• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEORGIA?!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That's kind of crazy... until you realize that Georgia is, for whatever reason, 12th in the AP poll and 11th in the Coaches Polls (I know the AP isn't counted in the BCS anymore - but it was just to get an example of what human polling looks like).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Most of you won't care, but Ben and Tubes might.

SportsDayDFW.com’s ‘Best in Texas’ poll (Week 8): Texas Tech new No. 1 (and it’s unanimous!); Texas A&M still leads the rest despite loss

By Scott Bell
        sbell@dallasnews.com
        11:02 am on October 21, 2012

One week after the first shakeup at the top of our “Best in Texas” poll, we have another one, and for the first time all season, there’s a No. 1 team that every voter agrees on.

The Texas Tech Red Raiders, fresh off a dramatic 3OT win on the road vs. TCU, got every first-place vote possible and becomes the third in-state school to reach the top of our “Best in Texas” poll. This completes a slow climb to the top for Texas Tech, who spent the first five editions of our poll in the No. 5 spot despite winning all of its games. The Red Raiders finally made a big jump from a tie for fourth to second place (while garnering three first-place votes) last week after dominating West Virginia. The wait for the last and final jump was just one week, as the Red Raiders benefited from No. 1 Texas A&M’s home loss to LSU this past weekend. The Aggies’ loss means every in-state school now has at least two losses save for Texas Tech, making the Red Raiders’ bump to No. 1 a near-no brainer.

Despite suffering its second home loss of the season over the weekend, Texas A&M fell just one spot and was the unanimous choice at No. 2. It probably helps that those two losses are to top-10 squads from the powerful SEC conference. Round out the top 5 was TCU at No. 3, Texas at No. 4 and Baylor at No. 5.

TCU had a slim lead over Texas for the No. 3 spot last week, and despite TCU’s loss to Texas Tech and Texas’ win over Baylor, voters kept the order “as is” given how close of a loss TCU suffered to Texas Tech and how underwhelming Texas’ win over Baylor was — the Longhorns yielded 50 points in the winning effort.

This week’s full poll can be viewed below:

1. Texas Tech (11) — 110

2. Texas A&M — 99

3. TCU — 84

4. Texas — 81

5. Baylor — 66

6. SMU — 54

7. Houston — 35

8. North Texas — 25

9. Texas State — 18

10. UTEP — 17
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 1. Alabama
          2. Oregon
          3. Kansas State
          4. Florida
          5. Notre Dame
          6. Oregon State
          7. Oklahoma
          8. LSU
          9. USC
          10. Texas Tech

Per usual, that last group could easily be replaced with any number of other 1 (or even 2) loss squads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            7. Oklahoma
            Oklahoma seems far better than #7, IMO. I believe Sagarin's #2 "pure points" ranking.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• You'd put them over an undefeated squad? And if Sagarin has them at #2, does he have Kansas State, who was the one to beat them at #1?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• K-State

Comment

• Most of you won't care, but Ben and Tubes might.
                  Tech's earned 'best in Texas'. IMO.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• In more than just your opinion.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Marcus Lattimore's football career is likely over. Looked like his leg was almost broken in half... unbelievably gruesome. Awful.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• That was ****ing horrifying. Damned shame, he's a very talented player.

Northwestern is ****ing demolishing Iowa. Their choke job against Nebraska last week could bite them on the ass in a major way.

Comment

• Rutgers getting their doors blown off by the MACTION

Sparty doing their most Sparty of Sparties

WLOCP utterly unwatchable

Oregon doing unspeakable things to the dessicated corpse of Colorado

I love College Football

Comment

• My Raiders are getting battered. That's OK. Retreat and regroup. Guns up!

Comment

• I feel so bad that there hasn't been any college football since just prior to the Wisconsin/Michigan State game last year.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Oregon wins 70-14.

Florida loses to Georgia.

USC loses to Arizona.

Overall, a glorious football Saturday so far!
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X