College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Many "experts" are predicting Oregon jumping to Number 1. I don't see it. I have nothing against Oregon, but I don't see it.
    Oregon will certainly move to #1 in the Coaches Poll, yes, and they might be No. 1 in the BCS standings. I've not seen anything from the other two undefeated teams that makes me think they're better than Oregon. Notre Dame has a better defense, KSU has a small edge at QB (debatable, though--Mariota just had a 377 yard, 6-TD game), but Oregon has the best overall offense in the country and would rack up massive points on either of them. So the issue becomes, could either score enough on Oregon to win? Given that USC's offense, which is certainly one of the best in the country, couldn't do that playing at home in what was certainly their best game of the year, I don't think ND or KSU could, either.
    Last edited by Boris Godunov; November 11, 2012, 04:50.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Final 59-17 Oregon. For starting out as the most frightening first half of football that Oregon has played all season, the second half followed the script: racking up points while forcing lots of turnovers. Oregon should be #1 tomorrow. But jebus, their defense needs to get healthy for Stanford.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Told ya TAMU was the best in Texas.
        You were quite right at that. Sadly a down year for TCU.

As for Oregon vs KSU - KSU has beaten a ridiculous number of ranked, or formerly ranked and bowl eligible teams, 5 in their own conference alone.

Edit - Fixed.
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 11, 2012, 11:20.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• KSU. KU sucks.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I *did* say KSU earlier. Bah.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I wanted to see Bama go down in the title game, at the hands of the Ducks. C'est la vie.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• If the SEC doesn't have a team in the title game, the terrorists win.

TAMU are clearly al Qaeda sympathizers.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I wanted to see Bama go down in the title game, at the hands of the Ducks. C'est la vie.
                  No reason why that still couldn't happen. KSU will have its hands full with Texas, and ND is probably going to lose at USC.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• It's crazy how quickly A&M became the most nationally relevant team in Texas after moving to the SEC.

Comment

• YOU

The refs have certainly been kind to you the last two weeks, Drake.

(Not that it would ultimately matter; we'd still have to beat anOSU, which seems unlikely with Denard on the sideline.)

Comment

• 1. The announcers were ridiculous last night. That replay was not conclusive and borderline calls go to the home team. Chris Spielman can go **** himself.

2. Seriously, you're mad that we beat Sparty and Sandusky State?

Comment

• 3. We're still fully capable of crapping the bed against Minnesota or Iowa, giving you guys the inside track for the West division title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                            1. The announcers were ridiculous last night. That replay was not conclusive and borderline calls go to the home team. Chris Spielman can go **** himself.
                            No, it was clear as ****ing day.

2. Seriously, you're mad that we beat Sparty and Sandusky State?
                            Not particularly, no. Just the manner in which both wins happened made it the worst of both worlds.

3. We're still fully capable of crapping the bed against Minnesota or Iowa, giving you guys the inside track for the West division title.
                            I suppose it is possible; both of those schools are usually liable for a LOLwut victory each year, and we haven't seen one yet (save Corn over Sparty).

But you forgot your best rebuttal:

4. None of that would've mattered had Michigan beaten Nebraska.

I never liked the idea of putting Gardner in at WR, and it bit us right on the ass in that game.

Comment

• It's crazy how quickly A&M became the most nationally relevant team in Texas after moving to the SEC.
                              They finally found a division they could win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                1. The announcers were ridiculous last night. That replay was not conclusive and borderline calls go to the home team. Chris Spielman can go **** himself.
                                No. Just watched the replay without sound, clear touchdown.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X