No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC is like Texas; as much as the other members of their conference wish they would just go away, you simply can't ignore them.

Comment

• UTSA to the Longhorn Network, providing three more games than Texas will.

Also, **** you, Michigan and Wisconsin. Northwestern, you're cool.

Last edited by Tupac Shakur; September 4, 2011, 13:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        Well played. Your move, DanS.
        Why would I counter? Over the past few years, ND has been playing exactly like a middle-of-the-pack Big East team.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• 1993 to the present is a bit more than "the past few years."

Comment

• I might slice that time period slightly different than you. Overall, though, it has been a sad, sad couple of decades brought on by a soft attempt to kill the football program.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• The first step towards a potential renaissance is to join a conference and the 21st Century.

Comment

• The universe rights the wrong of denying Western Michigan a chance to cover by ending the West Virginia/Marshall game before the Mountaineers could beat the spread.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    The first step towards a potential renaissance is to join a conference and the 21st Century.
                    I honestly don't see what logical reason ND to not join up with a conference. The contract with NBC is worth less money than what the Big Ten schools get from the Big Ten Network. They do not get any more national exposure than any other major program with CFB dominated by ESPN/ABC/et al. It is as if they're trying to live up to every Notre Dame stereotype there is.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• There is no logical reason. Their continued desire for independence is based solely on an emotional attachment to tradition.*

Spoiler:
                      * There are other ways to describe this, of course, but I'm trying to be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        It is as if they're trying to live up to every Notre Dame stereotype there is.
                        About right. It doesn't really mean anything special to remain independent. I mean Penn State and Florida State figured that out years ago (which meant they both still get paid handsomely in new contracts even if their on the field performance is what it is).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          All the Georgia unis have "Georgia" where the name should be? That's ****ing retarded; Georgia's unis are definitely worse than Oregon's. Boise State's unis also suck.
                          All of the above uniforms are better than the atrocity that Maryland is wearing tonight. Remind me of court jester outfits.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Boise's biggest champion here on Poly, I was merely trolling.
                            Here's hoping Boise rolls on undefeated this year.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                                All of the above uniforms are better than the atrocity that Maryland is wearing tonight. Remind me of court jester outfits.

ACK!
                                Eh. I didn't mind the Maryland unis as much as the others, if only because Maryland's normal unis are pretty boring and Maryland's flag is kind of cool. The helmets were definitely overkill, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X