Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND has a veteran quarterback who has Heisman written all over him. The offense is stacked -- but admittedly a bit young -- at the skill positions. The offensive line is veteran and should be able to protect the QB.

The defense is veteran and stacked in the backfield. The linebackers are veteran but young (interesting combo). They should love playing in a Tenuta defense. Tenuta's defenses have a habit of being in the top 20. A shutout against Nevada was entirely unexpected given the last few years' results, so this defense could turn out to be rock solid.

The D-line (run) and the O-line (run) are the areas where ND is expected to be weak. But who knows if these weaknesses were turned around over the offseason.

ND should beat Michigan handily, if solely by the differential in quarterback experience -- this factor is sometimes overlooked by prognosticators. I see visions of Clausen to Tate over top of Michigan's defense all afternoon long. But you know and I know that the underdogs often do better in this series than expected. And Michigan should have a good run game, which tends to keep games within reach. Irish by a touchdown seems to me like as good a guess as any. Maybe Michigan by 3. Turnovers could play a big factor here, as they did last year.
    Last edited by DanS; September 9, 2009, 22:44.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Big 12, still.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Great games this weekend -- a rivalry mixup.

ND - Michigan in the afternoon. USC - OSU at night.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

ND by a TD, but I wouldn't be totally surprised by any outcome in that game, from a blowout for one side to a blowout for the other.

USC is going to flat out murder OSU. I will be mildly shocked if OSU keeps it within two scores. If they win, I'll probably need to lie down in a cool, dark room.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeh, I also expect USC to murder OSU. But I wouldn't mind seeing a competitive game.

I would be very surprised to see a blowout by Michigan of ND. But a Michigan win by a few points wouldn't.

Comment

Not even the swine flu can stop the Badgers!!!!

(Damn that was close)
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Looks like ND can score at will on Michigan. ND was robbed of 4 points on that touchdown that was reviewed.

Comment

Very surprised to see Michigan State lose. Thought they would be the 2nd or 3rd toughest opponent for ND this year. Maybe not.

Comment

Houston is up on Oklahoma State 24-7 at half and Texas is only up 13-10 against WYOMING at half?!!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• All ya'll who picked Texas to beat the spread have obviously never been to Laramie. It's high.

Glad to see Michigan State already picked up its one loss for the season.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It can be high. At game's end, Texas will have won.

Tebow on fire as No. 1 UF charges past Troy

What a bunch of crap. Go Florida! Slay mighty Troy!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Oklahoma State wakes up 24-21
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            What a bunch of crap. Go Florida! Slay mighty Troy!
                            Who exactly is Texas playing today again?

Comment

• Is your memory slipping? You just talked about it. At least it isn't in headlines like it's a big deal.

Comment

• A) Because the game isn't over and there isn't a headline yet, you moron!

B) And because Texas is struggling as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X