal lineup to win). But I am down 58 in FFZ (need Brees to have a great night).

I'm glad I took Bears D in Salary Cap.
                    I'm facing Brees in two leagues including an Apolyton one. No thank you.

And Jackie Battle gets the start again.

Comment

• 1st and goal and Mathews is on the sideline. Yup.

Comment

• 6:02 3rd quarter
                        Mathews 11 rushes for 78 yards 7.1 avg.) and 1 TD
                        Battle 4 rushes for 10 yards (2.5 avg.) and zero TD

Mathews 4 receptions for 40 yards
                        Battle 2 receptions for 7 yards

What else, Al?

EDIT: This, in the player notes at Yahoo.
                        Sun, Oct 7

Mathews ran for 80 yards and a touchdown against the Saints on Sunday night.

Recommendation: He also caught six balls for 59 yards. Jackie Battle started the game at tailback, but only saw four carries compared to Mathews' 12. Mathews is clearly the more explosive back, and he has a good matchup Week 6 against the Broncos.
                        (Rotowire.com)
                        Last edited by SlowwHand; October 8, 2012, 01:27.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Barring Foster getting 75+ rush yards, 88+ receiving yards and 3+ TDs, I'll be 5-0!
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I got my ass stomped in both DST and IDP. Both by Deviations, which I think is Koya.

Comment

• Yep. Though for a while it was the battle of the negative-scoring-RBs.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Well, I got curbstomped, either one of Mathews or Colston outscored Rivers + Charger D combined. Nothing went well for me the whole game. That game was every bad thing that could happen to my team did.

Comment

Working...
                                X