Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the Weasel have to say about that?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Who are the linemen on the Jags?

The other trouble is that they have the fourth best AFC QB in Gerrard, (behind Manning, Brady and Roethlisburger), and the 4th best RB, (Addai has more touchdowns).

We shouldn't have gotten Dielmen or McNeil in, they are not performing up to their standards a year ago.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• 4th best RB, (Addai has more touchdowns).

And Taylor has one FULL yard greater in yards per carry. I'd put Taylor over Addai, personally.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Jag who most deserved a pro bowl selection was CB Rashean Mathis. Fred Taylor probably deserved to go over Willie Parker, who only has a pile of yards because he's carrying the ball billions of times inefficiently. You could also make a reasonable case for their defensive end Paul Spicer.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Though Parker has the same yards per carry as Addai (and McGahee for that matter) .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• OOOOOH... Not so fast for Parcells!

Bill Parcells will not be joining the Atlanta Falcons as head of football operations.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Bill Parcells will not be joining the Atlanta Falcons as head of football operations.

Parcells turned down the position, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Wednesday in a statement. Blank said the team had an agreement in principle with Parcells, but after he told the Falcons he was considering an offer from the Miami Dolphins, negotiations fell through.

Parcells was considering an offer to join the team's front office as vice president of football operations, a role that would put him in charge of finding the next coach for a team rocked by the suspension and imprisonment of Michael Vick and the sudden resignation of Bobby Petrino.

Comment

• I guess the Weasel is not a Falcon fan.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• And Taylor has one FULL yard greater in yards per carry. I'd put Taylor over Addai, personally.
                  Sure, which helps that he isn't the only one running.

Fred has less then half the touchdowns that Addai has, and that counts too.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Addai catches.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                      Sure, which helps that he isn't the only one running.

Fred has less then half the touchdowns that Addai has, and that counts too.
                      Makes it even more impressive that Taylor isn't the only one running for Jacksonville, yet has more yards than Addai.

TDs are also a function of the team. It helps that Addai has Peyton Manning and co. to get him more chances at short yardage TDs .

Not saying Addai sucks or anything, but Taylor gets my nod.

Comment

• It's clearly Taylor over Parker, not over Addai.

Addai has 0 fumbles on the year, which shouldn't be ignored. (Parker is extremely fumblicious.) Addai offers consistent gains to Parker's boom-or-bust. And Addai is by far the best receiver of the three. He and Taylor are also far superior to Parker in pass protection.

Addai vs Taylor is a close matchup. Either one of them vs Parker is not.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                          Biggest pro bowl snubs were Joe Thomas and Marques Colston.
                          I'd add Wes Welker to that list as well... the guy has been pivotal in the Pats' passing game... he has 96 receptions, 1,004 yards, and 8 TDs... that's huge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni
                            I'd add Wes Welker to that list as well... the guy has been pivotal in the Pats' passing game... he has 96 receptions, 1,004 yards, and 8 TDs... that's huge!
                            How can you be a snub when there are only 4 positions for WR and all 4 picked were better than you?

To add... your AFC WR Pro-Bowlers:

Randy Moss - 87 rec, 1343 yds, 19 TDs
                            Reggie Wayne - 82 rec, 1280 yds, 9 TDs
                            Braylon Edwards - 69 rec, 1170 yds, 13 TDs
                            T.J. Houshmandzadeh - 101 rec, 1028 yds, 11 TDs

Which one is Welker better than?
                            Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; December 20, 2007, 12:06.

Comment

• I like Welker, but you can't ignore that having Moss on the other side is a blessing for him.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Oh, I couldn't find the rosters very easily... the NFL site is still quite messy, but I was under the impression that there were 5 slots for WR.

It's a toss-up between Housh and Welker though... Housh has better numbers, but still, the Bengals have a **** record.

Comment

Working...
                                X