Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football -- Better Than Ever

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kansas and Missouri fattened up on the dregs of the Big 12 and nonconference scheduling; as soon as they matched up with the powers of the Big 12 South, they were put in their proper position as second-tier teams.

    And you said "Nebraska and Missouri would be the 3rd and 4th best teams in the Big Ten." Beyond how debatable that is, that means the top two teams in the North compare favorably to 82% of the Big 10. The rest of the Big 12 North? Kansas State? Colorado? Come on.

    Look, I'm not saying the Big 10 is good. It, too, is rightfully maligned. But come on, Drake, stop trolling. Since Nebraska's #3 finish in 1999, the only Big 12 North team to finish in the AP top five was Missouri a couple years ago. In fact, since 2002, '07 was the only year the Big 12 North put any teams at all in the Top Ten. That's a far, far worse record than the Big 10, where OSU, Michigan, PSU, and Iowa have all had multiple finishes in the Top Ten, as well as an appearance by Wisconsin.


    Frankly, I have no idea why we are arguing. The Big 12 North is rightfully maligned. It has been mediocre, at best, for several years. It is, in fact, worse than the Big 10, which is really saying something, as the Big 10 has been at its absolute worst over the past several years.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

    Comment


    • Kansas and Missouri fattened up on the dregs of the Big 12 and nonconference scheduling; as soon as they matched up with the powers of the Big 12 South, they were put in their proper position as second-tier teams.


      Second-tier for the Big 12, but not second-tier nationally. The Big 12 South was ridiculously strong last year; Missouri and Kansas would've easily finished in the top-third of the Big Ten last season.

      The rest of the Big 12 North? Kansas State? Colorado? Come on.


      Illinois? Indiana? Northwestern? Come on.

      Since Nebraska's #3 finish in 1999, the only Big 12 North team to finish in the AP top five was Missouri a couple years ago. In fact, since 2002, '07 was the only year the Big 12 North put any teams at all in the Top Ten.


      It's harder for a Big 12 North team to finish in the top-ten than it is for Ohio State or Penn State (the only good teams in the Big Ten), because the Big 12 North teams have to play the extremely strong teams in the Big 12 South, both in the regular season and the Big 12 title game.

      It's intellectually dishonest to compare one division of a power-conference against the entirety of a weak conference like the Big Ten.

      Frankly, I have no idea why we are arguing.


      We're arguing because you chose to throw rocks in your glass house.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

      Comment


      • I never brought up the Big 10. You did.

        Can't believe I bit on the troll.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

        Comment


        • And I can't believe you think the Big 12 North is any worse than the Big Ten...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

          Comment


          • Neither can I.


            And tonight with Oklahoma kicking around an Idaho team shows exactly why teams should be docked in the polls for playing patsies in non-conference games. It was ridiculous. If these more powerful teams end up with an impacting injury, good.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

            Comment


            • Umm... huh?

              Oklahoma plays Tulsa this weekend, Sloww.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

              Comment


              • I think he meant the Idaho State game last weekend.

                Regardless, Sloww, your Longhorns don't have their hands cleaned either on that, playing Louisana-Monroe and Wyoming the first two weeks. At least Oklahoma played BYU in game 1. Are you going to rate down your Texas Longhorns for that and hope they get injuries?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                Comment


                • Georgia Tech looked really bad against Miami
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

                  https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

                  Comment


                  • Horrid actually. I was pleased .

                    Miami is starting to look pretty good. Could take the ACC.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      I think he meant the Idaho State game last weekend.

                      Regardless, Sloww, your Longhorns don't have their hands cleaned either on that, playing Louisana-Monroe and Wyoming the first two weeks. At least Oklahoma played BYU in game 1. Are you going to rate down your Texas Longhorns for that and hope they get injuries?
                      How many times do I have to acknowledge it, Imran? An opinion on such as this should include all teams. One day, you'll learn that you cheer one or two and hold all accountable, not cheer all and hold a few accountable.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                      Comment


                      • Well, I wonder why you never slag Texas when you make these pronouncements. It's peculiar to say the least.

                        Also your lies and misunderstandings are cute, but you are still a moron.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                        Comment


                        • You dare impugn Sloww's sense of fairness? Of course he includes Texas in his pronouncements when applicable. He just gives a random example instead of a list of every school. Sloww is known far and wide for his lack of bias and impartiality. Shame on you, Imran.
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

                          https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

                          Comment


                          • “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Horrid actually. I was pleased .

                              Miami is starting to look pretty good. Could take the ACC.
                              Unlike Someeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teams, they started the season vs two nationally ranked teams, and won.

                              I'm thrilled for my daughter. She's a big football fan, and has had to put up with some real boring football for the first three years of college there. Maybe now, in her final year, she will get a team worth supporting.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                                Rich Rod is a much better coach than Charlie Weis and a somewhat better coach than Jim Tressel.
                                By what metric?
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X