No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see your reading comprehension has gotten none the better!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I understood you, Imran. I know you feel compelled to talk out your ass though.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That was a pretty awesome bowl season for the last hurrah of the BCS. I've taken a wait-and-see attitude towards the new system, but I do find it a bit ironic that so many sports news outlets are cheering the end of the BCS era while at the same time raving about entertaining this post-season has been.

Best Bowl Game: Orange Bowl. This was everything one could want in a college football game: back-and-forth lead changes, great plays on offense and defense, the game coming down to the last minute and Ohio State losing in the end. Who could want for more?

Biggest Bowl Upset: While the Fiesta Bowl held this honor for a brief moment, Oklahoma's Sugar Bowl rout of Alabama takes this honor. As with Baylor, Alabama was favored by 17 points over its opponent. While Baylor lost by 10, the Tide lost by 14. I believe that officially makes it the biggest BCS bowl upset of all time.

Worst Bowl Match-up: Sun Bowl (#17 UCLA v. Virginia Tech) The 3rd best team in the Pac 12 (Arizona State proved they weren't) deserved to be matched with a more formidable foe, and proved it with a 42-12 beatdown.

Most Embarassing Loss: Washington State blew a 15-point lead in the final four minutes of the New Mexico Bowl and lost to Colorado State as a result. Quintessential "Couging It."
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• It really was a good one.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hey, Guy, it's official: Borges is gone!!!
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I would celebrate, but I just spent seven hours moving **** out of my office since the pipes burst and everything was flooded, and I'm in too much physical pain to even smile.

But good ****ing riddance.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                I would celebrate, but I just spent seven hours moving **** out of my office since the pipes burst and everything was flooded, and I'm in too much physical pain to even smile.
                Well, I'm sure you can find some pills for that.

Holy cow, CBS Sports says U-M's hiring Alabama OC Doug Nussmeier!
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• This is an FSU fan site, but this is very interesting:

ESPN's cameras appear to catch Kelvin Benjamin telling Jimbo Fisher that Auburn coach Dameyune Craig was calling out Florida State's plays.

ESPN's cameras capture audio appearing to come from receiver Kelvin Benjamin, shouting at and over a discussion between Jameis Winston and Jimbo Fisher. "Dameyune [Craig] calling [out] all the plays," the audio says. Craig, of course, coached for Fisher from 2010 to 2012 before leaving for Auburn.

In response, Jimbo Fisher's offense used towels to shield the playcalls from Auburn.

After Benjamin shouts that, Florida State runs 30 pays for 229 yards. Its yards-per-play increased by about 75-percent, more commensurate with the highest scoring offense in college football history.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• This may be one of the greatest trolls in college football history:

Alabama has hired former USC coach Lane Kiffin as its offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, the Crimson Tide announced Friday.

The sides agreed to a three-year deal, a source said.

Comment

• So we hire Alabama's OC, because they wanted to replace him with Kiffin?

Has Saban lost his mind?

Comment

• I think you are confusing cause and effect. Kiffin was hired because you hired Alabama's OC (mostly because I'm sure he realizes there is a good shot at him becoming the new HC at Michigan not too long from now).

Comment

• Well... Kiffin was brought in as "an adviser" before Alabama's bowl game. The writing was on the wall.

Comment

• Considering that Nussmeier is one of the 5 highest paid coordinators in college football now and is getting paid more than Kiffin, I think that any consideration of Kiffin was if Nussmeier was actually going to leave.

Comment

• Hilarious. Saban is a world class troll.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X