Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw, I also suggest this for Auction - and assuming this is like ESPN in that it allows futzing with individual FAAB amounts, add the 'leftover' auction money to the FAAB pool. My ESPN auction league has done this for years, and it's seemed to work well. (FAAB are way less valuable than auction spend, usually, but it seems like a fair thing to do to give people who don't spend everything something.)
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Reverse standings tiebreaker makes sense to me.

Even though these are described as bids, I assume it's a one-shot thing and not an actual auction, correct?
      It is a sealed bid auction, technically speaking (hence the terminology). It is indeed one shot, though you can modify your bid until it's official.

Comment

• There are people who don't spend all their money during the draft auction???
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I want FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak.

I don't suppose there is a way to trade players for Acquisition Bucks

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            There are people who don't spend all their money during the draft auction???
            Some due to stupidity, but one guy last night stockpiled cash to go for one guy (Brees, who went in the middle rounds of the auction), lost that, and never found a player he needed to really spend on after that, so ended up with $20 despite getting every player he wanted after that. (Some of this is due to the keeper nature, where you really would rather pick players that are cheap over players that are more expensive if they're not going to be main starters this year.)

Comment

• +1 for FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak in D/ST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                Apparently it is!

It wasn't before, and the league's old options have carried over.

Given that free agency hasn't started for D/ST league, I'll take a vote.

Do we want to keep "continual rolling list" waivers, in which there's a queue for waiver priority, and using up your priority moves you to the back of the queue? Or do we want to do Free Agency Auction Budget, where you can bid on the players you want, and the highest bidder gets them?
                Since me and Berz ride the waiver wire like a Triple Crown winner, I think it doesn't really matters that much, but whatever you guys think is most fun do it. I abstain, courteously.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  Btw, I also suggest this for Auction - and assuming this is like ESPN in that it allows futzing with individual FAAB amounts, add the 'leftover' auction money to the FAAB pool. My ESPN auction league has done this for years, and it's seemed to work well. (FAAB are way less valuable than auction spend, usually, but it seems like a fair thing to do to give people who don't spend everything something.)
                  I will change the option for Auction to FAAB - but if you don't spend all your money at the auction, I think you need to brush up on your fantasy football auction stategy. What do I know though, I only won it all last year
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You also left money on the table, and saw your number one starting QB go down with injury. Had Rice/Foster just performed up to normal expectations, I would have won.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• That was the point - I inexplicably left money on the table and through excessive waiver wire activity somehow came away with it all - it didn't hurt that I basically spent all my time chasing down Denver/Philly players last year.

Comment

• That was the point - I inexplicably left money on the table and through excessive waiver wire activity somehow came away with it all - it didn't hurt that I basically spent all my time chasing down Denver/Philly players last year.
                        Despite losing Foster + Rice, I didn't hurt too badly. Won the regular season thanks to Manning. That, of course, didn't help in the final vs you tho.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• FAAB
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Given the apparent unanimous support for FAAB with rolling standings, I'm going to make the change.

I agree with it as well, FWIW.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• That's Faabulous.

Comment

• Guys (and Gals),

I may miss the live draft for the auction league tonight. I'll be stuck at work. If someone wants to take my place, that is fine with me. If you cannot find someone this late, I will play the team the computer picks for me (assuming I can't make it).

Thanks
                                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                                X