This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very true. Reed is MVP.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• No, the chicago weather is
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Thank you Sproles.

Lost us the game.

Sproles 10-26.
        Bennett 4-19.

Why does Norv keep running him between the tackles? He's great as a scatback but he sucks as a RB.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Nice finish BAL@SD... who'd have thought BAL-SD would be an offensive struggle?? 31-26 final, after a nice stop by Ray Lewis on 4th down coming through unblocked to knock down Sproles in the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Thank you Sproles.

Lost us the game.
            I wouldn't look to him... your OL wasn't worth **** on that final play, at least. Lewis was unblocked, LT isn't going anywhere either.

In general, I think the SD Defense is probably mostly to blame, but I didn't watch most of it.

Comment

• Having LT and Sproles in the same backfield would be nice.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I wouldn't look to him... your OL wasn't worth **** on that final play, at least. Lewis was unblocked, LT isn't going anywhere either.
                Sproles 10-26 is simply unacceptable. They fed him the ball 7 times in the red zone, for a result of 0 touchdowns.

0. I was hearing everyone brag about how he could score TDs, and this time he had 7 chances to do it, and he just can't get it done.

Great in space, great in the receiving game, but **** as a RB.

In general, I think the SD Defense is probably mostly to blame, but I didn't watch most of it.
                SD defense did what they were supposed to do. They stopped the Ravens in the fourth quarter. They held McGahee to under 100 yards rushing. Rice and McLain were hopeless. They gave the ball to Rivers twice to win, and the first time he threw an INT.

Then they come up huge and stop the Ravens, after Rivers threw a pick. Rivers has the ball again.

Over and over again, they struggled with 3-1, 2-2 anything that was an obvious rushing down.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben, you're being too hard on Sproles. He didn't do what he wanted, but I would look at the OL, too. snoopy is right.

Comment

• I'm not really angry at Sproles, I'm mad at Norv for running him in plays which do not work. 4-2 the last play I do is Sproles up the gut. Hadn't worked all day, wasn't going to work then.

Comment

• I'd wait until you faced a D other than BAL to start criticizing Sproles. Not only does everyone have a bad game, but BAL's D is incredibly hard to run against. Looking at the folks with the tackles, it looks like he got tacked by linebackers most of the time, which suggests it's largely the fault of the O line

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        Hmm, I think he has. Even if not, everyone hates the Pats, so it's forgiveable. I certainly was cheering them [and picked them in the Pick'em, though that was because of the spread].

Pats are OK. (Brady's da man! Though not today, I gather.) I really hate the Jets!
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• He did terrible against Oakland as well, running between the tackles.

Can't wait for LT to get back next week!

Comment

• SD missing both LT and their all-pro nose tackle is a prescription for trouble. They settled for 4 FGs under 30 yds - couldn't punch it in and Rivers had 2 INTs. Trying to pin it on Sproles -- who had a long TD early -- is just kind of bitter and sad. It's not like the Baltimore run defense is chopped liver.

(lol as everyone else has made these points already -- I typed the above before dinner)
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm bitter he didn't run Bennett instead of Sproles short. Sproles is great in space, horrible at 3-1. What's the whole point of having Bennett there?

Comment

• NYG get pick six, now up 10-7.
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X