Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the only team that could beat Dallas last night was Dallas. Unfortunately for Sloww, they did. NYG offense was basically 'throw the ball deep to Smith/Manningham' with very little run offense, and absolutely no defense except for 'wait for Tony Romo to throw a stupid pass'. I don't think a single one of the INTs was due to defensive prowess; they were all stupid throws by Romo, except for the Witten kick-INT which was just bad luck.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• As the secondary apparently couldn't stop Manningham and Smith (and could stop the run), it was a good offensive strategy by the Giants. Very 70s/80s Raiders-esque.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh, absolutely, but against a non-INTing quarterback on the other side, the Giants lose by 20 with that strategy... lots of long passes is not usually a winning strategy with no run offense, unless you have Randy Moss or such, and Manningham/Smith are not Randy Moss.

Comment

• Yep... The Giants got lucky last night. Granted, you have to make your own luck, but they could have (and should have) been blown out. The Dallas offense looks TOUGH. If it wasn't for Romo's bad passes, and a little luck, it wouldn't even have been close. But that's all you have to do in the NFL is win. There are no "pictures" in the standings.

The Bears were like that too in a way. After watching the first quarter, it looked like the Bears were going to get slaughtered. But they got their act together and took advantage of Pitt missing two field goals. It very well should have been a Pitt victory. At the start of the season, most Bear's fans would have been happy to go 1 - 1 in the first two games. Thanks to a miracle, that's where the Bears are now.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            No Miami love?

But I've been reading how the OL didn't do a good job in the first game, and they've got the Colts visiting tonight.

Then @ SD, Buf, NYJ. bye, NO, @ NYJ, @ NE.

I'm thinking things might not go as well as last year.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Lions were up at halftime, but rallied to lose to the s. Streak at 0-19.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Big question is, who's worse? WAS or DET? How many people will stick with picking against DET this week in Survivor? Over-under on that, excluding me as I know my own opinion, is 4...

Comment

• Tampering?
                  The San Francisco 49ers, mired in a contract impasse with first-round draft pick Michael Crabtree, have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the New York Jets, the New York Daily News has reported, citing unnamed sources.

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan talks about the Jets' big win over the Patriots and the play of rookie QB Mark Sanchez. Plus, he comments on the tampering allegations made by the 49ers against the Jets.

The Jets denied the allegations through a spokesman, the paper reported.

"We'll let the NFL figure that one out," Jets coach Rex Ryan said Monday on "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I think it's ridiculous, personally."

According to the Daily News, specifics of the allegations weren't known.

"I wish we were playing them," Ryan said of the 49ers.

The 49ers refused to comment on the report.

"These are internal matters that are handled by the league so we are not going to comment," 49ers spokesman Bob Lange told ESPN.

The newspaper reported the Jets continue to covet a big-name receiver after failing to land Percy Harvin in this year's draft. Harvin was picked 22nd by the Minnesota Vikings.

49ers team president Jed York has said he recently tried to schedule a face-to-face meeting with Crabtree and his representative, Eugene Parker, but hadn't heard back.

The 49ers have until Nov. 17 to sign Crabtree -- the 10th overall pick -- in order for him to play this season.

After Aug. 14, the Niners no longer were permitted to trade Crabtree's rights. The next point he can be traded is at the start of the 2010 trading period on March 5. If Crabtree is not signed and he is not traded, he would go back into the April draft.

Crabtree, who turned 22 this past Monday, hasn't accepted the 49ers' offer for approximately five years and $20 million with a reported $16 million guaranteed.

Oakland Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, the No. 7 choice, signed a five-year contract that will guarantee him at least $23.5 million.

Jacksonville Jaguars top pick Eugene Monroe, taken eighth overall, signed a five-year, $25 million contract that includes $19 million guaranteed.

There have been multiple reports in the past month, including from his cousin, that Crabtree would re-enter the draft in 2010 and wait for the money he thinks he deserves.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his college career with 231 receptions for 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.
                  This could turn into a soap opera.

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  Big question is, who's worse? WAS or DET? How many people will stick with picking against DET this week in Survivor? Over-under on that, excluding me as I know my own opinion, is 4...
                  Washington's defense ensures they have a chance to win any game. Washington's offense ensures they have a (good) chance to lose any game. This game will not be in my Survivor this week.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• D'OH! FG instead of TD.

Miami has been able to run - that'll help keep Peyton off the field. But - want Miami TDs!

Comment

• Frak. WTF, Ginn, catch the damn ball! Blew a chance in the end zone.

Comment

• Actually, he blew a chance early in the game, too. ****ER!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                          This could turn into a soap opera.
                          Could?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Could?
                              Nobody's pregnant yet.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Bad news for the Boys:

We'll update this storystream throughout the week with injury news from around the NFL leading up to Week 3. And don't worry: we didn't forget about Hasselbeck -- he has his own storystream here.

Barber is out for 2 weeks.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Working...
                                X