Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    I made this exact face when this puntfail occured in the third quarter:

I love how is legs move in place like he's a Scooby-Doo character gearing up to run away from the weekly monster.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I know, right?

I think the only other context where that reaction would be appropriate would be walking in on your parents doing it doggie-style. With your grandparents watching, and offering critiques.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Okay Boris... Looks like it's going to be you and I in the Rose Bowl... (you still need to win you're Championship game, ours is a done deal already). Good luck in the smack talk, cause you don't stand a chance!!!!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          Okay Boris... Looks like it's going to be you and I in the Rose Bowl... (you still need to win you're Championship game, ours is a done deal already). Good luck in the smack talk, cause you don't stand a chance!!!!
          Oh, I'll concede the smack talk victory to you. I'm not very good at it.

I'll just be relieved if you guys actually manage to beat Sparty this time. I'd hate to have to face them in the Rose Bowl.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            One step closer to Mike Leach in LA

Neuheisel expected to be fired after a loss to the Ducks in the Pac-12 Championship game.

And apparently ASU's Erickson will also be fired. I'd add WSU's Wulff to that list as also probably losing his job. Mike Riley is most likely safe, however.

What's the record for most coaches fired in a conference in a single season? Counting Stoops, the Pac-12 is looking at four. Talk about a bloodbath...

Edit: sources saying Wulff is almost certainly going to be fired:

What you were looking for wasn't found. Maybe we can help you figure out where to go.
            Last edited by Boris Godunov; November 27, 2011, 12:05.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
              Okay Boris... Looks like it's going to be you and I in the Rose Bowl... (you still need to win you're Championship game, ours is a done deal already). Good luck in the smack talk, cause you don't stand a chance!!!!
              Wisky over MSU is a done deal, even though you already lost to them, but Oregon over UCLA isn't?

Need to stop drinking Cherry Kool-Aid.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• And Guy wondered why I was rooting for Penn State yesterday.

Comment

• I can't believe Illinois canned Zook. They're bowl eligible, for god's sake.

With six wins the Illini could still go to a bowl game. It would be their first back-to-back bowl appearances since 1991 and '92.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                    Wisky over MSU is a done deal, even though you already lost to them, but Oregon over UCLA isn't?

Need to stop drinking Cherry Kool-Aid.

ACK!
                    The image of the mirror sunglassed cop does not apply to me. My shades are tinted red.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I can't believe Illinois canned Zook. They're bowl eligible, for god's sake.

With six wins the Illini could still go to a bowl game. It would be their first back-to-back bowl appearances since 1991 and '92.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ewO8AYLf
                      0-6 record in the second half of the season. An offense that struggled to achieve one first down in the first half against fellow cellar dweller, Minnesota. Fans don't want to go to games to see their team lose 10-6.

Comment

• Fans don't go to Illinois games, period. Zook was sadly the best coach they could hope for.

Zook took the Illini to their first Rose Bowl since the 1980s and last season led the team to its first bowl win in more than a decade. The strong start this season had fans thinking they could contend in the Big Ten, and the Illini could still go to a bowl game. The program has had back-to-back bowl appearances since 1991 and '92.

University of Illinois coach Ron Zook has been fired after seven seasons, athletic director Mike Thomas announced Sunday.

Comment

• So, how'd I do with predicting every game the Big Ten participated in over the season?

On a game-by-game basis, not too good: 71-25. But, on a general how is such-and-such team going to do, etc., pretty damned good:

I nearly predicted the Why's Wisconsin Here? Division order exactly (as far as overall record is concerned); I had Wisky, PSU, the OSU and Illinois tied, then Purdue, then Indiana. Purdue finished with the same overall record as OSU and Illinois, but otherwise this was spot on.

The Where's Wisconsin Division just needed to swap MSU and Nebraska in the #1 and #3 slots.

Underestimated: Michigan State (+2), Penn State (+1), Michigan (+1)
                          Dead On: Minnesota, Purdue
                          Overestimated: Indiana (-3), Northwestern (-2), Ohio State (-1), Illinois (-1), Iowa (-1), Nebraska (-1), Wisconsin (-1)

So, in general, I overestimated the B1G, though the lion's share of that overestimation was at the bottom end of the conference.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Jesus, Turner Gill got fired too? After only two years? At Kansas? Good lord, the Jayhawks only had one good season under Mangino (who they also stupidly fired) and now they expect coaches to turn their consistently terrible football program around in two seasons?

Comment

Fans don't go to Illinois games, period. Zook was sadly the best coach they could hope for.
                              Last edited by H Tower; November 28, 2011, 14:04.

Comment

• I guess it'll take a couple more decades without a Rose Bowl appearance before you'll realize the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X