No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone cheering for Sandusky State vs tOSU?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Oregon's defense is saving me from an anyeurism.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I guess 42-14 is acceptable.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Who put the nickel in Minnesota?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 1. Alabama
              2. Baylor
              3. Fresno
              4. NIU
              5. Florida State
              6. Miami
              7. tOSU
              8. Oregon (8)
              9. Texas Tech
              10.Houston
              11.Awbrun
              12.Oklahoma St
              13.Oklahoma
              14.Mizzou
              15.UCF
              16.Louisville
              17.Ball State
              18.Michigan State
              19.Clemson
              20.Michigan
              21.Stanford
              22.Texas A+M
              23.BYU
              24.Sakerlina
              25.LSU

On the bubble:

1. Virginia Tech
              2. Cincinnati
              3. Oregon State
              4. Arizona
              5. Arizona State

Welcome back, LSU and Sakerlina.

Brigham Young is also in the top 25. Good to see them back, but sadly at the expense of Boise. If Fresno loses, they'll drop to 15 behind UCF and everyone else moves up one - bringing NIU to 3!

Who here would love an Oregon/NIU bowl?
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 27, 2013, 01:51.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.

Comment

• It would be a joke. But it's fun to watch NIU creep into the national consciousness; I have several friends who are alums.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It would be a joke. But it's fun to watch NIU creep into the national consciousness; I have several friends who are alums.
                  They've earned it. Going undefeated is tough.

I would love to see NIU and Fresno get a shot against the big teams if they go undefeated. Fresno + tOSU would be a hoot.

What would make me sad is if they did another 'separate but equal' bowl with Fresno vs NIU like they did for BSU and TCU.

Comment

• UNDEFEATED REPORT

Vaya con Dios: Dust Aggie, Meth Tigers

REMAINING (8)

ACC(2): Florida State (vs. Miami), Miami (at Florida State)
                    Big 12 (1): Baylor (open date)
                    B1G (1): Ohio State (at Purdue)
                    MAC (1): Northern Illinois (at UMass)
                    MWC (1): Fresno State (vs. Nevada)
                    Pac-12 (1): Oregon (open date)
                    SEC (1): Alabama (open date)

One game between undefeated teams, and then a bunch of open dates and the next best thing to open dates.

>95%: NIU, Ohio State
                    85-95%: Fresno State
                    70-85%: Florida State
                    Big underdog: Miami

Other than the loser of FSU-Miami (which is all of us), no one else is gonna go down this week, despite OSU's history of derpitude at Purdue.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 1. Oregon
                      1A. Alabama
                      1B. Florida State
                      4. Baylor
                      5. Ohio State
                      6. Stanford
                      7. Oklahoma
                      8. Auburn
                      9. Clemson
                      10. Miami

Near (to 10, nowhere near the top 5-7): Missouri, LSU, Louisville, Texas A&M, UCLA, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, South Carolina
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• No Okie State? What did they do to incur your wrath?

Comment

• 1. Alabama
                          2. Oregon
                          3. FSU
                          4. Baylor

5. Ohio State
                          6. Stanford
                          7. Auburn
                          8. Oklahoma

9. Clemson (probably overrated)
                          10. Miami (probably way overrated)

Hovering out there: Oklahoma State (the WVU loss still looks terrible, haven't beaten any good teams), TAMU (best 2-loss team?), Missouri (back down to earth), Fresno State (haven't played anybody of note), NIU (same story), UCLA, UCF, Louisville, LSU (looked awful yesterday against... Furman?)

The Ducks have a week and a half to prepare to go to Stanford for the biggest game of their regular season. I'm optimistic because the Ducks are playing better on both sides of the ball this year while Stanford is playing worse. The Stanford loss last year was also the only time the Oregon offense sputtered, and they were greatly beaten up after the marathon USC game the week before. Given that the Oregon State defense held Stanford to 20 points, and they aren't nearly as good as Oregon's D, I don't see the Furd scoring a ton of points. So I have to hope the offensive struggles yesterday in the first half (the Ducks O made mistake after mistake in the first half, blanked UCLA 28-0 in the second) are out of their system. But that gaffe-filled first half also worries me.

I don't see anyone left in FSU's schedule that leads me to believe they'll lose a game. Miami looked bad today and was lucky to pull out a last-minute victory over Wake. The other teams left in their schedule should be walk-overs. Alabama will face LSU and Auburn, and while those will be stiffer challenges than most for the Tide, I think they will be heavily favored in both games. So of the top 3, I'd say Oregon is the one with the most likely change of losing a game. If they win out, odds are strong they'll jump FSU in the BCS rankings based on SoS and it will finally be Alabama-Oregon in the NCG.
                          Last edited by Boris Godunov; October 27, 2013, 13:13.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I don't see anyone left in FSU's schedule that leads me to believe they'll lose a game. Miami looked bad today and was lucky to pull out a last-minute victory over Wake. The other teams left in their schedule should be walk-overs. Alabama will face LSU and Auburn, and while those will be stiffer challenges than most for the Tide, I think they will be heavily favored in both games. So of the top 3, I'd say Oregon is the one with the most likely change of losing a game. If they win out, odds are strong they'll jump FSU in the BCS rankings based on SoS and it will finally be Alabama-Oregon in the NCG.
                            Not with Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State for Baylor if they run the table. Right now it's Baylor/Alabama then probably tOSU and FSU if nobody loses a game.

Comment

• Huh, Oregon jumps to the BCS #2 already:

Well that seals it. As long as Oregon keeps winning, they'll only solidify their #2, as they have the strongest remaining SoS. The Ducks control their own destiny.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The funny thing is that I think Florida State is stronger than Oregon (and could beat Alabama). Though Oregon deserves a NCG win. Although, it'd be great if all 3 were undefeated and FSU destroyed their bowl opponent (as they are doing with everyone) and Alabama v. Oregon is close.

I kind of feel sorry for Miami this Sat... but then again, it's Miami.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X