Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Habs went up 7-1 against the Sens, and allowed the Sens to score 4 times in the 3rd, for a final of 7-5. Terrible in the 3rd, but they clinch a playoff spot and extend their lead on Ottawa to 7 points!
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Fox Chicago just claimed that the Blackhawks are "back in playoff contention". Even I'm not that deluded...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Colorado scores on a goal that should've been icing. The Flames didn't play it as such and then they scored. Replay shows it wasn't even close to not being icing. I do not understand. Iginla is furious.

Keenan seems to have given up, he pulled Kipper to rest him for tomorrow's game. (NHL schedule brilliance: Flames play in Denver tonight, then fly 1800km late tonight to play Vancouver tomorrow...Colorado gets to play 3 games in a row, each with a day off in between, each time facing an opponent playing and flying ~1800km the night before)
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I'm far from the only person who thinks Iginla deserves a shot at the MVP. The problem with Iginla's nomination is a lot of the stuff that makes him MVP isn't the flashy stuff like points,
          Actually, his lot is the same as Jagr IMHO. The points are there the heart is not.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Actually, his lot is the same as Jagr IMHO. The points are there the heart is not.
            That's not the Iginla I've seen, but what do I know.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You can't be saying Iginla doesn't have heart, can you?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• He's so out of it.

Iginla's one of the most intense players out there.

If you want an example of a floaty, heartless player, check out Naslund.
                Last edited by Asher; March 25, 2008, 09:37.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                  yes I will need some luck

Colorado picked a terrible time to suck for me so no goalie wins there-- so I am losing the goalie categories which I often dominated -- My team scored pretty well this week but my Tampa guys cost me on the plus minus and NOBODY scored much on the Powerplay--

I'll probably lose but c'est la vie-- I enjoyed/am enjoying the league--

AS for today, I could win if I outpoint you enough in the PP categories or do well enough in plus minus. I'm not counting on anything.

Just curious but what is the tiebreaker if two teams are 3-3-2 for instance?
                  Yup, all came down to the power play. A close match. I thought you were going to coast to a win at the beginning of the week when you were ahead.

Glad I wasn't playing against you this week.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

• Mark this date on the calendar, NYE and Asher agree, and it only took an off the wall statement by Ben to make it happen

Jerome Iginla is a player I want to dislike (because he plays for Calgary) but find I cannot. He is the type of player most would love to build a team around, in big part because of his heart. Power forward that can do it all, I am envious of Calgary and would struggle to come up with a comparable player on the Canucks (We'll leave the Oiler comparisons out of it, in the spirit of keeping the agreement going ).

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Of course there's no comparable player on the Canucks. The Canucks are simply going to struggle until they can do something about Naslund and Morrison's salaries - be that just letting them expire (I think they're both up at the end of next year), trading them or buying them out.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                        Mark this date on the calendar, NYE and Asher agree, and it only took an off the wall statement by Ben to make it happen

Jerome Iginla is a player I want to dislike (because he plays for Calgary) but find I cannot. He is the type of player most would love to build a team around, in big part because of his heart. Power forward that can do it all
                        He's even one of the league's best faceoff men, and he's a RW...When there's a faceoff at a critical juncture in the game, more often than not it's Iginla taking it.

Comment

• You can't be saying Iginla doesn't have heart, can you?
                          Well, he's not getting overlooked because of his lack of points.

I don't understand why Asher said that. He's got the points, he's getting overlooked because people see Kiprusoff's rebound as responsible for Calgary's turn around. And they'd be right on that.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 25, 2008, 14:48.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• If you want an example of a floaty, heartless player, check out Naslund.
                            I'm a Linden fan, so I would agree with you there.

Comment

• Jerome Iginla is a player I want to dislike, but find I cannot.
                              He's been on the team for a long time now, and Calgary was stuck in the same rut until they got Kiprusoff. That to me says everything about Iginla. He's a solid player, but he's not the be-all and end-all of Calgary.

He is the type of player most would love to build a team around
                              Linden, I'd agree with, and the Canucks until Keenan came to town were built around him. Linden is a better leader and a better player then Iginla, even if Iginla has more goals.

Power forward that can do it all, I am envious of Calgary and would struggle to come up with a comparable player on the Canucks (We'll leave the Oiler comparisons out of it, in the spirit of keeping the agreement going ).
                              Bure was about 10 times the player Iginla was, but he wasn't the leader. Linden has been the heart and soul of the team since his return and should never have left.

Of course, his form is not what it used to be, but that is age for you. Linden never won an MVP, and neither will Iginla.

Comment

Well, he's not getting overlooked because of his lack of points.

I don't understand why Asher said that. He's got the points, he's getting overlooked because people see Kiprusoff's rebound as responsible for Calgary's turn around. And they'd be right on that.
                                You've no frickin idea what's going on, do you Ben?

Kiprusoff hasn't played "good" until recently, and they were a playoff team with him playing crap as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X