No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I highly doubt that. Sparty's defense is just a bit better than the Fightin' Zooks'...

Comment

• Defense isn't the issue with the Fighting Zookers this year. Special Teams and Offense is the issue. Even if Michigan goes 3 and out 4 possessions in a row, they are liable to end up in better field position than they started out with.

Comment

• You didn't actually read the story did you?

McQueary is a guy who once stepped in and broke up a player-related knife fight in a campus dining hall — a fight police admit could have been very ugly. But this week, he is getting blasted by the public for doing too little.

He'll step into a knife fight but he won't step into an old man sodomizing a little boy.

I'm sure glad you posted that, I was going to do it after work.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          You didn't actually read the story did you?

McQueary is a guy who once stepped in and broke up a player-related knife fight in a campus dining hall — a fight police admit could have been very ugly. But this week, he is getting blasted by the public for doing too little.

He'll step into a knife fight but he won't step into an old man sodomizing a little boy.
          Yes, proving that McQueary's no coward and the sight of Sandusky raping a kid must have been so shocking that even he couldn't handle it. Why don't you go read the grand jury report, where an upset and crying janitor who had walked in on Sandusky giving oral sex to a boy in the shower said that he had "fought in the [Korean] war ... seen people with their guts blowed out, arms dismembered ... I just witnessed something in there I'll never forget"?

It's real easy for ya'll to get on your high horse and judge Mike McQueary a decade after the fact, but I don't believe for a second that you would've acted any better in the moment. If a guy who's willing to step into a knife fight can't handle witnessing a child rape, what are the odds that a bunch of internet badasses could?

Comment

• The website Every Day Should Be Saturday is close to getting its wish, There has been college football on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and now Saturday. 5 days in a row. Does the MAC even play on Saturday anymore?

Comment

• Red hot MACtion--it's fantastic.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Purdue

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                  Yes, proving that McQueary's no coward and the sight of Sandusky raping a kid must have been so shocking that even he couldn't handle it. Why don't you go read the grand jury report, where an upset and crying janitor who had walked in on Sandusky giving oral sex to a boy in the shower said that he had "fought in the [Korean] war ... seen people with their guts blowed out, arms dismembered ... I just witnessed something in there I'll never forget"?

It's real easy for ya'll to get on your high horse and judge Mike McQueary a decade after the fact, but I don't believe for a second that you would've acted any better in the moment. If a guy who's willing to step into a knife fight can't handle witnessing a child rape, what are the odds that a bunch of internet badasses could?
                  In the moment? No one knows how they'll react. It can be akin to going into shock.

But for 9 years after that moment? Yeah, we can say that McQueary was a coward after then. It's not as if he went catatonic and blocked the incident from his mind--he related it to Paterno and the AD. He gave the Grand Jury excruciating detail.

And yet, since 2002, he undoubtedly interacted with Sandusky as if nothing happened. One of the stories from yesterday was that a high school defensive prospect down in Georgia was courted for PSU by Sandusky this past year. And McQueary is (or was) the recruiting coordinator for the team.

I can cut McQueary slack for not having an instant reaction, sure. But not for almost a decade of tolerating a guy he knew to be a child rapist in his midst.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Oh, and LOL @ Texas.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Go TCU!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                        Defense isn't the issue with the Fighting Zookers this year. Special Teams and Offense is the issue. Even if Michigan goes 3 and out 4 possessions in a row, they are liable to end up in better field position than they started out with.
                        I'm psychic.

If Illinois loses the next 2 games, and is 6-6, 2-6 in the big 10 with a 6 game losing streak, will anyone still take them for a bowl game if they have any other choice?

Comment

• Wow, Boise goes down. And since Kellen Moore is done this year, we won't have to hear them whining about deserving to be in the NCG anymore, yay!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• What happened to Moore?

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Wow TCU.

Texas

I am pleasantly surprised and incredibly frustrated by the Michigan game today; probably should've won by at least 30, as well as the defense played, but a win is a win.

And after watching Nebraska look meh against PSU, and Ohio State herp-derp-derp their way to a loss against Purdue (Purdue!), I am suddenly weirdly hopeful that a 10-win season is completely reasonable. And given that MSU would have to lose twice in their last two games for Michigan to go to the B1G CG, if we do get to 10, we'll be 10-2 and a likely (bull****) BCS at-large selection.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• HO
                                LEE
                                SHEEEET

I thought Oregon could pull off a win. But 53-30? Wow. Just... wow.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X