Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-0

HELLL YEAAAHHHH!

CUJO! CUJO! C'mon Keenan.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Do you really want me to compare the Linden after the same number of games as Iginla now?
      Yes.

I can do that, that way you are looking at pure goal scoring.
      But it doesn't matter. The points are already comparable and Linden's got 8 extra seasons in there. Iginla's on the top of his game. It's incredibly unlikely for Iginla to downgrade himself to healthy-scratch-Linden status like Linden is. Players like Sakic and Iginla and Sundin -- I'm talking about really, really good players -- can keep playing even when they're 35 or older. Iginla can only pad his numbers further now, there's simply no possible way for their points/game numbers to be comparable at age 40.

He was born 1970 dude. He was 32 when you quoted these stats.
      Doesn't matter. Look at 2000 and you get 37 points again.

Stop squirming with technicalities when it doesn't matter.

He was also traded and bounced around teams for awhile.
      Which shows you just how "valuable" a player he is, right?

He got more then 80 points once and 70 points 3 other times. No, he didn't score as many goals as Iginla, but neither was he the number one scoring threat either, not when the canucks had Pavel.

Someone has to score the goals on Calgary.
      That is not the way to look at it. It is not zero-sum. Linden benefitted from playing with Bure and you're trying to paint the picture that because he played with Bure he couldn't score goals! That's bull****. Even if he didn't play on the top line with Bure, he benefitted from playing against the 2nd defensive pairing and not the first.

Linden's point total was BALLOONED because of Bure, not vice versa!

Iginla's point total is impressive as it is because he doesn't play with Bures. He doesn't play on a line like Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson either. Iginla has to create it himself, Linden benefitted from having someone else do the dirty work for many of his points.

At their peaks they are similar players.
      No, at his peak Iginla is the best player in the league (on several occasions). At Linden's peak, he's almost a point-a-game guy. Very different stratospheres.

Yes, Linden got injured after 8 seasons in and never played to the same level.
      Doesn't matter, chump. Players are players even if they suffer altering injuries, and we look at the overall picture and we don't cherrypick their one-good-season and make sweeping judgements like you're doing here.

As for throwing out my fuzzy math he was born in April, dude. I include the season he turned 30, which is 2000-1, which works out to be 799 games.
      I included 00-01 also. That's what "00" is on my list...

Which is a garbage statistic, because it doesn't include Linden's best years.
      How convenient for you. PIM does not indicate he is a physical, checking player. Correlation and causation and all that. PIM is given out for many, many things and isn't given out for good, clean hits. It's stupid to use to indicate physical play.

You are using a statistic which doesn't even exist for another player. That's the same as me saying that Gordie Howe is less physical then Iginla because the hits statistic didn't exist then.
      Except there are frickin 6 NHL seasons for Linden with the hits statistic, and he averages out the same each year. The argument wasn't "since the statistic doesn't exist, Iginla is better" as you paint it -- this is your reading comprehension failing or your desperation becoming evident. The argument was for all indications we have of genuine physical play, Linden doesn't match up with Iginla.

When Gretzky and Mario are scoring more assists then Iginla gets points.
      Doesn't make a bit of difference, he wasn't anywhere close then and he wouldn't be today either. Another desperation argument.

Oh, he plays what position, Asher?

What position does Bure play?

Bure's Centreman was Ronning and his winger was Courtnall.
      Linden plays both RW and C, historically...

I distinctly remember Bure playing RW and Linden being his centre.

You are so full of **** Asher, this is a hoot.

And you say I have no hockey knowledge?

I don't count the current season. It's not finished yet.
      How can you say I'm full of **** and say **** like this?

He already eclipsed the 70point mark, there's absolutely no ****ing reason not to count it unless you were desperate.

As for faking, I've not faked any numbers here.
      I just called you on it several times in this very post! You try to play tricks with the numbers but you're too dense to make it work.

I've never seen such a one-sided owning in a thread before, this is classic. How can you function in life, Ben, honestly.
      Last edited by Asher; March 25, 2008, 21:55.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

2-0

HELLL YEAAAHHHH!

CUJO! CUJO! C'mon Keenan.
        Not even watching it tonight. They looked exhausted last night, before the flight and then the game tonight against a rested Vancouver team.

I've already written it off.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I'm enjoying the game right now.

Why aren't you watching it Asher?

I think I'll keep watching it and argue with you later.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'm done arguing this with you, Ben. There's only so many words I can use to illustrate how little you know about hockey.

You started off with your classic "Iginla is like Jagr, no heart" comment and then followed that gem up with endless other comments demonstrating a complete ignorance of the sport.

I'm not watching the game because Calgary will be playing tired, and Vancouver will capitalize on that. There's no point to watching a game that'll just make me frustrated.

From what I hear, the reffing is as crazy-stupid as it was last night. Conroy got a late-period goaltender interference call without touching Luongo. That takes a special player to do.

Comment

• You started off with your classic "Iginla is like Jagr, no heart" comment and then followed that gem up with endless other comments demonstrating a complete ignorance of the sport.
              Actually that's a compliment to Iginla.

Jagr has a hart trophy.

Comment

Actually that's a compliment to Iginla.

Jagr has a hart trophy.
                Don't you dare try this **** with me. It's your MO. You say something desperately stupid, you get owned on it, then you spend the rest of the thread trying to weasel out of it.

You did it recently with the "oh yeah, I knew orange koolaid meant Oxycontin!" and you're doing it again now. You don't fool me, Ben, I know lots of people like you.

You only follow the Canucks so you don't know anything outside of that world. You had no idea what Iginla was like and you proceeded to dig yourself a VERY deep hole with your ignorance, and there's simply no way to dig out of it but to man up and say you made a mistake.

Comment

• Right.

Did you ever consider that I might just enjoy winding you up?

Comment

• You're weasling again, Ben.

BTW, I hear the Flames scored. Guess which one?

Comment

• I thought you weren't watching the game?

So much for 'writing them off' eh?

Comment

• I'm not. I've got IM and a lot of hockey-watching friends/family...I get the odd update.

I'm actually watching American Idol...

Comment

• It's gonna be a good game at any rate.

Ok, nuff said.

Enjoy your game.

Comment

• I confess that I'm watching the game in the third now (AI finished...).

How about that Iggy and Phaneuf? They were out constantly for like 5 minutes, got a couple goals and now the Flames lead 3-2...

And did you just see that awesome Iginla bodycheck?

Did you notice Linden warming the bench while Iginla is out schooling the Canucks?

And don't give me the age nonsense again. Craig Conroy and Owen Nolan are out there playing their hearts out and they're 36...

Comment

• Vancouver's now 4 points back.

You notice who was out there killing the penalty in the dying minutes of the game? Yes, Iginla again.

Comment

• I've already written it off.
                                QFT.

Nice try asher.

Comment

Working...
                                X