Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I drop Amendola and JR picks him up right away. So much for a *mistake*.
    "Receiver Danny Amendola(notes) and cornerback Bradley Fletcher(notes) will miss the rest of the season for the winless St. Louis Rams."

Suck it, Ben.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• More like suck it JR.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I was right about Gaffney and Donald Jones (oh, so right about Donald Jones) last week, so here, Ben, for you:

My mid-week (subject to change by Sunday) lottery picks for deep sleeper WRs who will have good days: OAK Jacoby Ford (who was probably drafted in all leagues but likely was cut after 22 yards in Week 1 and nothing since) as a potential boom player, DAL Laurent Robinson, and TEN Damien Williams, who is a risky play given his limited upside (he's the possession type so probably won't give you more than 70 yards and a possible score or may not show up at all since this will be his first real action off the bench; more of a stash and watch guy). Events and news between now and Sunday may necessitate a change in my picks.

Though I still do like Gaffney as a conservative play this week against a crippled St. Louis secondary (I like him better than Robinson and especially D. Williams). Donald Jones not so much against a stingy Cincinnati secondary that has done a good job in shutting down WR's but is susceptible to TE's... as an aside, I think this week will be a good test to determine if this prolific Buffalo offense is for real or has just benefited from defensively weak opponents.
        Jacoby Ford was a miss since he only got 30 yards but Laurent Robinson had a monstrous 116 yard game, Gaffney was solid as always with 62 yards, and Damien Williams scored a TD. As I expected, Donald Jones didn't do much this week. 3/4 aint bad.

Maybe you should listen to me, Ben
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Maybe you should listen to me, Ben
          My weakest team is now 3-1, my strongest is 0-4.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

More like suck it JR.
            Meh. It's not like I drafted Amendola in the 4th round with Welker (who I took 4 picks later), DeSean, Stevie J, Wallace, Brandon, and Bowe among the WRs still on the board.

For me, he was picked up as a WR6/7 with upside. No loss.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow. Someone actually did that?

Comment

• Wow. Someone actually did that?
                Yep, sure did. No regrets there. Didn't like any of my options in the 4 slot, and in retrospect, should have moved my list up picked Fred Jackson.

My opening round draft would have looked like this: Rivers, Roddy, Witten, FJax, Beanie, LT, Sproles, WR2, WR3, QB2, LB1, LB2, DE1, DB1, DB2

Wallace, was a consideration. I was debating hard between Wallace, Amendola, Desean or FJax.
                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 6, 2011, 20:48.

Comment

• What the ****? How the **** do you pick Amendola over Mike Wallace and Desean Jackson?! WTF?!

What rock did you live under last year where you missed Mike Wallace having 1257 yards and 10 scores?!

Comment

• Wow. Just wow.

Amendola in the 4th round with Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe... all on the board. What the flying ****?!

Danny Amendola.

Mike Wallace was the #7 ranked WR on ESPN, between Larry Fitzgerald and Vincent Jackson. Amendola was #58 between Nate Burleson and Danario Alexander.

WOW. ****ING WOW.

Just when I thought my head can't explode from another dose of Ben inanity, I find out something like this.

Comment

• What the ****? How the **** do you pick Amendola over Mike Wallace and Desean Jackson?! WTF?!
                      Again, this is not DST. PPR + Return yards. Amendola was the top remaining WR selection based on age, past injury history, etc. The settings really shifts away from Wallace and Desean.

What rock did you live under last year where you missed Mike Wallace having 1257 yards and 10 scores?!
                      He was considered, but Amendola had the better year.

Comment

• Mike Wallace was the #7 ranked WR on ESPN, between Larry Fitzgerald and Vincent Jackson. Amendola was #58 between Nate Burleson and Danario Alexander.
                        ESPN rankings != Poly rankings. My entire team was based on finding gems that were poorly ranked by ESPN rankings but highly ranked by Poly settings. This is why I didn't get stuck with an under performing top back this year.

Top two WRs based on last year's poly stats?

Roddy White and Denny Amendola. Amendola had 85 receptions for 689 yards and 3 TDs and 1594 return yards. Wallace ranked 13th.

Desean Jackson was a lower tier WR2 in Poly league last year, and was ranked 22nd. To put it in perspective, number 31 is currently a FA. So Desean's draft position in the 4th round was unjustified based on his performance last year.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 6, 2011, 21:36.

Comment

He was considered, but Amendola had the better year.
                          Can someone from IDP league confirm that Amendola in 2010 had a better fantasy year than Mike Wallace? I don't know how you treat return yards but unless you're giving 1 point per 10 yards on returns, I don't see this happening.

Comment

• Can someone from IDP league confirm that Amendola in 2010 had a better fantasy year than Mike Wallace? I don't know how you treat return yards but unless you're giving 1 point per 10 yards on returns, I don't see this happening.

Roddy White: 250.75
                            Denny Amendola: 233.35

13. Mike Wallace: 187.75

22. Desean Jackson: 167.75
                            24. Davone Bess: 161.4

Would you draft Davone Bess in the 4th round? I'm thinking, no.

Comment

• WTF jacked up settings are those? Amendola was the #2 fantasy WR after Roddy White?!

Reception Yards 20 yards per point
                              Return Yards 20 yards per point
                              Jesus. What the hell?! No way was this intended!

JRabbit, your league is broken. 50 return yards per point is what I've seen in return yardage formats. Never 20 yards, the same as receiving yards!

Comment

• Jesus. What the hell?! No way was this intended!

JRabbit, your league is broken.
                                It's awesome! It actually makes returners, (and return yards) rosterable and relevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X