Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody believes your too-many-roster-spots critique. Roster spots are awesome.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• 4 is enough bench spots for a 12 team league. My 10 team league has 5, and I think that's one too many as it is Look at Kubiak's defaults, after all (4 bench spots); it's clearly not an unreasonable statement
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• One thing I really wish we did here is FAAB - I like that much better than waiver order for free agent pickups.

Comment

• Is FAAB available on Yahoo?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think so. Their help mentions it.

Comment

• Apparently it is!

It wasn't before, and the league's old options have carried over.

Given that free agency hasn't started for D/ST league, I'll take a vote.

Do we want to keep "continual rolling list" waivers, in which there's a queue for waiver priority, and using up your priority moves you to the back of the queue? Or do we want to do Free Agency Auction Budget, where you can bid on the players you want, and the highest bidder gets them?
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I'll give FAAB a try; why not?
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I vote for FAAB and Rolling Order of Standings tiebreak. (Ie each week reset tiebreak order to order of standings, but a claim Does affect order within that week). Also if there is option to allow $0 claims, I like that (for regular non competitive claims).

Comment

• I'd love to see a FAAB.

Roster spots are awesome.
                    Jag speaks the truth.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• For reference, here are the choices:

Originally posted by http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/details/waiver_type
                      If waivers are enabled, all players dropped from a team's roster are immediately placed on a waiting period from zero to seven days to give all managers a chance to claim those players. Choose the waiver processing option best suited for your league.

In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
                      Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
                      Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
                      In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above.

FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
                      FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak
                      FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak

Comment

• And to explain for those interested:

FAAB means you have $100, say, for the whole season. You then place bids to acquire players on/before tuesday (or whatever our WW day is, that sounds fine). Then you after that can acquire w/o bids, I think (or possibly you have daily auctions after that, I'm not sure how Yahoo! does it, but I think it's just FA after Tuesday).

Let's say Marshawn Lynch breaks his leg on Sunday. Then I would place a bid for $50 on Christine Michel, Jaguar would place a bid of $45 on him, JRabbit would put a bid of $50, and Berz would bid $1 since he's already almost out of money from earlier pickups. I'm in first place, Jaguar in second, Berz in third, JRabbit in fourth.

JRabbit would then win the auction, because he's in fourth place behind me, and lose $50 of his $100. Come Tuesday, he'd get him. Order of placing bids isn't important.

Then, next, we both bid on Josh Gordon, who just won his lawsuit and I didn't keep him for some reason. I bid $45 and JRabbit bids $45 and nobody bids above that. Now, I'd win, because he won the first auction on Michel and was moved behind me in the tiebreaker order. I'd lose my $45.

If Yahoo! requires minimum bid of $1 (not sure), it's possible you could run out of FAAB if you're not careful, and not be able to make FA pickups until the free agency period after Tuesdays, so be careful!

(This assumes we follow exactly what I proposed, and don't use a purely continual rolling list or a order-of-standings not rolling list.)

Comment

• I'm good with trying out FAAB.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Berz would bid $1 since he's already almost out of money from earlier pickups
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• That's assuming he follows his usual strategy of constant WW maneuvering, and this is week 8 or something.

Comment

• Reverse standings tiebreaker makes sense to me.

Even though these are described as bids, I assume it's a one-shot thing and not an actual auction, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X