This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    Looking at the play-by-play, that took it to the 2-min warning, after which McNabb took 3 knees to end the game. Dallas never sees the ball again.

If he scores, Dallas is down by 11, but they get the ball with 2:19 left. The Boys already escaped Buffalo with an improbable onside kick this year. Why give them another shot? Westbrook's play took the miracle out of the equation.

Face it, Sloww: It WAS a freaking brilliant heads-up play.
    It was a brilliant move by Westbrook who showed that he really does care more about winning than personal stats. He is a top notch person and a great role model...

but I still want to kick him in the nuts.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• The play pissed off Dallas fans, so I fully support it.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
        This was a crazy fantasy playoff week. Many good teams relied on Brady and Derek Anderson, both of whom were screwed over by crazy inclement weather. Some teams were powered by Brian Westbrook, whose intelligent, excellent play cost him six points in fantasy.
        And then there are people who got hit by BOTH Bad Brady and smart Brian.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• And this may be where I see that fantasy football may be a bad thing.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Why? No one has ever suggested that FF = NFL. It's just a silly game based on pro sports, and random crap happens in both. There are plenty of examples of smart football plays that don't reward fantasy teams.

Bad weather is always a potential issue at playoff time, and those who really obsess on it will have run-based teams. A great QB who doesn't throw a lot is a bad fantasy player. A great defense produces too many 3-and-outs, reducing the overall number of tackles.

It's just a question of knowing the parameters and maximizing your chances within them.

I agree that the regular season is probably a truer indicator of superiority than a two-week playoff, but hey, it's all in fun, right?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal

It was a brilliant move by Westbrook who showed that he really does care more about winning than personal stats. He is a top notch person and a great role model...

but I still want to kick him in the nuts.
              It was stupid. You people can think what you want, as will I.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Scoring a TD and giving Dallas back the ball: Stupid (from Philadelphia's point of view of course)
                Not scoring a TD and ensuring Philly wins the game: Smart (from philadelphia's point of view)

Do you somehow think that players should do things that hard their chances to win
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Showing you have absolutely zero confidence in the whole team, priceless.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Not allowing the other team to touch the ball the rest of the game: priceless.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Option A: 0.05% chance at losing
                      Option B: 0.00% chance at losing

You take your choice, I'll take mine... if any player on that team had a problem with what Westbrook did, I'd cut him in a heartbeat. Westbrook made the right choice for the team, at potential personal cost (who knows what bonus he might miss for lacking that TD, or less money he might make). That's the kind of guy I want at my back any day.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          Why? No one has ever suggested that FF = NFL. It's just a silly game based on pro sports, and random crap happens in both. There are plenty of examples of smart football plays that don't reward fantasy teams.
                          Too many people yell and scream at smart NFL play because it messes up their fantasy teams. Look at the attention Westbrook's smart play is getting. Why? Because fantasy players are pissed.

I'd rather people appreciate the play than think of how it screws them over.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Who? I'm not, and Westbrook could easily end up costing me advancing to the championship game over at FFZ (I'm down 12 instead of 6 going into MNF).

Donegeal's upset but only at the circumstance of being unluck. Being a football guy, I'm sure he gets it.

The only guy who seems to think it was a dumb move is Slowwy, and he wasn't affected by it in FF, afaik.
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• There is an internet world outside of Poly .

Comment

• Buncha whiners and losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X