Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers could screw up the Bird Bowl.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Steelers could screw up the Bird Bowl.
      I know they screwed up a few Lightning Bolts...........
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
        If you were a real old school Browns fan, you would not be a Ravens fan.
        The Ravens are the Real Cleveland Browns.

Im not sure who those new guys wearing their Brown jerseys are
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• The Ravens were also the team that LEFT Cleveland.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Dungy set to announce retirement

INDIANAPOLIS (TICKER) —Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy is expected to step down on Monday, according to a published report.

FOX Sports, citing team sources, reported that Dungy has made the decision to retire after seven seasons with Indianapolis.

The Colts have scheduled a news conference for 5 p.m., presumably to announce Dungy’s decision.

Dungy, 53, was expected to meet with Colts owner Jim Irsay on Monday to inform him of his decision. FOX reported that Dungy was spending Monday morning saying good-bye to his players and team employees.

Making decisions regarding his future has become an annual rite of winter for Dungy, who has has mulled retirement for the past few seasons - most notably after Indianapolis won the Super Bowl following the 2006 season.

Dungy became the first black coach to win a Super Bowl.

The Colts are 92-33 and have made the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons under Dungy, who joined Indianapolis in 2002 after a six-year stint as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Despite entering the postseason as the league’s hottest team with a nine-game winning streak, the Colts were knocked out of the playoffs with 23-17 loss at San Diego on January 3.

Indianapolis already has a coach-in-waiting. Associate head coach Jim Caldwell already has been designated as Dungy’s successor by Irsay.

A member of Dungy’s staff since 2002, Caldwell was the Colts’ quarterbacks and assistant head coach until he was elevated to his current position in January 2008.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Wow... big news there.

Dungy has always been a good guy in pro football.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Wow... big news there.

Dungy has always been a good guy in pro football.

Q F T

He was like Joe Gibbs, a real gentleman
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• The Colts are 92-33 and have made the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons under Dungy

Thats a REAL coach right there.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Darn, a real shame.

He'll be missed.

Dungy.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Pittsburgh vs. Arizona is where it's at for me. Would've preferred to see San Diego beat the Steelers, but in the absence of that, I'll go with the Steelers over a Baltimore team that lucked its way into the championship game and really shouldn't go to the Super Bowl.
                      Beat Miami and the Titans.

Sure, they managed to avoid Indy, and the Chargers, but at least they showed up to beat the Titans.

Steelers look super, if they play two more games like the one they played Sunday. I'd be shocked if it wasn't number 6 for the Steelers.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Beat Miami and the Titans.

Sure, they managed to avoid Indy, and the Chargers, but at least they showed up to beat the Titans.
                        They didn't beat the Titans; the Titans beat themselves. Tennessee moved the ball at will against the vaunted Ravens' D and only Tennessee's own screwups prevented the game from being a blowout in the Titans' favor by the fourth quarter. Heck, even the Ravens' only TD was not a great offensive play but rather a boneheaded mistake by the Titans' D.

If the same Ravens team that showed up for the Titans shows up again next week, they're going to get annihilated.
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Chargers played in 2 back-to-back AFC Championships.

Chargers/Indy and then Chargers/Pitt.

If I had to rank them 1 to 4 I'd say

1. Steelers
                          2. Chargers
                          3. Indy
                          4. Baltimore
                          5. Tennessee
                          6. Miami

Comment

• How can you possibly believe that a 9-loss team is the 2nd best in the conference, Ben?

I know you're a SD fan, but come on... Overcoming bad calls and bad bounces are part of the deal.

And you yourself have bemoaned the coaching. Guess what: Coaching counts, too! It is, in fact, arguably the most important matchup between any two closely-matched teams.

No way is San Diego the 2nd-best AFC team.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Chargers played in 2 back-to-back AFC Championships.

Chargers/Indy and then Chargers/Pitt.

If I had to rank them 1 to 4 I'd say

1. Steelers
                              2. Chargers
                              3. Indy
                              4. Baltimore
                              5. Tennessee
                              6. Miami
                              Not only do you, laughably, put SD at #2, you can't even count 1-4!!

ACK!
                              Last edited by Tuberski; January 13, 2009, 01:35.
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• My AFC pre-playoff rankings:
                                1. Steelers
                                2. Ravens
                                3. Titans
                                4. Indy
                                5. SD
                                6. Miami

My current rankings:
                                1. Steelers
                                2. Ravens
                                3. Titans
                                4. San Diego
                                5. Indy
                                6. Miami

Pretty much everything I've seen has been consistent with what I expected, except SD beating IND.

I think both games this weekend will be good games. The Ravens-Steelers may not be high scoring, but both teams have capable offenses. It won't be boring. PHI-ARI will either be a showcase of the best offense in the NFC (god only knows which team that is) blowing out the other team, or a high scoring game where both teams put up 30+ and it's just a matter of which team's fumbles bounce back up to the RB's hands, and which bounce away to the D.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X