Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you possibly believe that a 9-loss team is the 2nd best in the conference, Ben?
    They could beat both the Titans and the Ravens.

No way is San Diego the 2nd-best AFC team.
    Indy destroyed the Ravens 31-3.

I don't think the Ravens are the second best AFC team, and you can't rank the Titans above the Ravens.

I don't think you can rank the Ravens ahead of Indy, because Indy destroyed them, thus the Chargers are better then both.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Not only do you, laughably, put SD at #2, you can't even count 1-4!!
      Does nitpicking give you a woody? Sure seems like it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I think both games this weekend will be good games. The Ravens-Steelers may not be high scoring, but both teams have capable offenses. It won't be boring. PHI-ARI will either be a showcase of the best offense in the NFC (god only knows which team that is) blowing out the other team, or a high scoring game where both teams put up 30+ and it's just a matter of which team's fumbles bounce back up to the RB's hands, and which bounce away to the D.
        What's your justification for rating the Titans over the Chargers, given that neither team played the other over the course of the season?

If it's regular season record, that's obviously why PHI is now the number one team on the NFC side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Any given Sunday.

I'd rank both the Titans and Ravens ahead of the Chargers, and even though the Ravens beat the Titans on Sunday, I'd say the Titans are the better team.

I don't think you can rank the Ravens ahead of Indy, because Indy destroyed them, thus the Chargers are better then both.
          And Buffalo beat San Diego, so they are better than them all!! This type of transference is an utterly ridiculous way to rank teams.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It's a good way to rank playoff teams that are otherwise pretty close to one another.

Comment

Does nitpicking give you a woody? Sure seems like it.
              No, it's just that there is no point in arguing with the Beniverse.

You have opinions that can never be swayed in any way on any thing.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• You have opinions that can never be swayed in any way on any thing.
                Obviously, I was born a Catholic and grew up in the church.

Comment

Indy destroyed the Ravens 31-3.

I don't think the Ravens are the second best AFC team, and you can't rank the Titans above the Ravens.

If you play the "A beat B, B lost to C, but C beat A" game, you can make an equally flawed case for plenty of teams. Heck, Miami beat the Chargers straight up, so how could you possibly rank San Diego higher?

You are downgrading teams for having a bad day in the playoffs -- except the Chargers, who gave up 38 freaking points.

Guess what, Ben?

Special teams points COUNT.
                  Coaches calling a bad defense COUNTS.
                  Injuries COUNT.

The San Diego Chargers, judging by your own statements, were markedly inferior. They gave up 38 points. They had a terrible running game. They got out-coached.

No way does a .500 team that loses by such a wide margin deserve even slight consideration as #2 in the conference.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's a good way to rank playoff teams that are otherwise pretty close to one another.
                    I'm guessing you also support the Texas Longhorns?

Comment

• What's that supposed to mean?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Cause its the dumb-ass "logic" Longhorn fans use.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Byte me.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Didn't know you were into that sort of thing

Comment

• If you play the "A beat B, B lost to C, but C beat A" game, you can make an equally flawed case for plenty of teams. Heck, Miami beat the Chargers straight up, so how could you possibly rank San Diego higher?
                              Miami was by far the weakest team in the playoffs if you look at the differential.

You are downgrading teams for having a bad day in the playoffs -- except the Chargers, who gave up 38 freaking points.
                              They gave up 35. Lost 35-24.

If you want to make your argument, best to get the facts right, no?

They put up 24 against the best defense in football.

The San Diego Chargers, judging by your own statements, were markedly inferior. They gave up 38 points. They had a terrible running game. They got out-coached.
                              They gave up 35 points, and lost by 11. They've never lost by more then a TD + FG all season. If that constitutes a 'blowout', then I'd hate to see losing by 34 to the Indianapolis Colts mean.

No way does a .500 team that loses by such a wide margin deserve even slight consideration as #2 in the conference.
                              Which is why there's only one top 3 seed going to the AFC championships? Obviously the regular season failed to prove the best teams in the league. The only legit 10 win team were the Steelers.

Comment

What's your justification for rating the Titans over the Chargers, given that neither team played the other over the course of the season?

If it's regular season record, that's obviously why PHI is now the number one team on the NFC side.
                                I think the Titans are a better team than the Chargers. I rank the Ravens and the Steelers as a very close 1-2, and while the Titans lost barely to the Ravens (at the last second, and largely due to their best offensive player being injured), the Chargers got solidly smashed by the Steelers. I think the Titans would win the Ravens-Titans game around half the time (pre-playoffs, I rank the three very tightly, and then the other three much further down), while the Steelers would beat the Chargers around 75%.

The reason I think the Titans would beat the Chargers head up is simple: defense. The Titans have one. The Chargers D played better at the end of the year, but then an offense not much more capable than the Titans (the Steelers) carved them up like a thanksgiving turkey this weekend. Their D is not consistent - they are capable of being decent, and they are capable of sucking, equally on any given week - and thus they rank lower than the Titans, whose defense is quite consistent. I'd say the Titans beat the Chargers around 65-35 (that is, percent of games won, not score).
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X