No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet ND couldn't negotiate the same TV contract it did previously. (in adjusted dollars) It used to be able to command top dollar. Not anymore. Don't get me wrong, they're still popular, but not the monolith power they were. (Due to not being that good of a team for a long time.)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Though it is still to early (in their football decline) to completely write them off. They are the subject of many conferences' dream expansion for a reason.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Agreed, but when they originally signed with NBC it was ND and then everyone else. That is no longer the case.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Tupac, as far as I remember, only DanS has stood up for Notre Dame previously. I did, in an extremely minor manner. Why you now?
          Kings need to stand by their peers when the knights get delusions of grandeur.

Comment

• Yes, fine, Notre Dame has a rich and vibrant history, and 100 out of 100 Montana residents can correctly identify the Notre Dame helmet, but that doesn't mean anything about their on field performance.

2007 3-9 with a loss to Navy
            2008 7-6 with a bowl victory
            2009 6-6 with a loss to Navy
            2010 8-5 with a loss to Navy and bowl victory
            2011 8-5 with a bowl victory

This is a football king?

quoting from Mandel's article:
            All told, three of the 71 schools moved up, four moved down and six made their debuts. The conclusion: At this point it's more feasible for a young program like Boise State to make a splash and create a new identity than it is for a more established program to alter a perception built over 100-plus years.
            So Notre Dame gets to rest on its laurels of multiple national championships that occurred before current players were born, and this is their reason for special inclusion in talks about how a national title playoff is created? Don't you see how that is insane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
              Kings need to stand by their peers when the knights get delusions of grandeur.
              No one here is talking up Illinois, except maybe you.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                So Notre Dame gets to rest on its laurels of multiple national championships that occurred before current players were born, and this is their reason for special inclusion in talks about how a national title playoff is created? Don't you see how that is insane?
                You act as if this is somewhat shocking and doesn't happen all the time. If Michigan went in the toilet for 15 years, you still don't think it would be held up as a storied program which gets a lot of attention? Hell, look at the Chicago Cubs!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Combine a mediocre on field performance, with an independent, and I don't see how they get a seat at the table all their own when everyone else at that table represents many schools. I don't care that fans treat them as special, I just don't want the establishment to grant them special privileges.

Comment

• They aren't asking you . They do care that fans treat them special because the playoffs are for extra money. And if ND can bring them more money, they'll let 'em have their extras.

Comment

• ND can only bring them more money if they ever participate. That doesn't see likely in the near future.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey, strange things can happen . Penn State actually had 10 win seasons after everyone thought they were done for (now they really are ). And before Pete Carroll, people thought USC was done with (well he had some... financial.. help).

Heck, Tennessee of all schools won a National Championship in 1998 & Auburn two years ago (though they did cheat for that one )
                        Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 12, 2012, 14:16.

Comment

• Then I guess Illinois can be hopeful too.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            Hey, strange things can happen . Penn State actually had 10 win seasons after everyone thought they were done for (now they really are ). And before Pete Carroll, people thought USC was done with (well he had some... financial.. help).

Heck, Tennessee of all schools won a National Championship in 1998 & Auburn two years ago (though they did cheat for that one )
                            In terms of trending college football is one of the most static in how teams fare over time.

I remember bringing this up months ago during zooker's firing.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• How do you view Joe Paterno's legacy?

Mostly positive

Equal mix of positive and negative

Mostly negative
                              Spoiler:
                              36%
                              Mostly positive

33%
                              Equal mix of positive and negative

31%
                              Mostly negative

(Total votes: 116,614)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                                Yes, fine, Notre Dame has a rich and vibrant history, and 100 out of 100 Montana residents can correctly identify the Notre Dame helmet, but that doesn't mean anything about their on field performance.
                                It means a lot with regards to Notre Dame's continued relevance and inclusion in major college football decisions, however. Notre Dame is a king, and you can't just ignore a king.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                You act as if this is somewhat shocking and doesn't happen all the time. If Michigan went in the toilet for 15 years, you still don't think it would be held up as a storied program which gets a lot of attention? Hell, look at the Chicago Cubs!
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X