No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU has looked mortal on several occasions. Boston College?

They get big credit for the Clemson shellacking, and likely will beat Miami handily, yes--but both of those teams are very overrated. Clemson struggled against a severely depleted Maryland squad this weekend, while Miami almost lost to Wake. I don't think FSU is any stronger than Oregon at dealing with very overmatched opponents.

I also think both of them would struggle against Bama's defense, which is playing lights-out right now.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The funny thing is that I think Florida State is stronger than Oregon (and could beat Alabama). Though Oregon deserves a NCG win. Although, it'd be great if all 3 were undefeated and FSU destroyed their bowl opponent (as they are doing with everyone) and Alabama v. Oregon is close.
      Once again - it's Alabama, Baylor and then FSU. Baylor plays Okie State, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU and Tech. In a row.
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 28, 2013, 13:58.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Several? Boston College was one game... and the only one they've given up more than 17 points.

Clemson really only struggled against Maryland early, still trying to get over their shellacking last week I imagine. I mean, Clemson ended up with 551 yards of offense. That's struggling?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, Clemson was slow to start, but they ultimately curbstomped Maryland. FSU is legit.

In the unlikely event that both FSU & Oregon go undefeated, Oregon's strength of schedule will almost certainly be much higher, however. Might be higher than Bama's, as well.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Not that I necessarily see it happening, but I'd love for Auburn to make the NCG Oregon vs. FSU.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Not that I necessarily see it happening, but I'd love for Auburn to make the NCG Oregon vs. FSU.
              I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was LSU. LSU.

We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Comment

• No, I hate LSU.

Also, LSU is next week, while Auburn is last game of the season (well, aside from SEC Championship). There would be nothing more delicious than the last game AND the rival knocking Alabama off.

Comment

• After watching Alabama-Tennessee and Oregon-Tennessee both very closely, I have to say that I think the Tide would take the Ducks. Didn't really feel that way until I saw how both matched up against the same team. Bama is now clearly the #1 team to me.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Why? It seemed Oregon did a much better job. If you look at total yards, Oregon gave up less yards and ran up far more (like far, far more) than Alabama did against Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Why? It seemed Oregon did a much better job. If you look at total yards, Oregon gave up less yards and ran up far more (like far, far more) than Alabama did against Tennessee.
                      Oregon was able to beat Tennessee with speed initially. Bama has the team speed to compete with that. Bama never seemed to be out of position while several times Oregon would look misaligned on defense. In short, Bama has the speed to compete with the Ducks, but Oregon doesn't have the precision and discipline to keep up with the Tide. And this is coming from a major Bama hater,
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Yeah, Clemson was slow to start, but they ultimately curbstomped Maryland. FSU is legit.

In the unlikely event that both FSU & Oregon go undefeated, Oregon's strength of schedule will almost certainly be much higher, however. Might be higher than Bama's, as well.
                        I never said FSU wasn't legit, I just don't see anything that leads me to believe they're better than Oregon overall. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think both would fare about the same against Alabama, which is to say both would be underdogs.

I don't think it's unlikely both teams win out, either. Each really only has one team left in their schedules that are expected to really challenge them: Stanford and Miami.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                          Oregon was able to beat Tennessee with speed initially. Bama has the team speed to compete with that. Bama never seemed to be out of position while several times Oregon would look misaligned on defense. In short, Bama has the speed to compete with the Ducks, but Oregon doesn't have the precision and discipline to keep up with the Tide. And this is coming from a major Bama hater,
                          So misaligned they shut out TN for essentially 3 quarters.

Oregon's D has been very good this season, and they've only improved since TN. There are many categories in which they are statistically better than FSU's D, such as being tied for 11th in sacks, while FSU is tied for 42nd. Interceptions? Oregon is tied for 8th, FSU 22nd. Given the length of time they spend on the field thanks to Oregon's ludicrous-speed offense, what they've done is pretty impressive. Neither team has a D that is as scary as Bama's, that's for sure.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                            So misaligned they shut out TN for essentially 3 quarters.
                            Speed is an amazing thing. I have caught a few quarters of Dregon football since they pounded my beloved Vols. Oregon is an incredibly good football team and I sure meant no disrespect to that. But...yes, they were misaligned several times against UT, but UT didn't have the speed to take advantage of it.

Oregon's D has been very good this season, and they've only improved since TN. There are many categories in which they are statistically better than FSU's D, such as being tied for 11th in sacks, while FSU is tied for 42nd. Interceptions? Oregon is tied for 8th, FSU 22nd. Given the length of time they spend on the field thanks to Oregon's ludicrous-speed offense, what they've done is pretty impressive.
                            Oregon being good on defense is not huge surprise...everyone knew the talent that they have on that side of the ball, I don't know...maybe FSU was the same? I know they have sure surprised the hell out of me on defense.

Neither team has a D that is as scary as Bama's, that's for sure.
                            Coach Satan continues to gather evil souls to torment the righteous of the SEC.

Comment

• **** **** **** ********ing mother****ing ****stained taintlicking ****aroo.

Comment

• Whatever. **** it. Football is stupid. Offensive lines are stupid. Offensive coordinators are stupid. I don't give a rat**** anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X