Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something happened to Linden. There was an injury and then Keenan. He was never the same.
    Nope, he didn't even get his trademark endurance back until he was traded here again.

Keenan was a disaster for the team

Anyways, thanks NYE.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Iginla is a better skilled and a tougher player. I don't know if he is a better leader. Flubber touched on it. Lack of heart I would never say, but sometimes the captain has to lead by kicking butt in his own dressing room, and I'm not sure if that is Iginla.
      I actually find it a tough thing to assess-- ie leadership

Take Mats Sundin . . year after year he gives amazing efforts-- he often leads by example and he has been a star for years and years. He is cited as the heart and soul of the Leafs .. . but is he a great leader? The leafs have been non-playoff for a few years, sometimes falling just short and no Leafs team has been a ultimate winner during his tenure. So he has usually led a failing team. BUt is that a failure of leadership or is it his AMAZING leadership that makes his squad much better than they would be otherwise? -- Its tough to tell

I have previously said that the best leaders find a way to lead their team to success. I still largely believe that but if management saddles you with a bunch of bums, would that be the fault of leading player?-- Obviously not..

With Iggy -- I have seen him blossom as the leader of a bad team for a few years and then be the leader during an improbable playoff run-- Since then he has been a leader of an inconsistent team -- one that often frustrates me-- he is obviously the on-ice leader and often causes the Flames to win by his own efforts-- but as for the intangible stuff of getting better efforts out of the rest, I'm not sure yet
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 2003 the greatest draft year?
        Nolan, Nedved, Primeau, Ricci, Jagr, Sydor, Hatcher, Kidd, Tkachuk, Brodeur.

Plus guys like Smolinski, May, Stevenson, and that's just the first round.

Second round had Slegr, Simon, Potvin, Weight, Sanderson and Renberg.

Third Round had Kozlov,

Fourth Round had Zhamnov.

Fifth round had Zubov,

Sixth round had Conroy.

Seventh round had Lang.

Eighth round had Bondra

That's by my count 2 for sure hall of famers, (Brodeur, Jagr) 4 that are close, (Bondra, Tkachuk, Hatcher, Zubov)
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 26, 2008, 12:19.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Good work on naming what year you're referring to.

I'm thinking it was 89
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Close.

As good as 2003 is, it's not as good as this one.

Comment

• I remember that draft year well, everyone was talking about the big 4 and wondering what order they would go in, and when Jagr was selected I remember the words of the commentator as being "if he were available and playing in North America today he would have been taken ahead of all 4 of those ahead of him. His biggest question mark is will he ever come to North America" (or something to that effect). Were truer words ever spoken?

A great draft year no doubt Ben, but '79 still blows that one away 2003? We'll have to wait and see.

/me

Edit: and the year was 1990 for those that may be wondering
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                Close.

As good as 2003 is, it's not as good as this one.
                Time will tell. So far, 2003 looks to be on pace to eclipse 1990. You seem to have massive problems with time-scale in your opinions.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• '79 still blows that one away
                  That class, which is very deep (every player in the first round, and all but three in the 2nd made the NHL), doesn't have 6! Hall of famers in the same year.

The only ones I see are Ray Borque, Mark Messier and Mike Gartner.

Edit: Missed Michel Goulet. So 4 Hall of famers in one year.

There's a chance that 1990 would beat that but only if 2 of Tkachuk (500 goals), Zubov (800 points) and Hatcher make it.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 26, 2008, 14:25.

Comment

• If Hatcher ever makes the Hall of Fame I'm going to kill myself.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Somehow I don't think you can suggest how many people from the 2003 entry draft will make the hall of fame at this point...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I will take a stab and say 10
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• My very, very early prediction of 2003-drafted HoFers:

Eric Staal
                          Dion Phaneuf
                          Mike Richards
                          Zach Parise

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            My very, very early prediction of 2003-drafted HoFers:

Eric Staal
                            Dion Phaneuf
                            Mike Richards
                            Zach Parise
                            Phaneuf is the only one on that list I'd give a shot at the Hall at this point.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Will Linden make the HoF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                                Will Linden make the HoF?
                                Why would he?
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X