No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a simple thing that you can't comprehend, it's amazing you're a teacher.
    I've never been a fan of pedantry. If it's clear to me whom you're referring to - I don't take points off.

I'd rather see students with a good understanding of the material than dotting all their I's and crossing T's.

I also give them stuff they haven't seen before and ask them to make educated guesses based on what they do know. You don't always have time to come up with an exact solution.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 27, 2012, 14:28.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Student sent home for haircut
      Updated: November 29, 2012, 5:46 PM ET
      By Bill Speros | Special To ESPN.com

Christian Chavez of Kerrville, Texas, isn't shy about his support of Texas A&M quarterback and hometown hero Johnny Manziel's talents or his Heisman Trophy campaign.

When barber Rob "The Original" Ferrel of San Antonio, Texas, offered via Facebook to cut a portrait of Manziel into anyone's hair who was willing, Chavez leapt at the chance.

By the end of the day Wednesday, Chavez was sporting a reasonable likeness of the freshman phenom shaved into his scalp along with the words Manziel's "Johnny Football" nickname and the Texas A&M logo.

Chavez, 17, got a surprise when he arrived at Hill Country High School in Kerrville, Thursday, as he was sent home by school's principal and told not to return until he had Manziel's likeness removed.

"I love the haircut. I'm a big fan of Johnny. My parents love it, too. They like Johnny. My older brother played with Johnny," said Chavez, who shared practice time with Manziel on the same football field when he was a freshman and sophomore JV player at Tivy High School, Manziel's alma mater.

Chavez, who has since transferred to Hill Country High School, said he was told he couldn't have the haircut at his current school because it "was inappropriate for school policy. I can't go back until I get it cut out."

Chavez said he plans on keeping the image of Manziel intact for at least another day or so.

"Might as well keep it keep it tomorrow (Friday) and get it cut either Sunday or Monday. I thought I would be fine," he said. "I was surprised. My mom came and got me. She didn't like the fact they told me to go home."

A call to Hill Country High School principal Steven Schwartz was referred to a spokesman for the Kerrville Independent School District, who did not return a request for comment.

Last spring, a 12-year-old junior high school student in San Antonio was suspended after having his shaved by another barber to resemble the face of Spurs forward Matt Bonner because officials deemed his haircut a distraction, as well.

Ferrel created an "MVP Portrait" of Spurs point guard Tony Parker last spring during the NBA playoffs.

Ferrel said he didn't charge Chavez for his Manziel haircut and will remove if for free if Chavez wants to make the 90-minute trip from Kerrville to San Antonio.

A similar "Rob the Original Johnny Football" haircut costs roughly $100 and takes two hours to complete.

"I cut the portrait and the name first, then I add color and use make up to bring out the portrait," Ferrel said. "We're glad he likes it."
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Congrats to the Northern Illinois Huskies for winning the MAC -- and, with the UCLA loss, sliding into what is technically BCS consideration.

It was a great game BTW.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes, it was. I was pulling for Kent St. and they showed up.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Never sleep on the MACtion.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 7-all, TCU Oklahoma.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• TCU lost but put up good effort. Baylor is the one that's shocked me.

Comment

• TCU lost but put up good effort. Baylor is the one that's shocked me.
                  Was not surprised to see the refs stick it to TCU when they had 1st and 10 from the 12 to tie it up. Spoiled the game for me.

Comment

• Wow... I still can't believe that helmet to helmet hit on Aaron Murray wasn't called. What a viscous hit
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Another very good game.

Comment

• How very Georgia of Georgia.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Wow... I still can't believe that helmet to helmet hit on Aaron Murray wasn't called. What a viscous hit
                          A thick and sticky hit?

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Dammit tuber, I wanted to make that joke.

Comment

• ON WISCONSIN!!!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                How very Georgia of Georgia.
                                I've been curious and now have to ask, why do you hate Georgia so much?

Comment

Working...
                                X