Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at Arizona losing, and a team could have a much worse backup QB than Kurt Warner.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Farve does it.

Broke Marino's record.
      New England does it

Brady broke my Fantasy Bank
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• As long as we're celebrating achievements...

Miami does it. Now everyone laugh at Baltimore...

Comment

• OMGWTF Miami won!
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Baltimore........................good day....
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Go Dolphins!! Yayy!!

Comment

• Dolphins actually came from behind and dodged some bullets at the end: Ravens went for tie on 4th-and-goal at the 1 and missed FG in OT.

Dolphins beat Ravens in overtime for first win

Associated Press

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins finally won one, thanks to a break and a big play in overtime.

After Baltimore's Matt Stover missed a 44-yard field goal in the extra period, Miami's Greg Camarillo turned a short completion into a 64-yard touchdown, and the Dolphins beat the Baltimore Ravens 22-16 Sunday.

With the 1972 perfect-season Dolphins cheering them on, the woebegone 2007 team rallied from a 10-point third-quarter deficit and snapped a 16-game losing streak.

Camarillo broke over the middle on third down and had two steps on the secondary when he caught a pass from Cleo Lemon near midfield. Finding himself in the clear, Camarillo sprinted to the end zone for his first NFL touchdown, and his jubilant teammates ran after him to create a mob scene in the corner of the stadium.

With their first victory since Dec. 10, 2006, the Dolphins (1-13) avoided matching the worst start in NFL history.

Owner Wayne Huizenga has been so fed up by years of decline in the Dolphins that he's discussing the sale of the team to two real estate developers. Huizenga declined to comment on negotiations, but the owner did shed a few tears after his team's first victory of the season.

The Dolphins finally found a team they could beat in the Ravens (4-10), who lost their eighth game in a row, extending a franchise record.

Miami took its first lead with 1:56 left in regulation on a 29-yard field goal by Jay Feely. But his ensuing kickoff went out of bounds, allowing the Ravens to start at their 40, and rookie Troy Smith drove them 59 yards.

Baltimore coach Brian Billick decided against trying for a winning touchdown on fourth down at the 1, and Stover's 18-yard field goal with 8 seconds left forced overtime.

The Ravens started at their 20 following the overtime kickoff, and Smith drove them 54 yards, but Stover pulled a kick wide left.

Three plays later, the Dolphins had their first win more than a year.
                The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

And Huizenga might sell the team!
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Pittsburgh disappoints again...
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• How 'bout them Iggles! Win in Dallas 10-6!

Comment

• Fantasy Football WTF.

I have dominated all season long.

This week:
                      Brady stinks up the joint.
                      The Broncos are unable to run (S.Young)
                      Baltimore looses to one of the worst teams in Football (defense)
                      And Brian Westbrook breaks a long run only to sit down on the one.

I want to kick him in the nuts.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                        How 'bout them Iggles! Win in Dallas 10-6!
                        That was a great game! Cowgirls really shined.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal

And Brian Westbrook breaks a long run only to sit down on the one.
                          And THAT was freakin' brilliant. Talk about a team player! The Eagles have been beat on TDs taken too early; Westbrook does the right thing and sits on the one. Professional!!!
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Stupid. I've never seen that, and just because it's the first time, that doesn't make it brilliant. It shows an utter lack of confidence in the team. Quite the opposite perception that you have of it.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Westbrook showed total focus and an utter commitment to winning the game. Quite stunning, really.

I think it was unnecessary, as a TD would have made it a 2-possession game. But the Boys have gotten away with late miracles twice already this year, so you can make a good case for it.

Sadly, that play will probably cost me a playoff win over at FFZ. And that really sucks. But lots of dominant FF teams are getting knocked off this week, what with Brady and Romo sucking.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Romo sucked. Maybe his right thumb was hurt. Who knows. Lot of injuries.
                                Witten had a good day, the defense couldn't stop the run. Lot of pressure on McNabb.
                                Last edited by SlowwHand; December 16, 2007, 22:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X