No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I should have stipulated that. The unis were okay, but the helmet ruined it.

But, it was the best game I watched this weekend.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• So, Miami--point and laugh?

Point and laugh.

[NelsonMuntz]HA HAW![/NelsonMuntz]
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Maryland had me almost cheering for Miami, solely due to their dog-ass ugly uniforms. Shoes with the same design is what put it over the top.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm a little unclear on what Baylor is trying to accomplish with their threatened lawsuit.

Comment

• Baylor is probably one of the most significantly screwed teams by the failure of the Big 12... they'll end up in the WAC at best, and possibly a minor conference. I suppose they might be holding out for some money figuring they might as well get what they can now...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Baylor - look who's behind it. Kenneth Starr. 'Nuff said.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I'm a little unclear on what Baylor is trying to accomplish with their threatened lawsuit.

Baylor's trying to pressure Texas politicians into putting a stop to conference realignment before it destroys the Big 12 and leaves them without an AQ home.

Comment

• What the hell kind of chance do they think they have?

If not A&M, then Mizzou or Oklahoma are going to bail, and Texas politicians will have sweet ****-all they can do about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    What the hell kind of chance do they think they have?
                    It's worth a shot. Pressuring Texas politicians is how Baylor got into the Big 12 in the first place, after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      It's worth a shot. Pressuring Texas politicians is how Baylor got into the Big 12 in the first place, after all.
                      If not A&M, then Mizzou or Oklahoma are going to bail, and Texas politicians will have sweet ****-all they can do about that.

Comment

• Mizzou likely doesn't have the ability to move on its own. Oklahoma does, but there's a chance they may stay if A&M is prevented from moving, as they don't want to make the first move and blow up the Big 12.

Comment

• Mizzou and Kansas will be in the Big 1016 in a few years, I have no doubt; add in K-State and Iowa State and you have a nice midwestern conference with strengths in football and baseketball (Mizzou is a bit of both, Kansas and K State are basketball, Iowa State is just thrown in for kicks.

Comment

• Of course, that makes way too much sense, so there's no way it will ever happen

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                              Baylor is probably one of the most significantly screwed teams by the failure of the Big 12... they'll end up in the WAC at best, and possibly a minor conference. I suppose they might be holding out for some money figuring they might as well get what they can now...
                              This. Baylor is going to get some cash.

And yes, it is because they'll be completely screwed over when the Big 12 falls.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The point with this Baylor legal tie up (and they have much Big 12 company) is to stall and reel OK back. Goal is save B12, not sue A&M.

Yep. Texas is using Baylor and Iowa State to try to hold the Big 12 (-3) together.

edit: More evidence...

Baylor was among six Big 12 schools that will not sign a waiver to allow Texas A&M to go to the Southeastern Conference following a meeting of the Big 12 presidents Wednesday afternoon, a source close to Baylor told the Tribune-Herald.

The other schools were Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Iowa State and Missouri.

If Oklahoma reaffirms its commitment to the Big 12, the schools are expected to sign the waiver that would allow the Aggies to go to the SEC without any legal action. The Sooners, who are reportedly considering a move to the Pac-12, are expected to make their decision within the next two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X