No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State is horrifically overrated; they are not the same team as last few years.

UMass' only TD came on an INT return; their offense did not see the end zone. The triple-option Air Force game came the week after the snuff film that was Alabama; I was just relieved that we actually won, as that was the very definition of a trap game.

Notre Dame was held to 239 total yards; Purdue, 213. Both of those teams are better than any team BYU has played so far this year (maybe BSU is equivalent to Purdue).

I expected BYU to get destroyed by the Beavers, but that was before their QB went down. Their defense should still hold BYU to under 10, since the Cougars have already stuggled to meet that benchmark against a pair of defenses inferior to the Beavers. That may well be enough to win for BYU, as Oregon State's offense was anemic before, and is likely to be a Tulane-level tire fire this week. Georgia Tech is terrible this year, and just fired their coordinator. Notre Dame is going to annihilate BYU.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm not giving up on the Beavers until they actually lose a game. I want to believe in Beavers/Cocks 2013.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• I also want to believe that Ann Arbor is better than Columbus.

Comment

• I lived in each city for eight years (and counting).

Ann Arbor is better.

Comment

• I want to believe you're unbiased about this.

Comment

• I freely admit Ohio Stadium blows Michigan Stadium away.

Ann Arbor is better than Columbus, full stop. It is close enough to Detroit to benefit from the amenities a big city brings, but far enough away to avoid the detriments. Columbus fails that particular test. Plus, Ann Arbor has Zingerman's. I'm gonna drop the mic right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Stanford visits Notre Dame; if the Irish win this one, they will have the best resume of any team so far this year, and no one will even be close. I don't think Notre Dame is that good, but neither is Stanford; edge to the Irish.
                  I think it's difficult to judge a team that has a good defense and a poor-to-middling offense.

They will probably rack up the wins, but they will need to generate some offense against the big opponents.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I freely admit Ohio Stadium blows Michigan Stadium away.

Ann Arbor is better than Columbus, full stop. It is close enough to Detroit to benefit from the amenities a big city brings, but far enough away to avoid the detriments. Columbus fails that particular test. Plus, Ann Arbor has Zingerman's. I'm gonna drop the mic right there.
                    Columbus does kind of suck. But Ann Arbor can't be much more than a 2 bit college town.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      Columbus does kind of suck. But Ann Arbor can't be much more than a 2 bit college town.
                      QFT. You can't claim Detroit to get around the fact that Ann Arbor is a podunk college town.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Plus, Ann Arbor has Zingerman's. I'm gonna drop the mic right there.
                      Columbus has Katzinger's Deli, *****.

Comment

Boise State is horrifically overrated; they are not the same team as last few years.

UMass' only TD came on an INT return; their offense did not see the end zone. The triple-option Air Force game came the week after the snuff film that was Alabama; I was just relieved that we actually won, as that was the very definition of a trap game.

Notre Dame was held to 239 total yards; Purdue, 213. Both of those teams are better than any team BYU has played so far this year (maybe BSU is equivalent to Purdue).

I expected BYU to get destroyed by the Beavers, but that was before their QB went down. Their defense should still hold BYU to under 10, since the Cougars have already stuggled to meet that benchmark against a pair of defenses inferior to the Beavers. That may well be enough to win for BYU, as Oregon State's offense was anemic before, and is likely to be a Tulane-level tire fire this week. Georgia Tech is terrible this year, and just fired their coordinator. Notre Dame is going to annihilate BYU.

Since BYU lost their second starting QB of the season, I have to agree.

Well their first starting QB will play the rest of the way, I guess.
                        ACK!
                        Last edited by Tuberski; October 9, 2012, 23:28.
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Hey, Beano Cook died... RIP.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• LOL @ Texas
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              QFT. You can't claim Detroit to get around the fact that Ann Arbor is a podunk college town.

Columbus has Katzinger's Deli, *****.
                              Somehow didn't see this post.

Katzinger's is a poor man's version of the poor man's Zingerman's.

Comment

• yea.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X