Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, what is the official song, the shakira song or the wave your flags one?
    I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy View Post
      Can't blame them for parking the bus against the European Champions can we?
      Blame no, but that style doesnt make for great football matches (unless its the NK midgets trying to hold out against mighty Brazil ).
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        All they need is a draw against Honduras and Chile, and then they will likely be in.

2-1-0 (6) Spain beats Chile and Honduras
        1-0-2 (5) Chile ties Switzerland, Loses to Spain
        1-0-2 (5) Switzerland Ties Honduras and Chile
        0-2-1 (1) Honduras Ties Switzerland, Loses to Spain.

They would have to draw lots, assuming goals remain equal between Chile and Switzerland.
        At this stage you can come up with all sorts of scenarios-- Wouldn't the Swiss have a good chance to defeat Honduras as well? My bottom line is that Spain has pretty much put themselves in a position where they need to win both their remaining games. I believe the scenarios where a team gets through with 4 points when there are two teams with 3 points already, get a bit too far-fetched
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• France going out? (again)

Comment

• ah well ,from three games I got my correct score in the first one, so obviously in French case, as I predicted a draw, there could have been only one result ... btw, was not France with Uruguay in the group in 2002 as well?

In any case, bye France and what a good penalty from Blanco
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Not a fan of Mexico (they are the US's hated rivals), but this does make CONCACAF look better, so I'm torn.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                In any case, bye France and what a good penalty from Blanco
                Heck yeah, Coathammock is really showing these young lads how to play.

Comment

• Wouldn't the Swiss have a good chance to defeat Honduras as well? My bottom line is that Spain has pretty much put themselves in a position where they need to win both their remaining games. I believe the scenarios where a team gets through with 4 points when there are two teams with 3 points already, get a bit too far-fetched
                  Chile/Spain is now the most important game of that group. If Chile wins, then Spain is out, and Chile and the Swiss are through.

Yes, you are right that the Swiss are favoured to beat Honduras, but so far Latin America has been extremely strong.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• serbia are really turning the screw, but will they get punished for not getting that second goal...
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• No.

That opens up Group B nicely.

USA USA USA! are the foulingest. Good start. We haven't had a proper ruck yet this year, and this match could well deliver.

Comment

• Pathetic.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Ugh, 2-0 Slovenia so far.

And a stupid yellow card on our guy. Grr.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The USA haven't played well in either 1st round match and are pretty much ****ed now unless England loses to Algeria (which is highly unlikely).
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Get in, this is turning out to be a great game. What was the keeper doing when Donovan shot though?

Come on both teams!

Comment

• GGOOOOAAAALLL!!!!

Lets go USA!
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X