Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assume Colorado gets an average of a point per game the rest of the way. They have averaged better than that all season but lets make that assumption.

That puts them at 91. To get to 91 the Oil need to get to 6-1 or 5-0-2 or better.

So its as I have been saying for a while-- Nashville or the Oil need someone to really go in the crapper unless they can go on a pretty decent undefeated string. Colorado has co-operated lately by losing a few ion a row but I think its folly to think it will continue. It may but its a lot to expect
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• It's much simpler than all that, Flubber.

The Oilers beat the Avs twice and it's a race. Lose or give them a loser point or two and not so much.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• to Edmonton for laying the early smackdown on Colorado. Thanks for helping us out, boys.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
          It's much simpler than all that, Flubber.

The Oilers beat the Avs twice and it's a race. Lose or give them a loser point or two and not so much.
          well what I said is pretty simple-- The Avs have been in the crapper with 4 straight losses now. If they had picked up even as little as two points in the last 4 games and you would be much less excited now.

You can simplify down to the next Avs Oil game if you wish but its still that the Oil have to be three points better than the Avs over a stretch of 6 games.. If the Avs get their game together it will be a tough task-- If they don't . . . well I was always saying that if a playoff contender went to crap, others would rejoin the race

Oh and nobody should forget Nashvile- While the lead is miniscule, they still do lead the Oil
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I don't think anyone has said the odds of the Oilers making the playoffs are great. Just possible.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• And in the Ploy league, so Flubber, the entire season for us comes down to one day, as it should be. It could go either way, and you've stacked your team trying to maximize your games. An interesting strategy. Well good luck cause you'll need it.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• What was the bet and Tingkai and Flubber had this year?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                  And in the Ploy league, so Flubber, the entire season for us comes down to one day, as it should be. It could go either way, and you've stacked your team trying to maximize your games. An interesting strategy. Well good luck cause you'll need it.
                  yes I will need some luck

Colorado picked a terrible time to suck for me so no goalie wins there-- so I am losing the goalie categories which I often dominated -- My team scored pretty well this week but my Tampa guys cost me on the plus minus and NOBODY scored much on the Powerplay--

I'll probably lose but c'est la vie-- I enjoyed/am enjoying the league--

AS for today, I could win if I outpoint you enough in the PP categories or do well enough in plus minus. I'm not counting on anything.

Just curious but what is the tiebreaker if two teams are 3-3-2 for instance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                    What was the bet and Tingkai and Flubber had this year?

The only bet I offered this year was to NYE and he declined IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      I don't think anyone has said the odds of the Oilers making the playoffs are great. Just possible.

They are making it more possible with every game. A very impressive run actually. But recent wins by Calgary and Minny mean that practically they have to catch Colorado (even Vancouver may be too far ahead).

On the up side for them all the teams behind them did not keep pace yesterday. Realistically it should be a 3 team fight for one spot with the reeling Avs team still having a pretty big advantage

Comment

• So, how's about that hattrick last night by Iggy?

And the shortie by Phaneuf?

Comment

• I love it

Edmonton fans will be cheering for Calgary Monday night as the Flames take on the Avs. meanwhile Flames fans will be rooting for the Oilas they take on Minnesota.

It juts so happens that the Alberta teams can really help each other with their respective quests

Comment

• Looks like 100+ roster changes doesn't quite get you as far as smart drafting, eh Flubber?
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Damien Cox renews his idiot certification:

Comment

• I generally agree that playing for a playoff team is worth more than playing for a non-playoff team for MVP voting. I don't agree that it's 100%; but if the MVP candidate #1 is on a playoff team, and #2 is on a non-playoff team, and their worth to their teams is close to equal, I'll go with the playoff guy every time. I think that making the playoffs is the ultimate goal of the regular season (right?) and therefore getting your team there should count for something; even if it's because you're on a better team, there are lots of cases where a single star was able to get a relatively average team to the playoffs, especially now that the salary cap at least somewhat encourages a level playing field.

That said, there is still the occasional Andre Dawson (Cubs player won the MVP on a team with a losing record, by sheer awesomeness) and such where the player is surrounded by such **** that he doesn't have a prayer, and has such an awesome season that he deserves the MVP clearly. I just think that if it's not CLEAR, he shouldn't win it. I don't make a comment on this year because I don't watch much outside of the Blackhawks, so I don't know about Lidstrom vs Ovechkin.

I do know that...
                                Lidstrom's worth to the Wings was amply demonstrated by the way in which the team nearly fell apart during his recent injury absence.

is true for fantasy teams as well as the real thing
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X