Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    That would be the unbeaten Bulldogs.
    Against my better judgment, I viewed BK's comment, even though I've had him on ignore for a year or so now. This is the first time.

No. BK, you're a moron who doesn't have a clue as to how college football works.

The Rose Bowl hosts the Pac 12 #1 vs. the Big 10 #1. The only way anyone else outside of those two conferences gets into the Rose Bowl is if the #1 from the conference is involved in the BCS National Championship game.

Oregon's path to NCG was completely foreclosed by the loss to Stanford. As it stood, Oregon would have to go to the Fiesta or Orange Bowl. With Stanford losing, now Oregon is #1 in the Pac 12 north and, so long as they win out and win the Pac 12 championship game, will go to the Rose Bowl to face the Big 10 #1, whomever that may be.

As with any subject, you've no idea what you're talking about, so you best stop now. Back to ignore you go.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The Rose Bowl hosts the Pac 12 #1 vs. the Big 10 #1. The only way anyone else outside of those two conferences gets into the Rose Bowl is if the #1 from the conference is involved in the BCS National Championship game.

Oregon's path to NCG was completely foreclosed by the loss to Stanford. As it stood, Oregon would have to go to the Fiesta or Orange Bowl. With Stanford losing, now Oregon is #1 in the Pac 12 north and, so long as they win out and win the Pac 12 championship game, will go to the Rose Bowl to face the Big 10 #1, whomever that may be.
      The purpose of the Rose Bowl is to host the best west coast team not in the national championship. Fresno is the best west coast team this year and deserves the Rose Bowl berth.

Why would the Rose Bowl, built and paid for by Californians want to host an inferior, out of state team?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• You continue to be a moron, BK. You are completely unable to discern between reality and what you WISH to be true.

In the current BCS alignment, the Rose Bowl hosts the Big Ten and Pacific-12 conference champions unless they are involved in the national championship game. Beginning with the 2012 Rose Bowl, Rose Bowl game representative teams from the Big Ten and Pacific-12 conferences are determined by Big Ten Football Championship Game and Pacific-12 Football Championship Game, respectively.
        This is a contract. The Rose Bowl game is played between the PAC #1 and the Big 10 #1, unless one of those teams is playing in the BCS Championship game. As with all things, you've no idea what you're talking about.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Baylor has excellent depth.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is a contract. The Rose Bowl game is played between the PAC #1 and the Big 10 #1, unless one of those teams is playing in the BCS Championship game. As with all things, you've no idea what you're talking about.
            Perhaps next year Fresno will schedule a PAC 10 team as a tuneup to start their season. I hope they don't demand too much revenue sharing with Fresno.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• And the miracle of transitivity proves that Fresno is superior.

Oregon, lost to Stanford, who lost to USC, who lost to Arizona State, who lost to Notre Dame, who lost to Pittsburgh, who lost to Navy, who lost to South Alabama, who lost to Southern Utah, who lost to UC Davis, who lost to Nevada, who lost to Boise St who lost to Fresno.

Comment

• For awhile I thought you still had at least a little bit of worth as some kind of insight into the Chargers. However, since you can't even seem to understand a straight forward College Bowl Contract, I no longer want to hear anything you have to say on any subject. Good bye.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Another week.

1. FSU
                  2. Alabama
                  3. Baylor

4. Ohio State
                  5. Oregon
                  6. Clemson

7. Auburn
                  8. Missouri
                  9. Michigan State
                  10. COULD BE ANY OF: Stanford, TAMU, UCLA, Oklahoma St, South Carolina or NIU. ASU creeping up.

I swapped Alabama with FSU this week because the Noles look like they are just all-around dominant, while the Tide looked somewhat mortal against Mississippi. While Alabama may have a slightly better defense than FSU, the FSU offense looks to be waaaay better than Bama's.

For the Pac-12, it was all smiles here in Oregon yesterday... except for Beaver fans, of course. Oregon and ASU are on track to meet in the championship game, with the winner going to face either Ohio State or Michigan State in the Rose Bowl, depending on how the Big 10 shakes out. I'm definitely happier about a return to the Rose Bowl for the Ducks than for the other BCS bowl options, but in terms of the match up I think I would rather have seen Oregon play Baylor or an SEC team like Auburn (payback!).
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                    You continue to be a moron, BK. You are completely unable to discern between reality and what you WISH to be true.
                    Dude, he's just trolling you. No one is legitimately that stupid.
                    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Besides, how could anyone hate the fact that Rose Bowl still wants to hold onto some traditional bowl ties in the face of BCS crap?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Rose Bowl is actually pretty terrible in its pretension and unjustified sense of superiority. It's the Michigan Man of bowl games.
                        I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Except their payout is huge.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
                            The Rose Bowl is actually pretty terrible in its pretension and unjustified sense of superiority. It's the Michigan Man of bowl games.
                            I'm just going to deftly step over this Guynemer Trap and continue on my merry way without so much as a harrrumph.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well-played, Guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Well-played, Guy.
                                Thanks, Tex. I have my moments.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X