No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State barely beats Indiana and somehow we're 7th. Okay...

We're not good. michigan is gonna beat us this year.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You're good! You have to be good! If you weren't good, last week would be even more humiliating! :fetalposition:

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        Ohio State barely beats Indiana and somehow we're 7th. Okay...

We're not good. michigan is gonna beat us this year.
        I had my doubts until this last weekend. OSU allowing 49 to the Hoosiers, coupled with Borges finally figuring out how to use Denard, and a soupcon of Mattison's defensive wizardry, leads me to think Michigan really ought to go 9-0 in the conference. Not that that will actually happen--we're destined to dicktrip at some point--but we ought to go 9-0. Unless Notre Dame was the inevitable dicktrip, which they may well have been.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Better than Stanford and Michigan, "for certain"?

Man, I don't know about that. Those are two pretty good defenses you're throwing under the bus.
          Clearly, I did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. Beg pardon.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Well, to be fair, I expect Oregon to annihilate Stanford to nearly the same extent as ASU, as they would Michigan.

That says more about the Ducks than the Cardinal or Wolverines, however. They seem to be the only team that has so much as a puncher's chance against the Tide.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Final 43-21. But it was 43-7 at halftime, and the Ducks didn't allow ASU to score again until 4th-quarter garbage time against the scrubs.

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised that Kelly took his foot off the gas completely in the second half. They could have put up 60+ on ASU if they wanted. I guess he really doesn't give a **** about the rankings and "making a statement."
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, to be fair, I expect Oregon to annihilate Stanford to nearly the same extent as ASU, as they would Michigan.
                I don't agree at this point. ASU really hadn't played anyone of note yet, so my estimation of their prowess was unwarranted. Their loss to the utterly mediocre Mizzou should have been the clue. I think they were exposed on both sides of the ball.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                  Final 43-21. But it was 43-7 at halftime, and the Ducks didn't allow ASU to score again until 4th-quarter garbage time against the scrubs.

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised that Kelly took his foot off the gas completely in the second half. They could have put up 60+ on ASU if they wanted. I guess he really doesn't give a **** about the rankings and "making a statement."
                  Wouldn't that be,,, making a statement?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Hey Tex, you ready for the game?!
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It's on, Tex.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Rutgers 7-0!!!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 21-20 TT leads TCU at half.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Heck of a game. 21-20 at the half. Tuberville squibbed to keep pace with the Frogs. TCU dominating TOP, but with an INT by Boykins.

Dammit Slowwy! X-post.

Texas ATM lost to Les Miles who played rope-a-dope, lulling them to sleep and then forced some turnovers to win. "Welcome to the SEC Aggies."

Comment

• Wow, this is not my year for football. Congrats Slowwy.

Comment

Boise State is horrifically overrated; they are not the same team as last few years.

UMass' only TD came on an INT return; their offense did not see the end zone. The triple-option Air Force game came the week after the snuff film that was Alabama; I was just relieved that we actually won, as that was the very definition of a trap game.

Notre Dame was held to 239 total yards; Purdue, 213. Both of those teams are better than any team BYU has played so far this year (maybe BSU is equivalent to Purdue).

I expected BYU to get destroyed by the Beavers, but that was before their QB went down. Their defense should still hold BYU to under 10, since the Cougars have already stuggled to meet that benchmark against a pair of defenses inferior to the Beavers. That may well be enough to win for BYU, as Oregon State's offense was anemic before, and is likely to be a Tulane-level tire fire this week. Georgia Tech is terrible this year, and just fired their coordinator. Notre Dame is going to annihilate BYU.
                                Well, BYU allowed 4 more points than Michigan, but scored 8 more.

Really if BYU had any kind of offense, they would have crushed ND.

BYU allowed 389 yards vs. Michigan's 239.

ACK!
                                Last edited by Tuberski; October 20, 2012, 18:56.
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X