Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the Cowboys were doing great at stopping the run. But it looked to me like they themselves mysteriously abandoned the run. Very weird when you consider Romo's thumb injury.

Witten has really blossomed this year. Already over 1,000 yds and a very good shot at 100 catches.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Westbrook - 18 rushes, 81 yds. Losing a division game wasn't the one to lose. I don't guess it doesn't matter at this point.
      Jessica looked nice.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        I thought the Cowboys were doing great at stopping the run. But it looked to me like they themselves mysteriously abandoned the run. Very weird when you consider Romo's thumb injury.

Witten has really blossomed this year. Already over 1,000 yds and a very good shot at 100 catches.
        They abandoned the run because Julius Jones was sucking. God forbid that they just let Marion Barber play.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Nice Taunt Landry, gave the Giants a First Down, celebrate with teammates, not at Plexico Burress when ya knock the snot outta him
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Westbrook - 18 rushes, 81 yds. Losing a division game wasn't the one to lose. I don't guess it doesn't matter at this point.
            Jessica looked nice.
            Take away Westbrook's 24-yd run at the end and it's 17-57 (3.35/carry).
            The Iggles' only other rushing yardage was from McNabb.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Currently, the QBs on Sunday Night football are a combined 12 for 41.
              Brutal.

Comment

• I'm not usually a big "pound the run" guy, but that's exactly what the Redskins need to do for the rest of the game. Don't attempt a single pass. It's not worth it. It's abundantly clear that nobody can complete passes today, and the Giants are completely innocuous, and all they have to do is keep running down the clock.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Wow. For a guy who's last FF hope is Chris Cooley, those are brave words indeed.

EDIT: Check that. Forgot you've got Robbie Gould as well.

ZOMFG Toomer just dropped an easy deep pass.

Comment

• I don't have stat-tracker and I haven't bothered to go through the math and figure out how many points I need. I may be in the absurd situation of my mediocre team knocking off the top seed and playing for the championship, while my top seed team gets knocked off by a mediocre team.

Oh, and although this might start that tiresome argument again: my Brady team is by far the better of my two fantasy football teams, regardless of how they finish. (My mediocre team will almost certainly finish better in the playoffs.)

Comment

• I joined the party late, but BRILLIANT heads up play by Westbrook! Why give the other team more time to score when you can run down the clock even more and if you don't score, pin them at the 1, having to go 99 yards for the win.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Somehow I knew you would think it brilliant.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Looking at the play-by-play, that took it to the 2-min warning, after which McNabb took 3 knees to end the game. Dallas never sees the ball again.

If he scores, Dallas is down by 11, but they get the ball with 2:19 left. The Boys already escaped Buffalo with an improbable onside kick this year. Why give them another shot? Westbrook's play took the miracle out of the equation.

Face it, Sloww: It WAS a freaking brilliant heads-up play.

Comment

• does anyone actually care about post game interviews? they always say the same thing. "made plays when we had to" That statement is so overused. argh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                              I don't have stat-tracker and I haven't bothered to go through the math and figure out how many points I need. I may be in the absurd situation of my mediocre team knocking off the top seed and playing for the championship, while my top seed team gets knocked off by a mediocre team.

Oh, and although this might start that tiresome argument again: my Brady team is by far the better of my two fantasy football teams, regardless of how they finish. (My mediocre team will almost certainly finish better in the playoffs.)
                              I'm in the same boat. My better team (easily led in scoring and I didn't even have Brady) is in major danger over at FFZ. But over here (and in a lot of leagues, I'm sure), December weather has turned the improbable likely. In fact, no team in either league I'm in has managed 130 pts yet (MNF pending).

FYI Jaguar, I have StatTracker:

Mountain Goats: 104.65 (plus Robbie Gould Monday)
                              Vicious Rabbits: 124.76 (Bernard Berrian Monday)

Sorry, dude. You deserved better. Yours was a truly dominant team.

Comment

• This was a crazy fantasy playoff week. Many good teams relied on Brady and Derek Anderson, both of whom were screwed over by crazy inclement weather. Some teams were powered by Brian Westbrook, whose intelligent, excellent play cost him six points in fantasy. Some teams were powered by Tony Romo, who had his biannual crazy-screwup game. As for me, Tomlinson could have gone over 200 yards against Detroit and saved me if not for Norv Turner's good sportsmanship, taking Tomlinson out at the half.

I benefited from Romo's biannual crazy-screwup game in the other Poly league, so I'm both a casualty and a beneficiary of playoff flukiness.

I like playoffs. I think we can all agree that sports wouldn't be fun if the Patriots were already automatically considered the champions of this year, and my Goats had league 2 clinched by week 10. That's one of the problems with college football at the moment. The whole point of the playoffs is that the dominant teams can lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X