Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frozzy View Post
    You'll never convince me in a month of Sundays that Germany is a better side, man for man, than England.

Which makes it all the more baffling they were lucky to lose by only 4 goals to one.
    Are you mad? Germany were miles the better side, and have miles the better players. If England could play decent football like that it would be a first since about 1970.

These English players do freeze over in big games, but even then, technically they're probably not as good as Algeria.

Comment

• Why is Brazil wearing blue? Surely they will lose because of it.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Those Brazilians are good.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Dutch are showing their resiliance!!! Awesome

Netherlands up 2-1!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Told you. Blue is bad.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Always bet on, er.... orange?

Ghana will win this anyway. Don't know why the others are even still trying.

Off-colour joke for a totally different sport:
              Sorry lads, my lass can't come out tonight.

Why's that? What's wrong with her?

Well she's been suffering from something weird ever since her office did a Wimbledon sweepstake.

Any symptoms?

No idea, but she had Berdych when she came home.

Ba-dum tish.

Comment

• I cant say that I support the Dutch team but I think they may win it all. Arjen "rubber-legs" Robbyn surely had Brazils number today. He drove em nuts and that's what you've got to do to beat em.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                  I cant say that I support the Dutch team but I think they may win it all. Arjen "rubber-legs" Robbyn surely had Brazils number today. He drove em nuts and that's what you've got to do to beat em.
                  You must be kidding me. The bald guy was just terrible first 60 minutes. The only thing he was good at was diving/"half-diving". The first period of his was just insane (a wasted corner??? WTF???).
                  It's Sneijder who made the game for the Dutch. He is the hero of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                    Off-colour joke for a totally different sport:
                    Sorry lads, my lass can't come out tonight.

Why's that? What's wrong with her?

Well she's been suffering from something weird ever since her office did a Wimbledon sweepstake.

Any symptoms?

No idea, but she had Berdych when she came home.

Ba-dum tish.
                    Good one but I had to imagine it mangled through a UKEnglish filter before I got it.

Comment

• Just need Spain to beat Germany or Argentina, and I clean up. Had 20-1 for Spain to play Netherlands in the final.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Go Netherlands!
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Rooting for a Protestant country, Ben?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            Are you mad? Germany were miles the better side, and have miles the better players. If England could play decent football like that it would be a first since about 1970.

These English players do freeze over in big games, but even then, technically they're probably not as good as Algeria.
                            Yeah, they were miles the better side. I'm not denying that. England, man for man, pound for pound, have better players. It's just that those players don't gel together well in this side because you can't get a foreign anchor man to let the Gerrards and Lampards do their own thing.

The biggest problem England have is this daft pandering to reputation and just picking the 11 best players regardless of whether they work together. The side that went to South Africa was unbalanced and poorly selected, not untalented. That's just disingenuous knee jerk stuff.

And they freeze over in big games? How many Premier Leagues/FA Cups/Champions Leagues have they collectively won?

The same "untalented" players are going to be the same ones that big spending Premier League clubs build their teams around and draft in dozens of foreign players to get the most out of them. They're not stupid.

Comment

• Bloody Suarez.

Bloody Gyan.

Bloody everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                                You must be kidding me. The bald guy was just terrible first 60 minutes. The only thing he was good at was diving/"half-diving". The first period of his was just insane (a wasted corner??? WTF???).
                                It's Sneijder who made the game for the Dutch. He is the hero of the day.
                                Right on the first part of your post, totally wrong on the second part. Dirk Kuyt won this match for us.

Robben's corner will go in the history books )
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X